Base Stealing Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by G_T_G, Feb 21, 2011.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

To Steal or Not To Steal? That is the Question.
    [​IMG]

So we have gone over, a little bit, pitching guidelines for throwing balls and strikes.

I think one of the next topics to go over and discuss as a league is stolen bases. In my experience, some people I have played online before have went kind of overboard with the base stealing to the point of it being un-sim.

Will there be a rule for the amount of stolen bases in an inning.. or maybe even in a game?

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hard limit, not likely. But my honest thinking here is that if you are abusing it past a certain number every game, then we may be inclined to tell you to ramp it down.

Here is the thing, if you don't have the players to steal you will likely be thrown out. So I will say this, don't steal with Bengie Molina or Jorge Posada. PLAY REALISTIC. It's almost like bunting with Manny Ramirez. It doesn't happen....

I will say this, I am very much against any glitching or cheap play to get an unfair advantage. If you are one to try and get the quick jump/early steal, only to realize the pitcher hasn't committed to the plate so you try to get back, we will come down hard on you. If you commit to an early steal, you better not turn back around. I have come across cheesers that did that repeatedly until they get the perfect jump and the pitcher committed at the right time. This is The Show's version of cheese, along with a few other glitches that I will point out later.

Honestly, I really can't say there will be a definite number because thats not fair to the owners to use at their discretion. I will just say this for now, be realstic. I don't want to see you stealing an astronomical amount per game, and I don't want to see a zillion bunts, especially with cleanup hitters.

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah I agree as long as its realistic. Yeah this this is kind of like the pitching I think the people who really take advantage of it will stick out and we will be able to pinpoint them.

You know anymore than like 3 or 4 per game seems kind of excessive to me but as long as they are realistic I think it really depends on the game and the situation.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

You won't see me stealing too many bases with the Phillies, I've never been one to steal bases in this game anyway

5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    cubs are slow as hell so I won't be a threat even if I wanted to be.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

As much as I think the game and the situation will dictate how much you can steal, I think the team and their runners have just as much of a weight in how often you can. Teams like the Angels were always notorious for stealing alot because they had the speed to do so. I'm not saying the Angels are still this way, but if you have the squad to steal, I really have no problem with it so long as it's realistic.

However, if you are winning big, you better not be stealing. I also want to see sportsmanship.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah, it really depends on how easy it is to steal bases this release.