Baltimore Ravens ... no longer occupied

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by woodsmall, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

majesty95
    Crespo6
    Cole Copeland

Looks like the Ravens retired and on his way out the door released a good portion of his players ... Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and multiple other players are listed as Free Agents now ... I got this as I was reviewing the VFL tweets this morning and noticed the talking heads commenting on Raven players

Anyhow, thought I should bring it to your attention and the rest of the league to avoid trying to claim these players

FYI ... looks like Ravens have 30 men currently on their roster ... looks to have picked up a few guys recently, ie Vince Young

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Wow. Is there a bigger dick move than that one?

• Like Like x 4
  3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

4. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

lmfao i was wondering why my phone was going off like crazy at work i was like WTF !!! is wrong with the ravens lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

dang lol...let me put in my waiver claims real quick...

just kidding ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

I guess he was just a sore loser!?! Huh... I looked at the box score he played the Patriots... Pats threw it the whole game!! 43 times to just 8 runs...hmmm is that really mixing up your play calls...just saying??

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

People are so immature.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

This is going to be a very tricky situation to figure out in getting all those players back on the roster

I also think the patriots owner needs to be looked into for running 8 times and throwing 40+ times.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Should have booted him when he first started acting like an idiot.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

wow thats just crazy... fks over all there contracts.. What is his tso name?

11. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

12. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

This screws up the franchise because that team is in salary cap hell now. I heard about this before and it can be damaging to the entire franchise. I think we should just shorten the leash on owners and possibly boot after first offense.

13. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

This screws Cap penalties, Players Contracts ect.... Ravens are FUCKEDDDDDD.. Commish needs to get this dude banned from tso forever

• Like Like x 1
  14. coachgaddy

I was down 31-7 in the first half against the Ravens. I threw to get back into the game and started to run when it was close but he is strong vs the run. Which was why i was able to chew up all the 4th quarter against him when it was close. Also what can you do when he is moving multiple players around to setup a nano blitz.

MiaFLSurf you have no need to doubt me as a sim player. I try to stay balance in all my games but if you down big fast you have to get it close again before you can run. Gimme time work with this team and I will have the running game going.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. MiaFLSurf

What might have to happen is to allow the CPU control the ravens for the next few seasons. Someone who has a friend that can join as the ravens should do so to at least manually resign the big names back on the team to have some sense of normalcy.

I have know idea what could he done besides that?

• Like Like x 1
  16. MiaFLSurf

I h
    I was no way trying to accuse. I meant more of looking to see why to maybe get insight to why he did what he did. Regardless te main problem is trying to fix this now.

17. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Don't tag him back to this forum please ;) Hopefully he will be banned soon enough but I'd prefer not to call his attention here if we can avoid it.

As far as his team, I'm working on a way to get them back onto the right team. I'm not sure about cap penalties and such so that will have to be worked out. Trying to get the right contracts may be tricky too. I will figure something out.

As far as coachgaddy and the Patriots, you guys are not understanding what sim play is actually about. First, the Patriots were behind most of the game so were playing catch up. Second, the Patriots (and Eagles, among others) frequently throw 60-70% of the time, or more. Personally, I don't care if you throw 80% of the time if you run 20-30 different plays and are mixing up the routes you throw to. Even throwing to the same receiver, I don't care if you have a stud like Gronk or Calvin Johnson and target him 10-12 times if you are using 7,8,9 different plays to get him the ball. You don't have to have a 50/50 run/pass balance. You just have to mix up what plays you're calling, types of runs your running and routes/concepts your are passing to.

As far as everyone else. I realize that sim gaming is not for everyone. Some people just want to play and not have a lot of rules. That's fine. You paid your $60 and can play however you want. These leagues are just not for you. However, if you decide they are not for you, please be mature and leave with dignity. I mean, seriously, we are all adults.

18. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

63.76Mil Cap pen for 2013 year

19. MiaFLSurf

Holy shit that's cap hell. Looks like it needs to be on CPU mode for a year unless someone has the balls to try and win with that!

20. coachgaddy

I'm searching the net for resolution to this problem cause I know it has happen a lot in other leagues.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

i wonder if u can turn salary cap off and on to clear cap penalties

22. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I know he was trouble when he was bad with sentences!

• Like Like x 2
  23. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

That's normally the case. I've tried hinting towards that in posts. Normally the people who use absolutely no punctuation, always ranting, and think they know everything are problems. Shows lack of education and mental capacity.

• Like Like x 2
  24. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I knew he was going to be a problem within his first few posts on TSO, honestly. We just weren't really in a place to exclude people early on. However, going forward, we will be strict about who joins.

This should go without saying as nobody is allowed to sign players without going through waivers, but NOBODY is allowed to sign players/make waiver claims until we figure this out. I've posed the question to all of the league commissioners so hopefully we will find some kind of resolution.

25. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Man I just can't believe he would go through all the trouble of joining the league and TSO just to mess things up. This is the best league so far that I have ever been a part of and I'm excited to see how the season turns out. Hope this doesn't ruin the league#what a loser!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.