Barcelona FC - Més que un club

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by hedache, Nov 3, 2011.

1. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

After a successive run in France with OL last season, summer news was reporting Football Director hedache was headed back home to his hometown to lead Galatasaray in the new season. With TFL structure changing, the deal fell apart. There are definitely some upset faces in Istanbul for sure but hedache is headed for a brand new adventure in the new season.​

"This kind of opportunity comes to you once in a lifetime. I was excited about returning back to Galatasaray and all but it is hard to turn down when a club like Barca wants you to come and take over everything. They have shown great confidence in me, even with my personal schedule limiting me with my work in the preseason they have stated that they believe in me and it will not be a problem. Ofcourse it helps that the squad is a settled squad that has been playing together. It's not rocket science to make these guys play football. I just need to keep it consistent."​

Missing a good chunk of preseason preparations, Barcelona FC is not yet connected fully with their new football director. Coach Pep Guardiola is happy that a successful director is coming to help, but he also is aware with hedache getting involved with starting line ups and formations at the clubs he has been a part of. "We should get along, I don't expect hedache to come and take over my job. I have no concerns."​

He may say he is not concerned, but we all remember what hedache did when he arrived in France. His first move was to replace Benitez (who was hired by Krebstar425 ). Many doubt that will be the case for pep.​

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

In the few preseason games and the opening game against Bayer Leverkusen led by JFace907 , former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas hasn't looked impressive. At least that's what it looked like. You could tell hedache was not impressed with his performance. His shots seemed weak at crucial point where he could have sealed games, he's looked slow moving with the ball. This all led to an unexpected decision by hedache to sit him out against BVB in Barcelona's second game of the season. Current Arsenal director Krebstar425 would give a lot to just have him back in his line up probably. What made the decision risky was him being replaced by a player that hasn't been in the line up at all.​

Full of unknowns, Afelaay didn't not do much on the left side where he was expected to bring some offensive power and support Abidal on defense. Dortmund right side easily dominated him. When Germans scored 3 goals in a 15 minute span between 60th and 75th, hedache was fed up with the effort missing. Best alternate on the bench was going back to the basics and putting Cesc back on the field.​

Not only Cesc, but the rest of the team also got a message from that move. Last 10 minutes was a whole different Barca on the field scoring 3 goals in a 7 minute span and even looking for the 3 point after coming back from a 3 goal deficit.​

"That is what I want to see on the field. I want every one of them to play like we're down 3-0 from minute 1. We can not ever stop and make our oppositions feel comfortable at any point in the game. We do not want to fall in a position like Merih did. It was heart breaking to watch a team like that play so well to take a 3 goal lead against a team like Barca and then blow it. I still congratulate him for the football they presented. He has come a long way from his Bayern Munich days." was hedache's comment. He did not mention anything about sitting out Cesc to be a mistake or if he would ever do it again.​

4. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Not only do Barca cheat, but they also steal. :eek:

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

If you're not stealing and cheating you're not trying. Why did you think they pucked me for the job?

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]
    If you are in trouble, Messi is the man to go to. Early in the season he was the man shouldering the work load, scoring the goals to get the wins for Barcelona. Those who were able to stop Messi were able to stop Barcelona from walking away with the 3 points. After a few games of high scoring by the little giant, it was apparent to all opponents that he was the priority target to be stopped.​
    Currently tied at top in the golden boot competition with 12 goals, Messi would rather be on top of the league table.​
    "We want the title. Golden boot has no priority for me at any point. I am here for the team first. We had a good start but slowed down. There are many reasons, but we are finally overcoming the problems that are resulting in the point losses."​
    It may be a little late for the title run at this point with PSG going unstoppable. Messi believes that the realistic target is the Champions League at this point. Catching PSG is not very likely while a good run in the second half of the season may very well put them in a position to lock a CL spot even before it comes down to the last couple games in the season.​

7. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

You can still win the TFL cup!