Banned information

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Aug 12, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Banned information

Can we get a reason why Gibby was banned. It could be something we are all unaware of. Not to put someones bussiness out there, but we do it at my job, to highlight the rules, and give you an idea of what you could be doing wrong, and what happens when you do it.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Gibby did not follow the rules as outlined by TF in terms of sim-realistic gameplay.. The list of complaints against him from other users was long, but the most notable things Gibby was cheesing on were:

- Using designed Hail Mary passing plays to run his QB around the corner for big gains before the pocket was even pressured
    - Sprinting the QB on a rollout to the sidline on Passing Plays not designed as a rollout to create an open receiver
    - Dropping the QB back 15+ yards and then sprinting back to the line to throw a pass
    - Excessive use of Chew Clock
    - And denying everything listed here when confronting him about it -- (Video evidence of more than one of these accusations)

Let me know if you have any questions..

3. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

hmm.. no good.. have we found a replacement?

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Yes - einstein313 took over for Ohio State yesterday

5. T2

sweet. well im all for playing football like football is supposed to be played. not playing a video game and exploiting the game.. some peoples kids i tell ya..

6. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Wow, I played him and I thought he did a decent job, he did do that hail mary thing, but I figured it was something I'd just have to adjust to.

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Thanks i expected something to that extent.
    The truth is, while it is a fine line between mobile QBs and cheese play. Most guys, not all, but most guys that use teams with running qbs(Ohio st, Baylor, Va Tech, LSU) choose those teams to play like that( moving pocket, qb runs, border line cheese) to some extent. How far they push it and how much people complain is the key.
    I for one want them to run their offense. If i dont zone blitz, spy or do what ever to contain it then its my fault.

Good to know, i just have to get my video capture up and ready.

8. T2

- And denying everything listed here when confronting him about it -- (Video evidence of more than one of these accusations)

even with video.. he still lied.. plus its not very much fun when some fool just runs around all day with his qb. no where in college football does that happen. 11 guys on team. use 'em if was just a one man show then it would be a team sport. and yes there is a fine line but as long as your not running to the side line or something retarded like that to gain an unfair advangate its pointless.

9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

You are right.. There is a fine line between doing what a team would realistically do with a mobile QB, and what would be considered cheesing.. Which is why I let him continue for so long after hearing the first round of accusations.. Obviously it was a tough decision that I pondered for a while..

When your RB doesn't get the first touch of the game until 3:00 min left in the 4th quarter, thats not a very realistic game situation though.. And TP had 20+ running attempts at the point, and none were from an Option Run.. I can't say I have ever watched a tOSU game that came close to resembling that..

And if he had admitted those faults, I could have let him slide with a second warning.. But the fact that he had been warned once before, and then denied it all -- Made for a slightly easier decision in my book..

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Well that's some hard core cheese homie.

So that's how he was beating everyone so easy.....

That's my boy Hack....he doesnt play around.

11. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Hack has pretty much summed it all up. I would like to add that Hack and myself have had our eyes on gibby from the get-go. We had been told by a few people over at operationsports that gibby was a shady-cheesey player, but since we also both had heard people vouch for him we decided to give him a chance. It seemed inevitable that he would get the boot and the complaints from the people in the ps3 tourney here were the last straw for him.