BCS Blow-Up: League Description & Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

[​IMG]

BCS Blow-Up: League Description

We are one of the new Non-Premier Online Dynasty's here at Tradition for the NCAA '12 release. This league will not be your traditional Dynasty setup. With some of the movement of College teams lately, It is my belief that within the next 10 to 15 years, the College Football landscape could be regionalized into 16 team Super-Conferences. I have did my best to make five 16 team Super-Conferences all based regionally. I have tried to keep all of the rivalry's in tact. Obviously, not everyone will be happy with the conferences but this is what were going to use.

We will use 2 of the conferences with 6 Users in each Conference. Each Division in each Conference with have 8 teams with 3 Users in each Division. Once the league is full, we will have a vote on which conferences to use.

To me, winning of games is not the most important part of this league. First and foremost, you are expected to abide by the site rules. If you need refreshing of the rules, here is the link:
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tradition-rules-and-general-expectations.1161/.

User Teams and Coaches

East
    ryalaman - Connecticut
    schreck822 - Notre Dame
    PIG BOMB - Georgia Tech
    sonn - North Carolina

Southeast
    Pagmer07 - Miami
    jared16evans - South Carolina
    Mad Money Merk - Gerogia
    Legacy - Tennessee

Southwest
    AJ Hart MN - Texas A&M
    LSUTRUTH- TCU
    Screwthebcs - Arkansas
    Harith - Oklahoma St

Playcalling:
    In addition to those rules, you are expected to mix up your playcalling on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. I don't want to see anyone playing man all game on defense or running out of a tight formation all game on offense. We all want to replicate the game we love on Saturday's and mixing up your play-calling is a must to do that. As we all know, every release there are money plays that are extremely tough to stop due to the AI. If I find out you are abusing these plays, you will be removed from the league.

Content:
    In additon to playing a SIM game, content to the league is at the top of the priority list for me. I would like this league to thrive and in doing so, it takes 12 active members for any league to be successful. I will be doing weekly articles for the league and I hope others can be creative and do some stuff for the league also. Obviously, some have less free time than others so I don't expect everyone to to contribute the same amount of content. Everybody will be required to post the signings of recruits and short recaps of games. To be honest, a couple of sentences will work for CPU games as I really don't need 3 paragraphs explaining your 41-6 over Vanderbilt. After the conclusion of User games, the winning team is required to post the recap of the game. If the losing team wants to add to it, they would also be encouraged to do the same. I love reading people's thoughts about their games and I think this is a great way for fellow league members to follow your team.

Stats:
    Stat whoring is probably my biggest gripe when playing in online leagues with fellow users. I take the stats you put up very seriously and if you continue to have unrealistic stats, you will be removed from the league. 1700 or 1800 yds is probably the cap for running backs and 1500 to 1600 yds is a safe number for Receivers. Passing yards is a bit dicey but we all know what's SIM and what's not. I also will watch defensive stats with a close eye also. There is no need for a MLB to have 10+ sacks or a FS with 20 TFL. If you have these type's of stats, you are doing some unsim things. There will be no more than 1 warning for breaking these rules as if you need constant reminding, you probably just don't get it anyway and are not a good fit for the league.

Sportsmanship:
    Sportsmanship is also of very high importance to me. How you handle a tough loss is a good indicator of what type of guy you are. A simple GG is always appreciated even after the toughest of losses. We all want to win but every game has a winner and a loser so how you deal with that is more important to me than the outcome of the game. Mic's are always encouraged when playing a user game as it's easy to deal with any issue's that may come up. F bombing your opponent because he is beating you will not be tolerated and will get you removed from the league immediately.

Coaching Carousel:
    Due to this new feature having too many bugs, we have decided to not use the Coaching Carousel in this dynasty.

Additional Rules:
    -A scoring cap of 70 will be placed on all games. Exceeding this amount will result in a loss of scholarships.
    -If ahead by 30 at any point in the second half, you must substitute out your 1st string offense.
    -Restarts are not tolerated. Stuff happens as we all know and if you have to restart for some reason, proof will be needed. If no proof is shown, a loss of scholarships will be enforced.
    -4th down rules which will override site rules.
    1.You can go for it on 4th down on any distance on your opponents side of the field unless it falls in the below categories.
    2.If you are winning by 21 or more you cannot go for it on 4th down at any time.
    3.If losing by 21 or more, you can go for it on your side of the field if 4th and 1 or less.
    4.In the 4th quarter if down by 14 or more you can go for it at any time.

In case people were a bit confused by the league wide rules, these are also rules pertaining to this league. We have all now had our say and these rules are final. If you don't like them, I understand but if it's going to be a big deal, you can join a different dynasty.

Manual Motioning
    We are setting a cap of two per game. I understand some don't like the rule but it's going to be the rule for this league moving forward.

Manually changing defensive players
    Your allowed to manually move a defensive player but you must control that player. This rule is in black in white in the site rules and any more breaking of this rule will result in you being removed from the league.

Audibles to different formations
    This is also against site rules and will not be allowed in this dynasty. It's ok to call audible's but you must stay in your current formation. Also, please don't use audible's on every single play. Call a play and run it, you shouldn't be calling audible's on every single play.

