Baseline 2k13 - Season 1 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Baseline 2k13 – Season 1 Power Rankings v 1.0

I’m going to do this countdown style, from the bottom up. User teams only.

Not ranked: Los Angeles Lakers recchem2000 and Denver Nuggets Ghost.

18. Phoenix Suns RyanC (1-7, point differential of -12.1) – Not much to say here, Ryan seemingly despises everyone on his roster not named Beasley and is in the process of burning the house down to the foundations so he can rebuild. On the upside, he got his first W today vs Utah, so he is currently on a winning streak.
    17. Orlando Magic Bondzai (3-3, point differential of -2.5) – Sorry, Bond is my boy, but that roster is a grease fire. I just can’t see him pulling out many wins from that group this season. On the upside, there actually looks like there may be a couple of franchise guys in the draft.
    16. Charlotte Bobcats ZCar352 (2-3, point differential of -4.4) – Zac will be getting this turned around, as he is getting one of the top 5 offensive big men (Nene) from Washington for virtually nothing. Pencil it in, Charlotte will be a top 6 team in the East by seasons end.
    15. Indiana Pacers sonn (4-6, point differential of 1.7) – I’ve got to think Sonjay gets this turned around soon, but I think the differences in 2k13 have thrown him for a bit of a loop. Uber-wing Paul George is struggling this year, leading to talk that he may be on the outs in Indy.
    14. Memphis Grizzlies TEClemson53 (4-3, point differential of 2.6) – One of many teams complaining that they can’t rebound, so of course the solution is to trade your frontcourt! Having not played Trey yet, it’s difficult to determine where he will shake out in the ending standings.
    13. Washington Wizards ryalaman (4-3, point differential of -3.6) – Ryal won with a similar Wizards team in 2k12, so I have to assume he is going to get this turned around, but he has been complaining that he can’t get John Wall going in transition like last year.
    12. Houston Rockets Mike E (3-2, point differential of 4.2) – He has some early wins, but he has one of the worst 5 rosters among user teams, with a lot of youth and no real stars. Can Linsanity resurge in the Lone Star State?
    11. LA Clippers KnightNoles (3-5, point differential of -0.3) – Nick has probably had the toughest early schedule, with games against GS, Chicago, NY and NJ. He will end up higher than this, his ability on the sticks and the talent of the roster will guarantee that.
    10. Philadelphia 76ers PAgamer07 (4-2, point differential of 2.3) – PA is getting used to a very different type of team than he had in last years game, and with the best center in the East, if Bynum stays healthy no one will want to play him come the postseason.
    9. Cleveland Cavaliers JFace907 (5-2, point differential of 2.6) – The Kyrie show is in full effect, with the youngster pulling out wins early with huge 4th quarter performances. If Irving had more help Justin would be higher, but he will make everyone earn any win against him, as he never beats himself.
    8. Oklahoma City Thunder Papa Perry (5-1, point differential of 10.7) – The Perry factor at NBA games is offset by him having Durant. He’ll be a tough opponent as long as the 7 footer with unlimited range is on the court.
    7. Portland Trail Blazers bringbackjimmy (5-2, point differential of 12.1) – BBJ would be higher due to his adept free agent signings…..but nah, fuck him and his signing of T-Wizzle. I hope someone blows the Rose Garden up.
    6. New Orleans Hornets JrRawlins (2-2, point differential of 1.7) – The first of my picks based solely on user ability. JR is really good and has a guy he is really good with in Austin Rivers, who is currently in the top 5 in scoring. If he figures out how to use Eric Gordon effectively, watch out Western Conference.
    5. Golden St Warriors capp34 (4-1, point differential of 9.0) – I haven’t played him yet, but have heard good things. He has a trio of shooters in Curry/Thompson/Barnes and that always is dangerous in 2k.
    4. Chicago Bulls Dru50 (6-1, point differential of 21.0) – I can’t put myself higher than the guys above this spot, because I know they are way better at the game than I am. The Bulls are playing solid defense, that and Rose/Booz has been enough so far.
    3. Brooklyn Nets @djillmatic23 (6-1, point differential of 12.6) – DJ has a few solid early wins, but until I see more of him against the top guys from Baseline 2k12, I’m not yet a believer.
    2. Atlanta Hawks Bucs (6-1, point differential of 5.0) – Bucs is too good to not win with this team. If he can lock up J-Smoove long term he will contend for the duration.
    1. New York Knicks Blaza (4-1, point differential of 11.8) – The Knicks roster is over-rated in my opinion, and Carl is probably the best guy I’ve played in 2k. This is my pick for season 1 champ.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

My eyes hurt Dru50

And I would be last I would guess. Kobe is the only thing saving my ass right now!

3. Dru50

Jeez - give me a second to fix the formatting.:D

I did this in word and the import into the forum did not go smoothly.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im bored at work, what can I say

5. Dru50

Same here.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Good work Dru50

up the font size to 4 and quit giving me stick skill praise lol

7. Dru50

You will always be the original stick skill guru to me.

Or the guy who is "too sim for T1".;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Pretty sure Ill end up at 18th when this season is over.

9. Dru50

Nah - I think Papa Perry will beat you there....:D

10. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

nice write up Dru... not sure how i am 6th though........

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

nice write up...

no special thanks;)

12. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Nice Work!

13. Dru50

Because you are scoring nearly 35 a game with a rookie that is 67 OVR?

