Barry James Sanders - Following the Path of a Legend!

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Sep 1, 2011.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I'm going to be doing a Road to Glory/Dynasty following the path of Barry James Sanders (The Barry Sanders son). I will start with Sanders in Road to Glory mode playing on Heisman throughout the Senior season/playoffs to figure out what his ratings and school would be. I will then transfer all of his ratings and school over to dynasty mode...

Now I'm also going to have a section of the dynasty dealing with a recruiting corner which is where I need your help TS. I'm looking for about 5 players to put in my recruiting corner each season. The recruiting corner will feature articles about each and every player and reports on which schools their interested in and which schools are interested in them.

Now the catch with the TS players is that I'm going to be making all players 3 star prospects. I really want to see if the players can grow and make a name for themself and hopefully be drafted into the NFL. This is going to be a longhaul dynasty and franchise so be sure to stay tuned. The more interest I see, the more articles I will post.

So if your interested in placing your player then please out the following information.

Name:
    City:
    State:
    High School:
    Top three attributes:
    Worst three attributes:
    Small Bio:

2011 - Senior Year (Heritage Hall High School)

1. vs Tahlequah Bulldogs
    2. vs. Nichols Hills Crocodiles
    3. at Pryor Creek Gators
    4. at Cushing Turtles
    5. vs Anadarko Conquerors
    6. at Warr Acres Admirals
    7. vs Sulphur Stallions
    8. at Elk City Cobras
    9. vs Fort Still Hawks

2. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

[​IMG]

"HE CAN OUTRUN an entire defense, turn broken plays into touchdowns, and once dodged six tacklers for a highlight-reel touchdown in the playoffs." Straight from scout.com, Barry Sanders Jr. name is already starting to spread like wildflies. Sanders is entering his Senior season at Heritage Halls School with the weight of the world already on his shoulders. Not only has Sanders torched defenses his past two seasons as a Charger, but led them to a State Championship last season as a Junior.

With all that Sanders has accomplished so far as just a young High School running back at age 17, there is one thing that Sanders will never be able to escape; his name! Son of Barry Sanders - the former Oklahoma State Heisman trophy winner, the NFL legend, and the most elusive back to ever play the game.

His balance, cuts, and breakaway speed may not be enough with the comparrisions of his dad drifting about. Will Sanders be able to make his own name or will he continually be compared to one of the greatest football players to ever walk the field?

"I've never seen anyone play the game like my son has, but Barry Jr. might be there" said William Sanders, Barry Jr's grandfather.

We are excited to announce a new feature that will be featured each and every week. We are going to follow Barry Jr through his Senior year, recruiting period and hopefully his college career.

3. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

[​IMG]

"A Preview of Sanders 2011 Season"

Heritage Hall is definitely looking forward to having Sanders back for his Senior season after rushing for over 1,700 yards last year and leading the Chargers to a 15-0 division 3 State Championship.

Sanders is entering his Senior year with some big schools already knocking down his door. Top schools such as Stanford, Oklahoma State, and Alabama are anxious to get to know more about the former NFL legends son.

If Sanders can have a repeat performance of his Junior season then he is sure to be able to play football pretty much anywhere he wants to. The only thing standing in the way of Sanders is his size. He now has three solid years of football on his body. Sanders is only 5'9, 180 pounds so the question of how much can he handle constantly arises?

The competition this year has already been said that it's far superior to last years schedule. Heritage Hall is really going to have to put all the pieces together if they want a repeat performance of last year.

Sanders is known for his great elusiveness, speed, and vision. He knows where the holes are and hits them hard. His size and durability are the two things standing in his way right now from signing a top notch scholarship. Some scouts also speculate that Sanders power will keep him from being a solid prospect in college.

Only time will tell of where Sanders will end up but we will be here every step of the way to see how it unfolds.

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

[​IMG]

"Sanders Sits Down with Gazette for Special Interview"

We were able to catch up with Sanders Jr following the teams final practice before their season opener against the Bulldogs of Tahlequah. It was our first opportunity to try and let the world see the man behind the legend.

