Bama: Locked and Loaded for 2013

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sublime321, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Bama: Locked and Loaded for 2013

After an abysmal 2012 season that saw potential Heisman canidate, Trent Richardson, go down with a season ending injury, the Crimson Tide appear ready to fight their way back to the upper quarter of the SEC.

Last season's 5-7 record was no indication of the talent. Bama returns 10 starters on offense and 6 starters on what was a stellar defense for the last half of the season.

The offense will be led by SR QB AJ McCarron...atleast initially. If McCarron looks as if he may be struggling, look for RS SO Danny Quinn to take over. McCarron is a classic pro-style passer, while Quinn has been compared to former Texas QB Vince Young. Quinn is, without a doubt, a future star. He is a quick, yet powerful runner with a cannon. His accuracy has come into question from time to time.

SR Trent Richardson will anchor the running game as he looks to bounce back from a season ending injury. White and Rogers are extremely capable backups and could both get some serious looks if Richardson goes down again. Marrow is a physical blocker with good hands from the FB position.

The receiving corp may be a weak spot on Bama's offense. SR Kendall Kelly has all the makings of star, but the supporting cast of receivers are servicable, at best. After an embarrassing showing against LSU last season (19 dropped passes), the WR's need to show that they can actually catch a few passes.

The TE position is an above average group who focus mainly on moving the chains. SR Ewing and JR Riley are threats over the middle, but can also block a bit too.

Bama's O-Line should be a stout group led by RS SR DJ Fluker.

2. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Quinn is a MS boy who surfaced in post season recruiting. I couldn't get him to give the Rebs a visit. He'll get our best shots, if you know what I mean.

I'd be willing to say he's the best QB prospect i've seen in this OD. A little Vince, Tebow, and Locker all rolled into one.

3. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

With Quinn waiting in the wings, look for McCarron to be on a short leash.