Baseline Insider

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Bucs, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I'm thinking we can use this spot to put on our Coach/GM hats and talk about how our teams are doing, trades we've made etc etc. Anything in this spot will be assumed to be your coach or GM talking.

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Russell Westbrook played his first healthy game last night against Denver. The old Russ was back, scoring 16 of the first 20 OKC points en route to a 35 point performance. We are a TOTALLY different animal when Westbrook is playing well.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I hate how streaky my team is. We started off on a 5 game losing streak, then won like 8 straight, now have lost 3 straight...wtf...

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm really enjoying the trade I made with sonn so far. Hibbert has been very good offensively, and Hill continues to get more playing time in each game. He's starting to see some time at the 2 since he's been playing so well.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

my trade for Honeycutt and Thompson has worked out quite well so far.... Honeycutt is exactly what we hoped for if not more.... and Thompson has provided some more toughness and size for us down low.....

if i could only get use to Amir Johnson or somehow deal him.....

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I am very pleased after my first game with the new look roster. Our plan was to take on long term salary but get guys who could contribute right now and help out Ellis/Curry, and it seems to have worked.

The trade with Dallas gave me a big that can rebound (he had 11 boards against Dwight in about 20 minutes), and two guys rated in the mid-70's (Odom and Beaubois) to come off the bench. Plus, when Odom's in he can facilitate from the 4 position, which is a nice change up.

The trade with Charlotte is really looking good, as Tyrus Thomas came in and provided exactly what we were missing - a guy who can protect the rim (5 blocks) and can finish above it. Maggette will work out nicely I think once I figure out how to get the hitch in his shot right, he had 15 points on 4-15 from the field, and most of the misses were due to me mis-timing a wide open jumper.

I hope the trades work out as well for SuperBowlNachos and ZCar352 as they seem to be for the Warriors.

7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

General Manager PA Gamer had this to say after The Baseline's Trade Committee rejected their trade for Andrew Bogut," Although we are extremely disappointed in this decision, we have no choice but to move forward. We offered two very good pieces for Bogut and thought this would have been sufficient. Our team has played well the last few games, as we have had some lineup and strategy changes. I expect us to be in the running for a playoff spot, and will use this as motivation moving forward. We have confidence in the team we have in place, and once we can learn to finish games, we will be better off for it."

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Feels the same way for me. I've gotten wins over the Heat and Lakers... and losses to the Hornets and Kings. This team is gonna be crazy frustrating for me all year. Hopefully the additions of Maynor and Belinelli will give me the bench scoring punch I need in order to keep up when my 2nd team gets minutes.

9. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Good idea Bucs !

Minnesota is playing way above themselves right now and are up top in the ratings. This won't stay for very long, so we are just trying to soak it all in and make us think we are contenders. Still a couple trades away from being real contenders, and I have no clue what those trades are, but we are quietly becoming a contender in the West. Looking forward to the rest of the year.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

For me at least, my consistency comes with being on the road or at home. Something like 8-0 at home, and 5-5 on the road.

11. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

We were content on not making a trade and riding out the season and seeing where we ended up in the draft as we have been scouting a few prospects but then we got a call from the Warrior's front office informing us that our owner Mr. Carder had discussed his interest in Dorell with Dru50 the owner of the Warriors and then we worked the deal out and ended up getting 2 more players added to the deal which includes David Lee and Jeremy Tyler. I know it was tough for Mr. Carder to give up Tyrus Thomas but it was in the best interest for our team and he was the main reason this deal went down.

I am excited for the rest of the season and our new look team and I am very impressed with how our rookies have played so far this season. Our next goal for this season is resigning DJ Augustine as he will be an intricate piece as we move forward with this organization. We also don't have any plans to make anymore moves trade wise but we are always listening to offers.

12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

We were very happy to move Brenden Haywood's contract. He played well for us, but not $10 million a year good. We will struggle inside I am sure, but will be worth it. We should have plenty of cap space to try and go after good replacement for Kidd and hopefully another superstar to help out Dirk.

13. Bucs

The fans in detroit were a little concerned when we traded Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum for pieces that on paper arent nearly as good, but management really felt like turning 2 guys who ride the bench into 4 was for the betterment of the team. So far they have all fit right in very nicely and it really gives us an extra punch off the bench. Goudelock has performed admirably, his speed and willingingness to make that extra pass have been marvelous, Josh McRoberts has hit some big time shots for us, Jason Richardson fills the sixth man role admirably (and for 8 million cheaper than Stuckey did) , even Von Wafer is doing okay for us coming off the bench. We were pushing to add Joey Graham but have since given up hope and now our main focus is extending the guys we have on the books.

14. JrRawlins

last night's game against the Jazz really showed that the Raptors need someone to step up as their 3rd scorer, Honeycutt is far from consistent.... with a consistent 3rd scorer the Raptors will be far more competitive...

15. Bucs

Detroit coaches are worried about the teams showing at the free throw line the last few games as well as their poor efficiency shooting, an extra emphasis on free throws in practice in the coming weeks may be the remedy

16. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sixers move to season low 5 games under .500 and second to last in the league.

