Baseline Insider (S1)

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Bucs, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

This is the spot to talk about your squad, whether it be roster moves, praise or general bitching. Have at it.

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

After 3 CPU games, I like the direction that the Rockets are heading. Lin is a blast to use, Kevin Martin is a sniper and Chandler Parsons has been a big surprise for me.

I would LOVE to have a more offensive minded 4 or 5, but with this squad, a .500 or better record is not out of the question. Which will put me in 7-8th in the West....or just out. So my drafts will always suck.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Kyrie Irving is the known story of the Cavaliers, but as of late the unsung hero has been the play of the power forward position. Both Tristan Thompson and FA acquisition Jon Leuer have played very well and getting more assertive in the offense. Leuer has been known to have good range on his jumper, but out of nowhere Tristan Thompson has developed a nice J from 15-20 feet. This should make things very interesting for Tristan as he can also drive when needed. Opposing 4's may be in for a bit of a challenge when facing this duo of forwards.

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

The Wizards have generally played good ball this year, but it looks like they may be deciding to start over again. The roster as constructed was only good enough to get a 6/7 seed and then bow out early, so the Wizards decided to move Nene to Charlotte in exchange for cap relief and a 1st round pick. It certainly hurts the team for this season, but there is some confidence in an Okafor/Seraphin pairing at the 4 and 5 with how those 2 have played this year. Depth may be an issue, so expect the Wiz to be in the market for a reserve big in the near future.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

In a loss to the Bobcats, Cavs coach Byron Scott was quoted as saying "We have to knock down open shots. There is no excuse for missing every 3 point shot we take."

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

If you follow the skype chat...... Memphis cannot rebound for SHIT

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Over under on how long it takes for me to run the the Lake Show into the ground? Have played 2 cpu games, both very similar. Down double digits at home in the 4th quarter only to comeback and win. The first game against the Bucks, Kobe hits the buzzer beater. The 2nd game against the Kings, the Lakers win in OT by 2. Could be a long season. However, I LOVE THIS GAME! Most fun i've had playing the freakin' CPU in any game in a long time!!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    NEWS

Los Angeles, CA-- We are eight games into the 2012-2013 season and things have not gone well for Coach Knight. Still new to the NBA, Knight is still learning on the fly and it has showed over the course of a few games that could have been wins but slowly turned into Ls. The Clippers need to get a win in their ninth game and turn it into some good momentum going forward.

"We gotta get Blake the ball more along with getting stops so we don't have to continuously comeback from a deficit. We also probably force too many threes that gives our opponents that ability to stretch their leads often."

"Our offense has been pretty good in running some plays and using the shot clock but we may need to open it up a little more and just let CP, Bledsoe, Billups create for Blake, Crawford and others."

Reading through the lines, I think Coach might decide to run a little bit more pick and roll (dunk) with some post play to kick outs. Willing to bet that you will see the defense playing tighter and up on the shooters also. Looks like some change is going to start to come with a two game losing streak.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

New GM Dru has been impressed with the Bulls play on the court thus far, especially on the defensive end. "When we don't start trying to be who we aren't, and stick to playing halfcourt and getting the ball inside, we can be pretty good." The great play of Rose is expected, but quietly Carlos Boozer is having a all-star like season, averaging nearly 20 points per game and close to 10 rebounds. The free agent addition of the "Brazilian Blur" Leandro Barbosa, has really paid dividends early, as his speed and ability to attack the rim has allowed coach Thibs to move Rose off the ball more.

The team isn't thrilled with the amount of offensive boards being given up on most nights, but it hasn't cost us a game so far, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it will improve.

10. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

After starting out 0-3 the Bobcats have rebounded with back to back wins and just recently announced that they have made a trade with Washington for center Nene and SF Chris Singleton while the Bobcats send out Desanga Diop, Ramon Sessions, and a 2013 1st round pick. We will have to wait and see if the trade works out for Charlotte.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

JFace907 Remember Dru50 bitching and moaning last night about your team kicking his ass on the boards? Well, he turned around the next game and dominated my Lakers on the glass. I guess his "pep talk" worked!

12. Dru50

No joke - my top 4 bigs didn't get 10 TOTAL rebounds against Cleveland.....then Noah and Boozer both get 10+ rebounds against the bigger and more talented Laker frontcourt. Go figure.

13. ZCar352

With the departure of Ramon Sessions the Bobcats have extended an offer to Eric Maynor to be there back up PG and he has gladly accepted.

14. Dru50

Have you played a game with Nene yet?

15. ZCar352

Not yet the trade doesn't go through until 7:30 EST

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You'll like him. I really enjoyed playing with him, I just didn't see a way that he'd ever be a part of a contending team in DC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Coach Larry Drew on Atlanta's 8-1 Start:

We're really playing good ball right now, everybody is buying in and our new GM has done a good job of adding some guys in key spots. I have 15 guys who I can trust on the floor and that really helps us stay fresh for every game and we can give the ball to whomever is hot that night. Josh Smith has really stepped up and lead by example, which honestly I couldn't say about him last year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Madison Square Garden: New York, NY

The Knicks have a new staff and a new style of play this season with Veteran Skipper Mike Woodson at the helm. New York was highly successful in last year's Baseline, but management decided to go with the more defensive Woodson as the new head coach.

In terms of style of play, the Knicks will really look to get stops on the defensive end and Tyson Chandler leads that initiative. Rangy wings Ronnie Brewer and Iman Shumpert will lock up against the oppositions top perimeter players, and the Knicks are extremely happy with the play of Marcus Camby off the bench. Though he is no spring chicken, Camby has brought a ton of energy to the 2nd unit.

Offensively, the Knicks will still push the tempo in spots, but they spent a ton of time this offseason tweaking their half-court sets. Although this will lead to a bit more iso-ball, the Knicks have made it clear that the overall style of play will remain the European style of moving the basketball that saw them lead the OA in team assists several times last season. JR Smith has come out scorching, burning second units around the league and the staff has still not made a permanent decision on the starter at PG. Felton has been great so far, but the staff really likes what veteran Jason Kidd brings to the table--especially late in games with his excellent decision making.

19. Dru50

I need to hit the practice court and figure out how to f'ing box out on the defensive glass.

• Like Like x 1
  20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

LT when the shot is in the air. At least thats what the little tip that came up last night said.

21. Dru50

Yeah, that's not working so well for me. I need practice apparently....or I just need to play the Lakers more often.:p

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Funny guy :mad:

23. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

They've made boxing out a lot more difficult this year. I suck at it too. They just run around my big man and grab the rebound anyway.