Baseline 2K13 Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Tradition Basketball' started by Bondzai, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

For 2K13, the Baseline will be a lot more structured. It will be less of a democracy an have a defined leadership team. Last year the league was run very loosely and was still solid, so I expect this time around to be even better.

There are a few quick items I'd like to point out for those thinking about applying for the league.

· This is a Premier League. If you apply before becoming premier, you will not be considered.

· As of right now, we will run with 16 users (8 east/8west). If the game advances the same way it did in '12 then that is the max we will have. If the advance schedule is more managable then I will look at increasing that number.

· The leadership team will consist of myself and 2 conference commissioners. I will choose the commissioners when I choose the league roster.

· The assigning of teams will be solely my decision, but I will do my best to get everyone a team that they want to run with.

· Content will be required. The NBA is full of storylines and it should not be hard to come up with some good ideas for content. Game Summaries are absolutely REQUIRED.

· Lastly, but MOST importantly. If you cannot take a loss like a man then don’t bother applying. Bitching and moaning and overall douchebaggery will NOT be tolerated. While I will be fair, I will not hesitate to boot you.

Application Process:

Please answer the following questions in this thread. If you cannot for a coherent application you will not be considered.

1. Availablilty – What time of day/week are you usually online playing? What time zone are you in?
    2. List your top 3 teams that you would like to be.
    3. What other leagues are you or will you be involved in?
    4. What is your favorite real life team and why?
    5. Why should I pick you for The Baseline?

I cannot stress this enough. Please read this entire post before applying. Don't leave shit out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

1.Availablilty – What time of day/week are you usually online playing? What time zone are you in?

PST Time zone, available every weekday after about 4 PST and on most times during the weekend.

2.List your top 3 teams that you would like to be.

Lakers, Bucks, Nets

3.What other leagues are you or will you be involved in?

PFP (NCAA) , GMFL(Madden)

4.What is your favorite real life team and why?

Lakers , started out as a Kobe Bryant fan but through the years ive grown to love the team more and more.

5.Why should I pick you for The Baseline?

I feel like I was pretty solid and very active last edition, despite the poor ending. Content isnt a problem for me either as i love to write and draw out the storylines.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

1.Availability – What time of day/week are you usually online playing? What time zone are you in? Usually nights, 7 days a week unless otherwise notified. Central Time Zone

1) Cavs - grew up a fan

2) Hornets - Looks like this team will be a lot of fun this year

3) Mavericks - I live in Dallas and actually enjoy watching the Mavs

- Pushing for Paydirt (ncaa)
    - The Longest Yard (Madden)

Cleveland Cavaliers...because i love pain, anguish, and suffering. Grew up watching Mark Price, Larry Nance, and Craig Ehlo get their hearts ripped out year in and year out by Michael Jordan...and I liked it...

I am a sim player in all my games, and enjoy the camaraderie of TSO more than anything. Winning and losing are not as important as getting along with the group of guys in the league and having a fun experience. Baseline '12 was by far my favorite league that i have been in on this site. I will contribute with content as much as possible and will help in any other aspect.

Thanks, and I hope to be considered for the 2k13 cycle!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

1. Availablilty – What time of day/week are you usually online playing? What time zone are you in?
    Anytime after 2pm CENTRAL TIME

Thunder, bulls, Knicks

Pushing for paydirt and hard knocks

I grew up a bulls fan as a kid. MJ was like a hero to me. Although the thunder have grown on me since they are closer to me. They are about even now

I think anyone from pushing for paydirt would vouch for me here...since im new to the xbox side. Guys like Mike E Bucs JFace907 I Peench