Game-Planning:
    Everything is outlawed except the following:
    - Pass Commit
    - Conservative Tackle
    - Conservative Run
    - You can only chew the clock in obvious situations.. If you need an explanation, PM me.

Recruiting Rules:
    This is where we will differ from most leagues here at TSO. I've never been a guy that likes to see all 12 users snatch up all the top recruits. In a effort to make the CPU competitive for the duration of the league, I have instituted some guidelines to make recruiting as lifelike as possible. We will be using a point system for recruits. Each Scholarship will be worth 3.5 points. So, if you have 18 available scholarships, you will have 63 points to use.

-5* Recruit = 5 points
    -4* Recruit = 4 points
    -3* Recruit = 3 points
    -2* Recruit = 2 points
    -1* Recruit = 1 point
    -Walk Ons = 0 Points

Points will not roll over if they go unused. In an effort to make recruiting more stategic, if you go after a bunch of 5* kids and end up with some walk-ons to fill out your roster, these kids will be required to play on your team for all 4 years. There is nothing wrong with going after 5* kids, but you better be sure to fill out your roster accordingly. I'm hoping these rules will deter some Users from going after 5* kids that aren't entirely needed thus giving some of these talented kids to the CPU. I personally will monitor all the recruiting and if you don't follow the rules, you will be removed from the league.

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:
    A. The number of Seniors on your roster that will graduate.
    B. 70 - amount of players currently on roster.

A + B = Total number of scholarships

Position Changes:
    The following rules apply for changing a players position in the offseason OR placing a player at a different position during the season (including through the use of formation subs). Specific formations such as the 2-4-5 which place OLB’s at DE are still acceptable even if the player (such as an OLB) would not meet the pre-requisites to play in those positions. Additionally, recruits that come in at a specific position may stay at that position even if they do not meet the below criteria.

QB – THP must be 70 or above (this applies to playing QB in non-wildcat based packages).
    HB – No restrictions.
    FB – Player must be under 6’3”, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    WR – No restrictions.
    TE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    OL – No restrictions.
    DE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 225lbs and have a speed of 82 or lower.
    DT – Player must weigh at least 265 lbs and have a speed of 75 or lower.
    OLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    MLB – Player must weigh at least 230lbs and have a speed of 84 or lower.
    CB/S – No restrictions.
    K/P – No restrictions.

Redshirt Rules:
    The only players that are eligible to red-shirt will be freshman or sophomores. The only exception to this rule will be incoming Junior College transfers. A Juco will be allowed to red-shirt only during his first year on campus.

Players Leaving:
    -Any player rated 94 or above will not be allowed to come back if they try to leave for the NFL.
    -Any player that has won a major award will not be allowed to come back if they try to leave for the NFL.
    -Trying to sway players from transferring will be allowed.
    -Kickers and Punters can be swayed back regardless of their rating and if they've won a award.
    (These rules can change depending on how the game is)

Offseason:
    The offseason will be conducted in one night that works best for the majority of the league. This does not include the Pre-Season.

Playbooks:
    Custom playbooks will be allowed. You will still need to pick a specific playbook and then post the changes you made to it prior to the start of the season. Once the season starts, there will be no more altering to your playbook.

Advancement Schedule:
    We will be on a firm 48hr advance schedule.

Availability:
    I for one work 40+ hours a week(9-5 type of schedule) and have a family so my playing time can be limited (Especially on Weekdays). Some of the other members are in the same boat as me so we are looking for guys that are usually available during the 6-10 EST range. We can all try to be accommodating as possible but if your only a late night gamer or work the second shift, this league may not work for you. If your flexible during those peak evening hours, this is the place for you.

League History:
    I plan on keeping a detailed history of the league so before we do the off-season, the league will take a one or two day break so I can record the season's Bowl Winners, Conference Champions and Award Winners.

Sliders:
    In a effort to make the CPU competitive, we will use a slider set that's very challeging. I don't find it very enjoyable beating the CPU by 40 points so before we start the Dynasty, I will test different slider set's to find the most reallistic set possible. I encourage others to test out different set's also as I will take any advice that will be given to me.

We will play on All-American difficulty (with slider adjustments) and we will use 8 minute quarters.

2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I like the idea of recruiting points...that will be a fun challenge and different twist...I'm always putting restrictions on myself for offline dynasties anyway so I like that.
    I also always do writes up and stories...makes it more fun.

My only beef would be with Custom Playbooks.... it's a huge new feature that I am very much looking forward to using. I can finally build the power-run/ oprtion-run based offense of my dreams. I would be interested to know why you would not allow them? Cheezy play and money plays shopuld not be used anyway, what difference would custom books make?

3. AJ Hart MN

Updated adding Coaching Carousel rules.

4. AJ Hart MN

Updated adding red-shirt rules.

5. AJ Hart MN

Updated adding League Banner.. Thanks again jared16evans!

6. AJ Hart MN

Updated adding the rule that kickers and Punters can be swayed back regardless of their rating and if they've won any awards.

Also made the change to anybody rated 94+ will not be allowed to be swayed back. This was at 90 originally so this is as far as I will go. :)

7. AJ Hart MN

Updated adding the custom playbook rule.

8. AJ Hart MN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.