Ball State Retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BearDownx92, Apr 14, 2009.

1. BearDownx92

BearDownx92 Guest

Ball State Retirement

Sorry to inform but with two leagues that i'm in and maybe Legendary Veterans brancing out, i don't see much time for this league. Its fun, but at the same time too easy. CPU games i played while on the phone with my girlfriend just picking random plays and hardly paying attention to it. Its not my kind of ball. LV is more hard core where any given week you could lose to a CPU. Hell Miami in ours was #1 in the nation and almost lost to a 4-6 Florida State team. If it wasn't for a user pick 6 in the end zone for him he would of lost. I beat the CPU by an average 25+ points every game here, where as in the Lv's i barely went 6-6 in one and had 3 winless seasons in another. Its just i don't feel and competitiveness at all. Hope you guys flourish. I know you will find a great replacement. Play on, peace.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We are in the MAC and C-USA (teams that are 60-75 OVR). We tried to up the sliders but too many people complained about it.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this is not suprising with the fallout from the situation with ElkPride.. i think the two guys are tight if not related.

take care, sorry things didn't work out for you.

4. BearDownx92

BearDownx92 Guest

Oh yes understandable. But at the same time, i'm looking for a challenge. So i mean if these are the sliders, it isn't

And i do have to admit RynoAid, my brothers (Elkpride's) situation does affect me. I mean, i've never has been shut out, EVER. And he plays stout defense. But seeing hmi get, what we would call, cheezed when shaunl or whatever his name is by running 6 (i counted) screens, and about 15-20 curl routes cause its unstoppable with out putting your safties there was ridiculous. And the fact that when he would put his safties there and the he would audible a streak to his fast WR for a TD, it was ridiculous. And he would just run the same dive/iso play to get 5-6 a pop. No team does this every play. It is cheesing and no one backed my brother up. Its not right. But whatever, not my situation so leave it be at that.

On me retiring i just can't play this non-competitive style dynasty. Maybe the user-user games are fun but i no willing to wait for that. So have fun with this guys. I understand being that minority team sux but easy sliders aren't the fix....

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think we agree on the sliders.

Elk's situation is between him and shaun, if you ask me. OFFL is a tight group of guys that have been playing for a long time together and when Elk posted up the way he did about that game, it didn't rub them the right way. With that being said, the other guys kind of dog-piled him and that wasn't fair either.

However, two wrongs don't make a right.

It is unfortunate that it didn't work out here for you or your brother. We wish you guys the best moving forward...

6. BearDownx92

BearDownx92 Guest

You too. I admit my brother approached it wrong but the fact of the matter is he felt cheated and in our league we post about it. We get everyone to give opinions. The snowballed him and it wasn't fair. But i mean yeah sliders are set to abilities. People set em to where they are hard for them and i guess we have different aspects on hard. But yes good luck to you moving forward and hope you guys play for many season. Peace.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The problem with your brother was that his argument made no sense. He kept harping on the sliders, when sliders and difficulty level have no effect on user games at all. Also, your brother got shut down on offense, so even if Shaun had only scored 3 points he would have won. Six screens in a game is a little screwy, but people do that stuff, and if you can't stop it, prepare to have it run down your throat. With the iso/dive, I have never seen a football team NOT continue to pound that play down your throat until you can stop it -- that is pretty basic.

None of that is related to this. I agree that the sliders should be tougher, and that these teams SHOULD struggle to win. However, this being a majority rule type deal, I don't see it changing. The user games are definitely a blast.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think the whole OFFL situation happened because of the simple fact that Elk is 17 and those guys are 30's...

were oldtimers for the most part around here, and that can be an issue when young guys try to join in... there's a maturity difference their, not necessarily an intelligence difference.. just maturity. It's not bad that it happens on either side, it's just social fact that it's hard to mix generations like that in a community.

There are only certain groups of 30 somethings that can handle hanging around with teenagers, and there are only certain teenagers that can handle hanging out with 30 somethings...it's the exception, not the rule.

As far as settings...we all play in leagues that we like... period. Our interpretations of what is fun, sim and functional for league play is different. Obviously we have a model that resonates with alot of people with over 70 active members... but we can't please everyone.

Sorry, again, that things didn't work out... good luck to you, Elk, oshio and the the other solid members of the LV. With oshio you guys can definitely go it alone independent and come up with something cool... gl, let me know if you need anything.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm 23... so consider me a liason between the 17 year olds and the 30 year olds :D

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

and just one reminder.. though you might not like some settings in our leagues etc... Tradition Football was still the model for some of the things you like about LV... i mean Elk already admitted that the basis for rules and settings in the beginning were from TF. So don't knock us too hard...(y)

i think you guys offer a good league experience regardless.. you have nice sites, graphics and several dedicated guys to follow through on it.

11. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

yea i admit the CPU games are way too easy. however, i asked everyone before the season started about bumping the sliders, and no one wanted to do it. everyone said it was hard as it was, so i just left them as is.