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

1.Availablilty – What time of day/week are you usually online playing? What time zone are you in?
    I'm usually on every day after like 5 or 6.
    Denver Nuggets, Brooklyn Nets, then no preference after
    PFP(NCAA) 1st and Ten, NML(NCAA) TLY(Madden)
    My Favorite team in real life is the Nuggets. Chauncey Billups is my favorite player so when he got traded to the Nuggets, they were my favorite team. Once he got traded to the Knicks, I didn't like the Knicks and didn't plan on liking them, so I just stuck with the Nuggets.
    I'm very Active on the forums and and always on top of my games when it comes to leagues. I've actually been in a sim league before for 2k and I loved it. I hated playing ranked and people would just be basket hanging or holding RT running all over the place or just scoring with one person. I love running plays to set up the shot.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. sonn

sonn Walk On

1. Eastern. I can play pretty every night after 8. On the weekends I can play anytime.

2. Lakers, Nuggets, Raptors.

3. The Redshirts and The Dugout

4. Lakers are my favourite team. As younster it was to piss off my mom who hated them and I've grown to love them more as I've gotten older.

5. I'm an active guy on the boards and the Skype Chat. I can take a loss without raging.

• Like Like x 1
  7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Im available anytime after 630pm CST M-F and mostly anytime on the weekends.

Hornets, Nets, Kings

TMFL, Zeroes to Heroes

Lakers, because growing up I was a huge Shaq fan from his days at LSU and when he signed to LA I also made the transition to Hollywood. But that only lasted until I saw Kobe win the dunk contest and he has been my favorite player ever since and I love the way he plays the game with no apologies and his **** you attitude.

Because I am a easy going guy and play for the love of the game. I always respect my opponents and treat people the way I want to be treated. I also pride myself to being on time and hold myself to higher standard than anyone else can.

8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I am in the central time zone. I'm a teacher, so my availability is anytime during the weekends and from 3:30pm cst to about 9:30pm cst during the week.
    #1 NY Knicks #2 Brooklyn Nets #3 OKC
    I am in the Orange Crush OD, GMFL and TLY in Madden, and I have applied for THL
    The NY Knicks. I'm NY to the heart. I've been a Knicks fans since Bernard King used to get it in. I try and convince my wife once a week to move to NY, but unfortunately she isn't having it:(
    I'm a dedicated, sim guy who is active on the site and with my content. I am confident any of the commish's from the leagues I'm in would give me a good reference. I'm willing to help out in any way to help the league. I get along with pretty much everybody, and don't take the game to serious.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  9. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Someone might want to help Ghost get basic cable, so he can watch ESPN. The NJ Nets moved to Brooklyn:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

:D, totally forgot lol

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'm in the Alaskan time zone (-4 EST). Usually online Su-We after 930pm eastern and all day Th-Sa

Cavs, Hornets, Kings

PFP (NCAA), TMFL (Madden), TFL (FIFA)

The Cleveland Cavaliers. I'm a fan of all things Cleveland and really fell in love with these guys when they brought Kemp over. Terrell Brandon and Tyrone Hill are still two of my favorite Cavs (wasn't quite old enough to full understand the Mark Price era). Then of course everything came into full bloom once they drafted LeBron James and made their runs that would fall short. I have stuck with my Cavs and will continue to do so no matter how dim the light at the end of the tunnel is (if its even there).

I love basketball. I love 2K. I'm also very much a content driven guy who loves to make up storylines and give the people something entertaining. I also feel i was a very solid member last year as it really became my primary online league on this site and i could easily see it doing that again in 13.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

West Coast- sun-tue anytime...wed-sat 12pm est-10am est

1.Blazers 2.Twolves 3.GSW

Deuce, GMFL

Blazers. I was originally a bulls fan during the jordan years, but after the 2nd retirement i decided to go with the hometown team. Alot of fun years with the jail blazers, but they became to much trouble and we had a few bad years cleaning up. Then we big dreams with roy. LA and oden, but the dream turned to nightmare fast.

because where is the fun when there is no bbj rants? We had fun last season even with all the hiccups. Hopefully they get rid of all the bugs and we cant get through more than 2 seasons at a time..

• Like Like x 1
  13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

1. Normally after 8pm est Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday anytime after 8 til the wee hours.

2. Sixers, Nets, Spurs

3. Commissioner of the redshirts, co commissioner of the dugout, TMFL

4. Sixers. Im a PA sports team homer and root for all my home state teams. I've always followed them and would like nothing more than to bring the trophy back home.

