Baylor Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Baylor Presser

[​IMG]

Coach huge game vs. Texas is Baylor ready to step out of the shadows of the Longhorns?

Coach you claimed that your team will be "The King of Texas" does that mean you guarantee that your squad will win?

Who has to step on offense and defense to rally the troops to pull off the upset?

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I don't know that we will ever be out of the shadow of schools like Texas, but we plan on directing a little bit of the light our way.

Win or lose, I will be proud of my kids effort. But make no mistake, we are playing the game to win. Robert has started to look comfortable in the pocket again, the defense has played the way we needed them to, and I feel this is our time to do this.

Jay (Finley) is coming back off of an injury this week. I need him to spark this offense. He gets going, that leaves Terrance coming in to spell him and making the big runs he has made all year. On defense, if Zac Scotton is making the line concentrate on him, Gary Mason will be wreaking havoc from the other end.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

How does it feel to have game day in Waco?

This will help recruiting, how has it gone so far?

This game vs Oklahoma is a statement game, if my sources serve me correct Baylor has NEVER beaten OU in football, does this game mean a little more?

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Lets try again coach, now that you have a Heisman frontrunner your program needs the exposure
    [​IMG]

How has Griffin played so far?

Have your WR's Sampson been the playmaker that you expected?

How does it look for recruiting in the promise land of Texas?

5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

[​IMG]

Robert has played well so far. Other than a rough start against SMU, he has kept the ball in our hands. He had a huge yardage and TD day against WVU, but that had a lot to do with the WR's working against a lot of single coverage and zone blitz schemes from the overly aggressive WVU defense. His completion percentage is somewhat low for the season, but he is still working out some early season Heisman hype jitters.

Sampson exploded last game, make two huge runs after the catch against the WVU defense. His work is just a part of the whole body though. Terrance Williams and Josh Gordon also deserve a lot of praise. Those two are some playmakers also. I am really amazed by the run game this year. Although I am not a 200 yard per game rushing team, the running game has been doing good enough to keep defenses honest.
    Recruiting has its ups and downs. We are solidly on the boards of some of our key targets, but we also need some good wins to attract some attention our way from some other guys. Of course I will always look to Texas first. Texas players have been the majority of our roster for many years. We plan on keeping it that way. Coach Briles instilled in me a way of doing things here at Baylor, I plan to continue in those footsteps. Sic 'Em Bears

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Big win for the Bears vs. Mizzou, at this point in the season does your team have a shot at the goals set in the preseason?

What has been the biggest disappointment this season, and what can you do to improve it?

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Dream season to say the least, How does it feel to have Baylor in the Big 12 CCG?

What has Robert Griffin III meant to Waco?

A rematch with the Cornhuskers, what will you need to do differently this time to come out on top?

A win could have you in the BCS CCG is that lurking in the back of the Bear's minds this week?

Tell the country why RG3 should win the Heisman.

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

We would not have gotten here without a little help, but I will take it. We kept working all season long, and with that work ethic, we managed to accomplish one of our goals.
    He has been a program changer. When Art brought him in originally, that is what he was hoping for. Something to get Baylor back on the map. I will say job well done. Keep it up.

We had a few turnovers the first game. We can't have those this time around. Another big thing we have worked on since then has been the run game. Our rushing defense needs to come up with some stops against Mr. Robinson. He gashed us for over 200 yards last meeting. Can't win against that.

We have moved one week at a time this entire season. I would be lying if I said I had not looked at the possibility. But I threw it out as soon as it came to me. We have to win first. Where we go afterwards is secondary.
    If he leads this team to a BigXII championship and a BCS game berth, I don't think I will have to tell them. That will mean he has done the showing. He didn't have a huge week last week, but yet he moved up in the projections. That tells me more people are watching him, and realizing what he is doing, and where he is doing it.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach how have things gone with the absence of the programs most prolific signal caller?

Is this team in line to compete for a Big 12 South title?

Have you been able to gain any commitments this season?

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

To be honest, it was a little rough at first. Not only did we lose Robert, but we also lost basically a whole set of receivers with him. The offense wasn't really a complete fresh start, but it took us a while to find a groove and see who could produce where. It is still a work in progress, but we are slowly finding our way. Brody and Bryce are running the offense well, and Jarred has become the feature back we thought he would.

After the strange situation of last season, and the challenges that face us this year with an almost complete revamp of the offense, I can't say that I would expect it. But the defense has shown that they come to play every week. And when that happens, you can only hope that you have a chance to win a few. So, maybe we do have a chance.

In the words of a great American classic (SpaceBalls) - We ain't found shit.