Bama Coach Leaving/New Bama Coach Arriving

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

First, let me say a big thank you to 2Bits. He hung in there and waited for us to get a replacement, even though he had good reason to go immediately. He's a good guy and a good member. I hope our paths cross again.

We also have a new member joining, and that member will be rolling with the Tide. Say a welcome to justadude, who was a member of Easy's Shotgun Express, and is now a member of Sim-Nation.

dude (which is what I think I'll be calling you) - please let us know which playbooks you'll be running with, so the guys know what to expect at bowl time, and next season.

Thanks to 2Bits, and welcome to the dude,

AG

• Like Like x 1
  2. justadude

justadude Walk On

Hi, I will take this opportunity to introduce myself.

Archie is right about the movie reference regarding my alias. :) I am originally from Colorado Springs, but currently live in Germany.

I have looked over the roster and decided not to make any changes to the playbooks for Bowl week. Mr2Bits has done a great job this season and I hope to finish on a positive note.

In closing I would like to say I am happy to be joining Sim Nation.

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Welcome to the league dude

4. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Hey again Justadude...welcome to a great, well run dynasty with a cool group of dudes.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Welcome to the league.

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Nice...I'm a HUGE Lebowski fan. Dude, this is a great league. Enjoy playing in it.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Hate to see you go 2Bits. Hope things work out for ya. Good Luck.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah bits...I was looking forward to a rematch after this year's instant classic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Great game, bro.

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Dude, welcome. Look forward to seeing if you're any good. ;-)

12. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

13. justadude

justadude Walk On

Thanks for the welcome.
    I have the feeling this is going to be tough for me. I have played a few games against the CPU and although I won one and lead in another both were close and I have trailed in every game at some point. The CPU running is brutal.
    Being in the league less than a week, I realize it might just be me needing to improve my game and/or adjust to the sliders, but it is my impression that the CPU breaks too many tackles and falls forward too much. It also felt like the CPU was scoring quite a few cheesy TDs on me (5-6 broken tackle runs, and a few wide open floater long balls). Again, I may just need to work on my game.
    What I like about the sliders is the effect on the CPU defense. They promote standing in the pocket and making reads and throws of less than 10 yards. Running is tough, but I think I will adjust to it in time, without it becoming automatic.

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Welcome aboard, i find if you put your tackling to conservative it helps with the broken tackles

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This does help. So does playing a safety. I find that you need to get two guys to the ball, and the safety is often that second guy. It ain't easy, though. The CPU can flat out run the ball, and blitzing can be pretty dangerous if you don't get there. You'll get used to it.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I play with the LBs and find that squaring up and avoiding the hit stick work well for me.

17. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

It took me three or four games to adjust to the sliders. I lost my first game, won my second on a miracle last second play. The sliders are challenging, but I'm sure you'll get used to it.