5. Im dedicated, get a long with most of the guys from last year, also was in '12. Im very easy going and really only bitch about legitimate douchebaggery. As the old man in the bunch, i bring the maturity required to bring sonn and ryalaman in check. I also play straight up running an actual offense, and take all my losses like a man.

• Like Like x 3
  14. sonn

sonn Walk On

Impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

EST and I'm usually pretty flexible with getting my games in.

Wizards, Hornets, Nuggets

Redshirts, FIFA, co-commish of Dugout

Wiz. Mostly because I hate myself. And because I'm a fan of all local sports in general.

I thought I was a good member last year who was active on the forums and on skype. Despite the fact that Ernie gave me a roster that can't play my style and with no cap space (seriously, think about us 2k players next time), you can count on me to be there for the full cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

EST. Available nightly after about 7pm EST

Knicks, Clips, Nets, Minn

None

Knicks. Partly bc of my obsession with the city itself and partly bc of my unhealthy John Starks obsession (pause).

I'm an uber hoophead and a forum reg. Love the NBA and have a nice solid knowledge base re: The Association. Played every game under the sun over the years but the 2K OA ran away with my gaming interests. Creator of infamous (and accurate) BBKKK moniker.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Timpegoose

Your ass better be posting in this

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm still up in the air... I'll likely end up getting talked into it though. Did we ever figure out if they added auto-pilot for this year's version? That would make my decision an easy yes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Usually available most nights after 6. EST

Charlotte Bobcats, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers

The Redshirts (NCAA) and I have inquired to join TMFL.

The Charlotte Bobcats are my favorite team mostly because I live in Concord,NC which is about 20 minutes from Charlotte. I was also a big Hornets fan but after they left I really didn't have a team to pull for so it was really awesome when we got the Bobcats and I can say that my owner has 6 Rings and can dunk on your owner lol.

I was in '12 and I contributed rather well on the content side with Game Recaps/Rookie of the year Candidates and also in the skype chat.

20. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Anytime after about 7 my time on weekdays, weekends are pretty free, unless the Huskers are on. Central Time Zone

Minnesota, Hornets, Rockets

Alumni Nation, a non premier NCAA dynasty

The Lakers, basically because I'm a huge Kobe fan. A lot of my friends are also Laker fans, so it is easy to just join them, and talk basketball with them. I live in Nebraska, so there isn't a "home team".

I love NBA, and 2k is by far my favorite sports game. This league is the reason I am not in a premier dynasty for NCAA, because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up the pace of playing that chore of a game once this beauty came out. I was in '12 through every restart but the last one, and had a lot of fun with you guys. If we can get this thing going through many seasons, it can and will be one of the best leagues on the site.

• Like Like x 3
  21. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Application Process:

Please answer the following questions in this thread. If you cannot for a coherent application you will not be considered.

Sometimes available upon request other times have to keep the other priorities in line first and then gaming will come. Open after 5:30 Central, 8 CT or later is probably better.

LA Clippers, Miami Heat, Memphis Grizzlies​

NCAA: Second to None
    Madden: Hard Knocks

Been through different times:
    I was a huge AI and Sixers fan while growing up
    Then it turned into Golden State with Baron Davis, watched the take down of the Mavs in the playoffs then through Monta Ellis (now with the Bucks).
    LA Clippers: They have always had a spot, loveable losers and the next team that Baron Davis went to, along with Al Thornton (FSU) being drafted in 07-08 then DeAndre Jordan in 08-09.
    Then of course I am a LeBron fan

I am a good league member and will bring content to the league along with wanting to give an NBA game a try.

22. PAgamer07

This does not surprise me!!​

• Like Like x 1
  23. KnightNoles

Explain

24. PAgamer07

Your team choices are all over the map.

25. KnightNoles

Come to Kentucky and pick a team lol.. I wouldn't say I jump out there and pick the front runner teams though and I basically picked some teams to follow mostly underdogs at the time/currently. I enjoy the NBA but I don't really have a diehard team to go root for.