Bad News... Red light of death for ox

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Last night, tried to play a game a Fifa before i went to bed and the ps3 turned on for a second, then flashed yellow light, beep 3 times and then just red blinking light... After some research this is the "red ring of death" for the ps3.

I plan to stay with the league and i Will have a ps3 one way or another before the start of Season 6 but may need your guys help a bit when it comes to cut/sign/drop players or whatnot. Boot me out of the franny and ill keep everyone up to date on whats happening on my end.

I have the money no doubt but if i got a new one it wouldnt be before i get paid again which is friday the 11th, the ps3 is still under warrenty so here are the options i have come up with so far.

1) Send it off to be fixed, quoted 6 weeks on the phone today. Last resort IMO. Might have to sit out a while and forfeit the titans this way so badddddd idea.
    2) Send it off to be fixed, and buy a slim on friday, sell the refurbed unit.
    3) Try some online methods to get it operational but risk losing warrenty and hope it doesnt break again.
    4) Try the do it at home method, Trade in the Fatboy for a slim at gamestop.

Warrenty ends in june, my next step to find out how much i can sell a refurbed unit for and how much the trade in value is. What do yall the think the best option is????

Anybody know of any deals like they had around Christmas?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Are the Titans currently in the playoffs? Or will they be?

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

they are tied with the Jets for the #6 seed, xfn is showing Jets over the Titans currently, but with this games stupid tiebreaker system, who knows what can happen. Can't really know for sure until the advance

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

if im in, let me get 24 hours to try and secure a ps3 for a game, if not, im gonna let dave or winny sub

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

getting ready to drop some players, will post in my front office thread and update the capbook, but i cannot drop manually via the ps3 unless xfn.net will let you cut/sign which i dont think it does

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

it wont take 6 week, 2 tops. i sent mine off twice and got it back both times in 2 weeks. i did what you suggested, bought a new one, sent the old one off, and sold it.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If anyone knows about PS3 troubles, it's Nate.