14. Dru50

Baseline Season 1 Power Rankings v2.0

Similar to the first power rankings, we are doing this in reverse order…

20. Charlotte Bobcats ZCar352 (4-10, -7.6 point diff) – Zack has dropped off the planet, rumors about that a woman has snatched his penis and won’t give it back. Personally, I think he is pulling a Keller and tanking season 1 to get a top draft pick to play next to Kemba and MKG.

19. Orlando Magic Bondzai (7-14, -4.8 point diff) – I think Bond should be commended for having 7 wins with this roster.

18. Washington Wizards ryalaman (7-13, -5.6 point diff) – There is talent on the roster, but it the Wiz continue to be a one man show. Trouble for Ryal is that the ‘one man’ this year isn’t John Wall. Bradley Beal looks to be one of your front-runners for Rookie of the Year.

17. Los Angeles Lakers recchem2000 (21-13, 5.2 point diff) – This is based on Recchem beating the Magic recently and losing to the next team on our list recently. Amazingly, the Lakers have played 10-15 more games than any other user team in the league.

16. Memphis Grizzlies TEClemson53 (10-12, -4.3 point diff) – Trey is hard to figure out. He beats a really talented Laker squad tough, but then sounds like the sky is falling when he is getting shelled by the Knicks and Nets. I think he will figure it out once he gets a feel for how to use those post players.

15. Phoenix Suns RyanC (10-12, -3.1 point diff) – Things are looking up in Phoenix since the recent trade to bring 2k wunderkind Demarr Derozan to town. I still don’t think this roster has enough talent to get to the playoffs, but we will see.

14. Houston Rockets Mike E (10-13, 0.5 point diff) – It’s tough to gauge the Rockets, as Mike has missed a number of games for completely valid reasons. He is a good player and this roster has pieces to work with, so I think he will definitely get into the top 8 in the west ultimately.

13. Indiana Pacers sonn (9-9, 4.1 point diff) – Sonjay is crawling back into playoff contention in the East, and it will be interesting to see if he can swing a trade for oft-maligned C Roy Hibbert, who Sonjay always has good things to say about.

12. Denver Nuggets Ghost (12-9, 2.0 point diff) – Ghost is getting a bit of the benefit of the doubt here, as it only took him 3 weeks to pull together the scratch to actually buy the game.

11. Oklahoma City Thunder Papa Perry (9-6, 2.2 point diff) – Another guy who’s been MIA from our Skype chat, so I don’t have a sense for how many games he’s played against users and how they have gone. So there ya go.

10. Los Angeles Clippers KnightNoles (10-7, 1.5 point diff) – Nick is figuring this game out I think and he is going to be dangerous come playoff time. This Clipper roster is possibly the most dangerous in 2k aside from the Knicks.

9. Portland Trail Blazers bringbackjimmy (13-6, 10.4 point diff) – BBJ is putting up big numbers shooting the 3 with this team again, and that will always make them dangerous in a matchup. I still think he is on dominant perimeter player away from really being a contender for a title.

8. Cleveland Cavaliers JFace907 (12-9, 1.1 point diff) – Justin is getting the nod here over the prior 4 teams with similar records because of two things: He has Kyrie at PG and he has the most impressive win of the bunch (a dominating win over the Brooklyn Nets).

7. Philadelphia 76ers PAgamer07 (15-6, 3.0 point diff) – Jesse is sitting solidly in the East playoff picture, but unfortunately he is in a division with 3 teams above him on this list. Tough sledding for the 76ers, but you never know what may happen in the playoffs.

6. New Orleans Hornets JrRawlins (11-6, 5.6 point diff) – By far, the performance of the Hornets is the most impressive feat in the league thus far. Playing with probably the youngest roster, JR is working magic with young Austin Rivers, who is looking like the ROY to me.

5. Atlanta Hawks Bucs (14-4, 6.2 point diff) – Matt is always going to be solid in 2k, and he is starting to figure out the roster. A question remains over whether Al Horford is part of the Hawks long term plans, as rumbling out of the ATL is that the team is not enamored with his contributions this season.

4. Golden St Warriors capp34 (13-3, 9.2 point diff) – Capp is quietly plugging along and is doing impressive things with the squad from the Bay Area. Now if we could get him into the skype chat…..

3. Brooklyn Nets dj illmatic 23 (16-4, 11.0 point diff) – DJ has a lot of blowout wins so far, but his last user game that I can recall went the other way, as the Cleveland Cavs handed the favored Nets a convincing loss.

2. Chicago Bulls Dru50 (19-3, 14.8 point diff) – We are playing really solid defense, and the addition of SG Courtney Lee has really helped there. The trouble could be can the Bulls win a title with what is really a one man scoring show? So far it’s been working.

1. New York Knicks Blaza (16-2, 14.1 point diff) – Until Carl starts losing some games and proves otherwise, he is my #1 seed and favorite for the title this season.

• Like Like x 8
  15. PAgamer07

Great work on this Dru. No way do we finish the season this high. We have a ton of user games left to play and the ones we have won could have gone either way. We've been lucky to this point.

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

It'd be sweet if Zac kept losing this year... I got his #1 pick as part of the Nene deal. It looks like the Wiz will probably have 2 good picks in this years draft so (hopefully) next years team is able to make the playoffs.

But yeah, great job on the Dru. Blaza is the favorite until he finally loses, but your Bulls looked great when I played them, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Hornets find their way into the finals this year.

17. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

DeRozan has really opened up my offense. Dragic has been insane now that defenses have a SG to worry about

18. PAgamer07

The Bulls were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I am just gonna say what I know everyone is thinking. The ECF will be far more intriguing than any Finals matchup.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Nice work Druseph.

22. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

We will see about all that!