Bayou's Rookie of the Year Predictions

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

While we all wait in patient anticipation for August 27 and the release of this year's Madden, let's take a look at a couple players who I feel (regardless of owner) will make the biggest impact in their rookie seasons. But before we get down to the nitty gritty of it and the actual selections, here are some guys who could very well end up with the hardware at the end of the season. These guys come highly touted this year and will no doubt make some kind of impact for their respective teams on the field. Without further ado:

Watch List:

RB - Giovani Bernard - Cincinnati Bengals

Bernard entered the 2013 NFL Draft somewhat unknown to a lot of folks. Most likely because he comes from the University of North Carolina, and doesn't hail from Alabama like fellow rookie Eddy Lacy. Bernard has breakaway speed as well as the skills to pull off a big run. His elusiveness is sure to cause defenders problems in Madden 25.

[​IMG]

ROLB - Barkevious Mingo - Cleveland Browns

Barkevious Mingo has huge NFL potential. The question is, will he answer the bell on that potential or let it go to the wayside like many other college standouts. Mingo possesses outstanding speed in Madden and his pursuit is off the charts. He caused fits for opposing QB's in his senior year at LSU. If he can stay on the field, he should do the same in his rookie year.

[​IMG]

WR - Tavon Austin - St. Louis Rams

[​IMG]

What Tavon Austin lacks in size, he makes up for with pure talent. The speedster from West Virginia is primed to cause fits for secondaries all across the league. Sam Bradford may finally have a legitimate go-to WR in his arsenal. Austin, despite his size, is powerful off of the line and is fantastic at running under routes. If the Rams have success this year, Austin will be a main reason as to why.

DB - Dee Milliner - New York Jets

[​IMG]

Milliner comes to the NFL via national powerhouse Alabama. He's a well coached ball player and knows the game very well. He has lock down corner ability in both man and zone packages and has the speed to keep up with anyone who lines up in front of him. Dee will bring plenty excitement to a Jets secondary that lacks just that. (Except of course when Antonio Cromartie is blowing up his own teammates in training camp!)

FS - Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu - Arizona Cardinals

[​IMG]

Mathieu, no doubt, enters the NFL with the most hype of any player in this years draft. His story was widely published and he was widely criticized for it. Aside from those wrongdoings, there may not be a more talented football player in this entire draft. To Mathieu, the ball is a magnet and he's your refrigerator. If you want to find him on the football field just look for the football itself, he's sure to be somewhere around it. A guy with playmaker ability like this, don't be surprised if he's your D.Y.O.R.

Official Predictions:

Offensive Rookie of the Year

TE - Tyler Eifert - Cincinnati Bengals

[​IMG]

As we all know, there are plenty of Madden players who love finding their tight end running through a wide open defense. The tight end may be one of the single most important positions to many Madden players. Tyler Eifert, I feel, fits every players dream mold of tight end. He has above average speed and agility, possesses the tools to break away from linebackers and safeties, and above all of that has some tremendous hands. If Andy Dalton puts it within 5 feet of Eifert, he will most likely bring it down. The Bengals found two great rookies in this draft, and both have a shot to bring home O.R.O.Y. honors at the end of the season.

Defensive Rookie of the Year

RE - Dion Jordan - Miami Dolphins

[​IMG]

Dion Jordan shot up everybodies draft boards after he blazed through the obstacles at the 2013 NFL Combine. Many had him pegged for a middle 1st round draft pick before the combine, and after his first day he was as high as #1 overall on some peoples mocks. Jordan is a product of Chip Kelly's Oregon defense. He has blazing speed off the edge and will play opposite all-pro DE Cameron Wake in Miami. Offensive lines will have their hands full with these two, which can only aid Jordan that much more. Look for him to be in opponents backfields for most of the year this year. If he stays healthy, and plays to his ability, Dion Jordan will be winning D.R.O.Y.

Good luck to all who have the chance to play with any of these young studs. Hope they can live up the hype!!

• Like Like x 8
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Good stuff Loren!

• Like Like x 2
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great Job! Always like to see some love for my Brownies!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Nice but I think Austin will take the OROY honors...

• Like Like x 1
  5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

installing game now, time to hit the lab with the Bengals, and put them to the test

6. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Austin or Mathieu on my radar for rookie of the year

• Like Like x 3
  7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Great work Loren.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Rebuttal Predictions:

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

My prediction for offensive rookie of the year is WR Justin Hunter from the Tennessee Titans. This may not be a conventional pick but you never know.

[​IMG]

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

My prediction for defensive rookie of the year is DE Ezekiel Ansah from the Detroit Lions. With Suh and Fairley being the unquestioned best DT combo in the game...the young pup is going to wreak havoc from the outside.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

My two rooks are starting day 1!

10. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Quinton Patton

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Beast from LA Tech! Hope he makes it man, dude was a stud in college.

12. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

yup, I ran with them in my NCAA dynasty in NCAA 12, he was the only player we had!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Rebuttal Rebuttal Picks coming later today...fyi they will all be Bills players

14. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

BJORN WERNER!!! REMEMBER THE NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

When I went to a FSU game last year...I ate at PoBoys (long standing tradition...and the buffalo chicken po boy...is just crazy good) anyways...Bjorn's girlfriend was waiting on us, so we got to get friendly with her. It was funny joking with her about how good her boyfriend was and how she was going to be a rich NFL wife. She spoke great English, but obv. had a strong accent as she and him are from across the pond.

I'm really rooting for this guy. If the Falcons didn't go CB first round, I absolutely think we would have taken him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

17. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

He played his first preseason game last night and impressed!

• Like Like x 1