"It's well known that we are getting killed on the boards," began coach Doug Colling. "We've tried to compensate when we picked up a scorer in Jake Robinson. We also have given a lot of minutes to Reggie Evans. Finally we've tried giving even more playing time to one of our best 3 point shooters in Jodie Meeks. None of it has worked. We are not sure what to do but our next few games will see some interesting starting lineups. We're going to try a big lineup for a few games, and then a smaller shooting lineup from top to bottom. Who knows if any of it works."

The Sixers are also rumored to be interested in GM Papa Perry 's C Samuel Dalembert.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

18. JrRawlins

The Raptors are openly in talks to move Ed Davis....... for a 3rd scorer.....

19. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Inside the New York Knicks

After a busy schedule led to a couple sim losses and a 4-4 start, the New York Knicks are beginning to find a little rhythm. We've ridden some solid play along with some great luck (sorry JFace907) to storm back out to a 16-5 record good enough for 3rd in the East. New York has beaten users ryalaman, makinpropel, and Bondzai during the surge and hope to continue gelling as we approach the the halfway mark of the season.

BackCourt
    The Knicks backcourt is led by veteran Baron Davis, who is one of the coach's most highly valued pieces. He no longer has the star power of STAT or Caremlo, but Davis is an extremely efficient point guard who does an excellent job running the offense. BD finished in the top 3 in assists and A/TO ratio last season and will look to continue that success in the new file. Davis, on a 1yr/$2.5M deal this season, has just agreed to take a massive paycut for next season, extending for another year at the league minimum $473k.

Another invaluable piece to the Knick backcourt has been rookie PG Iman Shumpert. Although his 3PT shot was nerfed a bit with the roster update, his slashing ability and midrange game has been raised. Shump's intensity on defense (89 STL) has endeared him to his teammates and he has stepped up as 6th man and leader of the 2nd unit. The rest of the Knicks backcourt consists of Landry Fields starting at the 2 and Bill Walker off the bench; two very long and athletic guards who can fill it up from 3.

FrontCourt
    The Knicks frontcourt is one of the strongest in the NBA and they have not disappointed. Carmleo Anthony is the team's catalyst and his continued to play well in big games. The 9 year veteran is one of the most dangerous scorers in the league and can really dictate play from the wings. Almost impossible to guard 1 on 1, Carmelo has stepped up his passing ability and really worked to get his teammates involved from the high and low posts. Behind Melo, Renaldo Balkman has been filling in. Balkman did not even make the rotation in the last file (especially after we signed Ak47) but he has done a solid job in spurts this season. Balkman is a scrappy defender who does an amazing job on the offensive glass (91 ORB).

STAT is 2nd in command, and is doing a solid job of scoring efficiently. Although he does not get quite as many shots as Melo, Stoudemire really stretches the floor and is dangerous anywhere inside the 3-point circle. We would like to see him grab a few more rebounds, but overall we have been pleased with his contributions.

At the center position, we have what we really feel is a two-headed monster in Tyson Chandler and the ageless Erik Dampier. Tyson is just a freak combination of speed and length and although his stats dont always show it, he does a great job of altering shots and anchoring the defense. Dampier, while old as shit, comes in and does a nice job playing spot minutes when Chandler gets tired or gets in foul trouble.

Overall we are happy with the look of our team. We have some young talented players who are not getting big minutes who we may look to trade for picks or pieces. Guys like Tony Douglas, Bill Walker, Jeremy Lin, Novak, and Bibby can all be helpful to other teams, especially on offense, but as of now they can't crack New York's already solid offense.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I think the Wizards might be ok with the trade that brought in Marco Belinelli. In his first game as a member of the Wizards, he went off for 35 points in just 17 minutes in a 118-114 loss to the Blazers. If he can keep this up, the Wizards will start looking into a contract extension soon.

21. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Bahahaha, bringbackjimmy, how is J Smoove supposed to stop the Melo Man after letting Belinelli go Hamber Rose on him?

• Like Like x 1
  22. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Just let it happen bbkkk, Melo can't be stopped. He gets it in the post and either spins out if you are up against him, or turns and fades if you back off.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

benelli was at sg i believe and he hit most of his 3's after the game was over.. J Smoove didn't have a great game scoring only 24, batum went off for 39 coming off the bench..

• Like Like x 1
  24. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

We have been in some serious trade talks the last few weeks with Philadelphia to possibly aquire Evan Turner or Thaddeus Young but after crunching some numbers there was no possible way to make a trade work. The Portland offer came about the same way as the trade with Golden State and once we get the approval fromt he trade committee we will welcome in Wesley Mathews to Charlotte along with veteran Kurt Thomas.

Mathew's will instantly become the starter which will move Gerald Henderson to the bench which will make our second unit a little more competitive. We believe Kurt Thomas will be able to come in and give us some minutes off the bench but he will more than likely be a mentor to Bismack and Jeremy.

25. Bucs

Detroit is thinking about benching Tayshaun Prince if he can't pick up his offensive production in the next few games. " For a guy to average near 27 minutes and only provide us with 9 points is not ideal. It was okay when he was giving us some rebounds but his numbers have really dropped lately and Joey Graham has performed well when he has seen the court. I'm going to experiment with a few line ups in practice and see if it helps us out or not." said Coach Lawrence Frank after the disappointing loss to the Wizards. Frank also commented on the teams seeming dependency on the 3. He says they are shooting like garbage and its costing them games.