Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by YaBoiPatza, Oct 4, 2010.

1. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Jul 23, 2010

"Undefeated No More."

Waco, TX - The Baylor Bears finally got the chance to pay back the Terps of the University of Maryland for their defeat last season. The Bears' coach, Patza, "jokingly" said he'd take away scholarships if they lost to Maryland this year. "I told them I dont care WHAT theyre ranked, I need this win." It is well documented the bitter rivalry and hatred between Coach Patza and Maryland coach SDMDTSU, its clear the Bears wanted to make a statement this week after a much hyped week and a war of words between the two coaches. But the home team was able to back up their boisterous head coach.

Maryland won the toss and chose to defer until the second half. The Bears started the game off with the ball and a heavy dose of Senior RB Terrance Ganaway, as this would prove to be a theme throughout the game, as Ganaway had 138 yards on 28 carries. Then once the run was establishes, they hit them with Play Action passes, many of which went to QB Robert Griffin's favorite target, TE Monk who had 7 catches for 172 yards. "Coming in, we knew Maryland could move the ball on offense, so we wanted to keep their offensive squad on the sidelines for as long as possible.", said Coach Patza. Baylor controlled the ball almost doubled the Terps in time of possession, 20:12 to 11:48. Baylor struck first with an early field goal, and Maryland quickly responded with a 17-yard run by RB C. Porzel. After a series of punts back and forth, Baylor was able to get into the endzone with a 18 yard pass fro Griffin to WR W. Jefferson. The Terp drive to get some point before halftime was cut short when Robinson's pass was intercepted by a Baylor player. The Bears were able to capitalize with a field goal as time expired and were able to go into half leading 13-7. Maryland scored a touchdown in the 3rd quarter, which put them ahead 14-13. Griffin was able to find pay dirt for the second time on a 17-yard pass to Monk to put them up 19-14, and the 2point conversion was unsuccessful. Maryland drove the length of the field as time dwindled, but the game ended on 3 incomplete passes into the endzone.

When asked about last year's loss to the Terps, Griffin responded by saying "If I would have played, we would have won by at LEAST two touchdowns. They lucked out and only beat us by 3 at their home field with us having started our backup QB.."

There was speculation about Maryland QB Jamarr Robinson point shaving and it stirred up some controversy in the college football world. We asked Coach Patza about the allegations and he responded "If i woulda talked all that [expletive] like SDMDTSU did all year and lost, I would have come up with and excuse, too.. No further comment..."

Griffin went 11-15 for 262 yards and 2 TDs and 0 INTs for the Baylor Bears. For the Terps, Robinson went 13-22 for 144 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. Leading rusher was Meggett (13 rushes for 74 yards) and leading receiver (4 rec for 34 yards)

Caoch Patza said he would be open for a tie breaking game between the two teams, but he said he wanted to negotiate a possible neutral field game.

October 4, 2010