OKC Gazette - "So how did camp go this year? Are the Chargers ready for another State Championship season?"

Barry Sanders - "It's been a tough camp this season. Coach knows the competition is more severe this season and he has worked us pretty hard. The team is looking good though. We've suffered a couple minor injuries this summer but the guys should be ready to go by tomorrow nights game."

OKC Gazette - "Are you anxious about the game tomorrow night? This is the first time Heritage Hall has ever faced Tahlequah. How does a team prepare for such a new opponent?"

Barry Sanders - "It hasn't been easy. Going up against a team that you have no track record of is always tough to do. Were still not sure where they stand on either side of the ball. Coach was able to gather a couple tapes of game film but none of it was really enough to get a full grasp."

OKC Gazette - "What's your expectations as far as yourself goes this year?"

Barry Sanders - "Honestly, I'm trying not to focus on my expectations this season. I just want to help my team out as much as I can. I have enough pressure riding on me this year so personal expectations will only increase that. I just wanna leave with another ring on my finger."

OKC Gazette - "That's pretty admiral coming from a player of your caliber."

Barry Sanders - "Well if it's one thing my father taught me, it's to always put the team first. If you put the team above everything else then good things are sure to come your way. It's worked so far, so I'm going to keep going with what I know."

OKC Gazette - "So the world knows of your father. What's it's like to follow in the footsteps of a man like your father? It must be tough trying to amount up to everything your father accomplished in his career."

Barry Sanders - "My father was a great athlete. I don't think anyone will ever be able to accomplish what he did, not even me. I'm a very lucky guy to have him behind me and mentoring me. I'm just hoping to pave my own path."

OKC Gazette - "Pave your own path? We have heard schools like Stanford, Alabama, and Oklahoma State have been in communication with you. Any interest in attending your pops alumni or will you set sail somewhere else?

Barry Sanders - "I havn't really thought to much into where I want to attend yet. I'm just trying to get off to a good start in the season first. Can't really say where my top interest lies."

OKC Gazette - "It was nice speaking with you Barry. Thanks for taking the time to sit down with us. We wish you and your Chargers a very successful season.

Barry Sanders - "Thanks for having me. We will be seeing you guys soon."

5. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

[​IMG]

"Sanders Checks in for Chargers Season Debut"
    High School - Senior Year: Week 1

As soon as the music hit, the Chargers stormed onto the field led by Senior runningback Barry Sanders. Sanders gathered with the team at midfield and they performed their pre-game ritual of saying a team prayer before the captains lined up for the coin toss.

The Chargers loss the toss and were forced to the receive the ball. Neither team could get things going on offense for most of the early half of the game. Even Sanders was being held to 3/4 yard rushes.

Late in the second quarter Sanders was finally able to pound the ball in for an 8 yard touchdown rush to send his team to halftime with a 7-0 lead.

Sanders started to come alive in the second half as he started to string together a few nice runs but unfortunately he was not able to reach the endzone again for the rest of the game.

Sanders and his Chargers were able to come away with a 13-0 victory as the defense was flawless. Sanders scraped up 117 yards, and 1 touchdown on 27 carries. It wasn't a bad season debut but all in all it was an average day for the young Barry Sanders as he really didn't electrify the crowd any.

The Chargers will host the Nichols Hills Crocodiles next week and will really need Sanders to put the ball in the endzone...

6. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Good Job IXI, I'll be following.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Good job with this, following.

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

9. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

needs some updates man - its been like a week

11. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I know man. Lol. Work has been crazy since I returned from my vacation in which I went out of town so havn't had much play time. Should have an update tomorrow night though.

12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'm a Sooner fan and Ryan Broyles replacement Sterling Shepard plays with Barry Sanders, Jr. That team is crazy talented for being a small, private school.

13. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea. Definitely some boosters doing recruiting at that school.