Ball St. Gazzette - Week 1 "Ka-Boom!"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shibdib, Jul 23, 2010.

1. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Jul 22, 2010
    Ball St. Gazzette - Week 3 "KO'ed"

Ball State rips apart Florida Atlantic in a 49-7 season-opening victory.

In an impressive showing that involved a record breaking play, Ball St. dismantles Florida Atlantic in the home opener.

Ball State's pass defense made today a nightmare for Florida Atlantics quarterbacks forcing a staggering 6 interceptions, 3 of which were taken to the house. One of these with 41 seconds remaining in the 1st half, was an NCAA record setting 97 yards by Joshua Howard CB #46.

The offense sputtered out of the gate, fumbling on the opening drive, but senior MiQuale Lewis carried the team on his back with an impressive 192 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns with 13 yards receiving and 91 yards in the punt and kick return game.

Coach shibdib was quoted as saying "I'm proud of the way the boys played today, but this is just the beginning of the road to a MAC title."

When asked about some news on the recruiting front his reply was, "We have a young team, so with 0 needs and only 8 seniors on our 68 man roster we are limited to only 10 scholarships this season. I don't wanna give away any secrets but improving our offensive line is a big priority to me."

Offensive Game Ball - MiQuale Lewis
    Defensive Game Ball - Joshua Howard
  2. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Jul 22, 2010
    The Cardinals surrender to Purdue 32-7.

In a complete 360 from the week 1 win, Ball State is embarrassed by the Big Ten basement dweller Purdue. The only plus I can come up with for this game is that they escaped without any injuries to key players.

Starting QB Kelly Page was a mind numbing 7 for 33 with 0 TD's and 2 INT's with a whopping 60 yards passing. Stud HB MiQuale Lewis could only muster 29 yards on 13 attempts.

Defensively the Cardinals did not fare much better, surrendering 503 total yards with 315 coming through the air. Their inability to get a single sack undoubtedly made it an easy day for Purdue.

Coach shibdib was quoted as saying "The Big Ten is a solid conference top to bottom, we went out there thinking Purdue was a bunch of pushovers and quite honestly we got punched in the mouth. Next week is another tough game against a Big Ten opponent in Iowa, and I certainly hope the players take this as a wake up call."

When asked about some news on the recruiting front, Coach shibdib in an apparent effort to help his cause said the following, "We're actively pursuing players players of high calibre to play for this team, and im highly interested in bringing QB Joe Thompson (3*) to Ball State."

Offensive Game Ball - No One
    Defensive Game Ball - No One