BBJ & I

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Dec 24, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

We are both going to get screwed by EA's shitty poll logic. Currently I'm #3 and BBJ is #4. We're both undefeated and if BBJ knocks off Shaun's Duke team tomorrow we'll both have won our conferences. However, the USC Trojans have the #2 spot locked down. And what a joke this is.

All three teams are undefeated and have a shot at the BCS game. So it's up to EA's poll logic to sort this one out. Here's the tale of the tape:

Boston College has beat 3 Top 25 teams this season. If they beat Duke that'll make 4.
    Missouri has beaten 6 Top 25 teams this season.
    USC hasn't even played a ranked team this season! Yup, you read that right, not one ranked opponent.

USC holds the #2 spot in all three polls and they have a considerable lead over Missouri, approx 150 points in both polls and .006 in the BCS rankings.

So, I guess it's more important where you begin the season ranked, than your actual performance during the season because there's no way USC should be ranked ahead of BBJ or I. In fact, they've played a softer schedule than Boise St typically plays. If anything they should be one of the undefeated teams getting no love ranked #13 or something like that. What a joke!

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

i'm pretty happy with EA ranking me #25 haha

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

how you think Lawdog got 2 national title without winning his own conference? he started the season ranked high.... only lost one game then the team that beat him loses really late.........

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have beaten 5 top 20 teams(at the time of the game) and started ranked at 4 I believe...

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Duke wasn't ranked when you played them the first time.:)

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I said this in another thread, Duke is getting screwed in the polls.

9-3, losses to #1 Ole Miss, #3/4 Boston College, OT loss to #14 Wake Forest

Combine that with the hardest schedule (opponent win/loss) in the country and being ranked #24 is an injustice.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

You were ranked 20th my friend;)

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I thought my loss to Wake knocked me out of the top 25.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    well in reality it comes down to this...

who wants to see Boston College/Mizzou? LOL

USC is the bread winner, sorry...you guys are like the TCU/Boise St of the T2.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Who wants to really see ole miss? Right now me and om are both 6 star programs while mizz and USC are 5. In reality that would make a bc/ole miss game the money maker..

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The poll logic is pretty screwy. We can all agree on that.

On the other hand I'm sort of digging what it brings to the table. I can't remember the last time we were talking about two deserving user teams missing put on a shot against another user team. It sucks for the fuys on the outside looking in, but at least it makes for fun talk. We have plenty of more seasons too.

12. GoGators

Shit too, nobody wants to see BC/Ole Miss's boring brand of football. The sponsors would be clamoring to see the Missouri spread and shred in the title game. Why? Cause it's sexy that's why!

13. GoGators

This really pisses me off though cause this was my next shot at it. With 25 seniors it'll likely be a while before we put together another run like this. I guess it's kind of like it would be in real life where you'd have politicing going on and a team or two left on the outside looking in. But in that argument the team on the outside looking in should be USC, not BC or Mizzou.