Bad News (OA Broken)

Discussion in 'The Zone: NBA 2K15 Online Association' started by JFace907, Dec 27, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The OA got stuck in the playoffs and wouldn't advance so when i tried to advance it, it went to the offseason and we have no 2012-2013 champion. We can either ride this out and move on to season 2 or we can restart. How do you guys feel? Some of you guys joined late and we've got wait list guys wanting to join. It may be best to give them a fresh start. How do you guys feel?

Danthraxxx
    PAgamer07
    Lobster Killah
    Connor
    Elemnt
    Aspect1
    CTfromDC
    BRUCE80
    recchem2000
    Matrix Monkey
    broth262

2. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I vote fresh start.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Lets restart , gives the new members a chance to start on even ground.

4. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Oh bummer.

Well the tough thing to me is that there are just SO MANY games against the CPU. Some are fun but 40ish is a lot. Also with the way the league advances it makes it tough to actually schedule the games against opponents.

What are our options?

Most seem unfavorable like start in one division and start filling things up but someway to focus on more user interaction would be awesome. Obviously the playoffs is where the action is at. So what about shortening the season drastically so that we can get into the playoffs sooner? Then once we get more players we start lengthening the season?

These are just ideas but I feel we can do better. This game is great and every user I've played is a blast. Playing Aspect1 is apeshit, the guy's game is deadly. Its so much fun. I just want more user interaction. What does everyone else think?

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The thing about Online Association is that the "Season Length" option you chose has zero baring on how fast we get through the seasons. That strictly relies on the "Pace" setting we choose. In the previous file we were on Slow Pace, meaning we would advance 1 day every 8 hours. Medium Pace allows us to advance 1 day every 6 hours and Fast Pace allows us to advance 1 day every 4 hours. That schedule is strictly based on a 58 game season. The timings change a bit when you chose the 82 and the 29 game season lengths. I think 58 is perfect because you play every team twice. 29 is just every team once.

6. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Yeah by season length I meant games played. So 29 games gets us to the playoffs faster, makes every game count THAT much more and the percentage of simmed games would go down I bet. That's the input I meant to be adding. Thank you for the quick reply.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

29 games does not get us to the playoffs faster. We'd have to pick a fast speed setting. The OA spaces the games out from November-April no matter how many games you pick. 29 games spaced out between 6 months leaves you with TONS of off days.

8. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Boom roasted. That clears it up. OA you're killing me, hah.

9. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do, seeing how I would just be joining and this would be my first association, I really have no idea how speed would matter, so I'll eave that up to everyone else and I'm sure I'll be fine. Not to mention I am on winter break for the next month, so I have plenty of time.

My only thing is I ordered the game from Amazon the other day, so I am still waiting on it to get here, so obviously I can't do anything until I have the game, but no reason to wait or delay anything on my account.

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

JFace907 I think we could get more activity if we were on a faster pace , I feel like leagues have more vested interest from its members when more seasons are involved. Just my 0.02 , I know I was t the most active member as you and I discussed in my PM but that should change here soon. I don't mind the sims to the CPU so much , 82 or 58 is a lot of games to play and most of us have other leagues so this would be my #3 option behind TMFL and clubs.

I will roll with what we you chose though bud

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

What i fear is if we choose 29 games, guys will be sitting around idle a lot. I mean 58 games has stretches where you can go without a game scheduled for 10 days on the season calendar. I can't imagine how bad 29 would be. Hell just doing the math it would be just over 4 games a calendar month.

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Nah man 29 is blah , I could run a 29 OA wih randoms lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Yeah I didn't know it would work like thats. I assumed it would shorten the calendar and start in Jan or something. That's bogus. A 29 game season is already way off from the idea of the regular NBA calendar so I don't know why they would try to make it fit into the full length schedule time. Seems poorly thought out.

14. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I vote to keep 58 games, but def pick 2 divisions to pick teams from until we get more owners. i feel this is the best game out right now but I focus more on madden and ncaa cause we have full owners lists.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

FYI - if you do a 58 game schedule putting users in divisions doesn't really matter. In that setup you play every team twice regardless of conference/division.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Oh ur right, just trying to figure out how to get more user games.?

17. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Unless you play an 82 game normal NBA schedule, where you would play opponents in conference/division more than others, the only way for more user games in an OA is to have more users.

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah, as dru hast said the only way to play an unbalanced schedule is to do a full 82 games

19. Connor

Connor Walk On

Restart. I say 82 or 54. Preferably 54 because that's already a lot of games and I'd like to have as few simmed as possible. Also not sure about the speed, but in the playoffs I felt like it was going way to fast. Maybe 8 min quarters as well.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Funny you should say that about the playoffs. We were on the speed possible.

21. Connor

Connor Walk On

Is there away to pause the timer in the playoffs?

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

We found out in The Baseline that, that only causes problems.

23. Connor

Connor Walk On

What type of problems. I sure as hell don't want to be up in a series, my opp can't play and I lose the series cause of sim. In that case do you change the results as commish?

24. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

very similar to what we experienced here. we at least were able to get a Finals winner

25. Connor

Connor Walk On

Gotcha so when do we start again. I'm tired of being out of play. Also will we reelect teeams since so many opened up?