Batman: Arkham Asylum - Mini review

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jms493, Aug 27, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Mini review

For those of you who might see me on Xbox Live I like to try a whole variety of games.

Mainly I like Racing and Sports. I also love to try many other games. I use gamefly and buy and sell games via ebay alot.

Gamefly sent me Batman: AA last night.

After reading the very high reviews I was interested in playing this game as I am comic book fan and Batman fan. Well if you have any interest in this game try it out either rental or buy. The graphics are some of the best I have ever seen. The detail in the environments and the Jokers face is amazing. The atmosphere and story are very intriguing.

Gameplay wise it is your typical 3rd person action game, except your Batman. You get to use all his little tools and moves. The fighting starts out like a button masher but as you gain more skills you will find yourself fighting more skillfully.
    I haven't tried out the other modes but I have read the there is a good amount of replay ability here. With a special challenge mode.

Anyway the game is pretty freaking awesome and I recommend to anyone interested.

9/10 for a action/adventure game

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have been trying to get out and buy this game for two days. Today is the day.

It looks great and like a ton of fun. I cant wait.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

keep your nerdy stuff out of the lockerroom..... I bet you like Star Wars too...

[YOUTUBE]ugk37TvIR8E[/YOUTUBE]

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

That bit with Triumph.....is quite possibly one of the funniest bits eva! FYI....i work right across the street from the Zigfeld...

Question......I was planning on doing some othe quick game reviews in the future..where would i put them???

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[YOUTUBE]nCtz4trJr_g[/YOUTUBE]

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if they aren't related to football... cheap seats works fine.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yes I do like Star Wars... SO WHAT!!!

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ok I was going to but that has "non-gaming" in the description....

9. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

lol semantics bro. btw I played the demo when it came out and I was floored best Superhero video game possibly ever just from playing the demo. I plan on picking the whole game up after i get settled in with madden and start getting some league games in but only other superhero game that beats it as of now is the first Spiderman game, once I get the whoile version that may change. I may go PS3 version because ps3 ver you can play as the joker as well

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I loved this demo...hope to rent it soon.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I have the game on my 360 and I just saw one of the most amazing things I've EVER seen in a video game to date!

On my welcome screen, there's some scrolling text at the bottom. It tells me that on the PS3 version and only on the PS3 version of the game I can play as the Joker. This is mind blowing to me. Somehow, Micro$oft allowed a game to be made for their system with an advertisement for the PS3 version of the game. I'm really shocked that they'd allow something like that.