BCS Bowl Shakedown?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MoonBBad, Dec 12, 2011.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

So I was hoping someone could provide some insight on how the ratings are going to be decided moving into bowl season. Here is a snap shot of what the top 10 BCS Standings look like going into Week 14.

[​IMG]
    So a few interesting things... ​
    We have 4 teams sitting at 10 or 11 and 1. LSU, Michigan, Georgia, and myself. What are some of the scenarios for the BCS picture? ​
    The way I see it is OSU v Michigan tonight. Say OSU wins, that would put the at 12-0 for the season and Michigan at 10-2. OSU would be a lock for the NC, where would Michigan fall to? Would they fall to 6 and everyone else shift up a spot? ​
    What if Michigan wins. That would put them at 11-1 and the Bucks at 11-1. Does Michigan shoot up past LSU to #2? Does Ohio State fall to 6 or do they get placed somwhere between 3 & 6? ​
    Does the game take into consideration strength of schedule? ​
    Any other matchups that have big BCS implications this week? Anyone want to chime their thoughts?​

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Is Ohio St a lock for the Big Ten Champ game? If michigan beats them twice in a row we should be in the top 2 for sure, if we lose 1 or both it will be pry be impossible.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I need Ohio State and Michigan to split their back-to-back games for a shot at the title. In that scenario I should jump past the B1G team if I beat LSU, which is a big if. I think Killer and I are undefeated when playing our games, but he lost to my squad on AP and I lost a sim to Bama. The other opportunity would be an Oregon loss in Pac-12 championship, which I just do not see coming to fuition.

I do not see any scenario with ND getting in the title game, unless I am wrong on conference standings and they sneak into B1G championship game. We had a similar situation in T3 last season with Penn State. They didn't get to the conference title but were ranked ahead of my squad going into the conference championship games. My team jumped PSU and got the BCS berth.

4. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I think they are. If you beat them they hold the tiebreaker over me I believe since they beat me.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'm not sure how SoS works.

Last year we had 3 users go undefeated. The #1 ranked had by far the worst SoS that year.

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Ohio St holds the tiebreaker in the Leaders Division. The B1G championship will feature a rematch of The Game.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I need Michigan to win the B1G and my team to win the SEC for a shot at the title.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Or for someone from the south to win the pac12.