BCS Championship Game: #1 ND vs #2 Penn State

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

BCS Championship Game: #1 ND vs #2 Penn State

Going to try to get a bit of a preview in here before the game, but for now thought we could try to set a tentative time. Psycho, not sure how your weekend looks, but the best time for me would be something like 11 est Saturday morning. It's definitely not the only time I'll be available though, but I don't know exactly what else I have going on this weekend yet.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Go Penn State....

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Most of my weekend days (8am-8pm) are family time and also for the immediate future, house hunting. If I'm not house hunting I might be able to talk the wife into letting me break free for an hour to play, but I'm assuming this weekend we're going back to a house for a second look, which means this would be a no go.

I'm (basically) always free at nights (9pm est and on), including tonight if we are ready to advance, I understand the weekend nights are for drinking, partying and whoring... been there, done that, survived that, and don't think I'd be Lucky enough to survive it again, so I understand not wanting to waste part of a weekend night to play this game.

Best non-night time availability is probably around 11am est Sunday. We normally look for houses on Saturday, and if the in-laws stop by, they normally do so on Sunday around 2pm est. However I won't know for sure until Friday night if I'll be availible at all during the weekend day.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Yes definitely house hunting at that time, just got the word that our appointment for the first of four houses is 9:30 am est.

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Who is this JMS? Get out of here troll! ;)

No problem Psycho. Let's keep 11am est Sunday as a possible fallback, but I should be able to swing something one of these evenings. Guess I could have read your sig...

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Let's go ND!

WE ARE...
    N D!!!!!

:D Really can't complain with either team winning.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

HAHA....i keep an eye on all!:biggun:

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Since we're still waiting on one game to be played, and I don't have anything else to do in any other league, I'm going to make it an early night, go to bed, and catch up on some sleep. I'll catch up to you one of those times we talked about.

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

ND by 14. Go Catholics!

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

lol i'm not taking sides in this one. both are rivals of my team (Mich St0

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I hear you there Masler. Did you/do you go to MSU as well?

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    No offense Dat, but I will take PSU and the points.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I got Notre Dame in this one

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nope. Just a huge fan. I go to LCC.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Gotcha, I'm at MSU right now so your probably right down the road haha.

16. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I will not allow the Catholic Army to beat my White Knights.... alright maybe I need to make a new nickname for my team. ;)

Seriously:
    Both of us have stacked rosters, so it comes down to play calling and execution. In these cases bad days tend to turn into blow outs, furthermore since it's our first match up between the two of us, one of us could pull something unexpected out of our backsides, and depending on how long it takes for the other to adjust, the game could be over before the adjustment is made. So there's a possibility for a big win but hopefully ND by 14 will not be the end result. I hoping that it stays within 3-4 points throughout the game and turns into a NC for the ages.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Fair enough, but it will take a lot to top Florida-GT in season two. First I scored with very little time left, and then bam, GT somehow goes down the field on two plays and punches it in with almost no time left. It was crazy! Probably a write-up link in my sig somewhere.

Here is the thread that included scoring updates by JMill. Holy shit it was crazier than I remembered!

18. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I went to LCC from 1990-1992 and then I went to MSU from 1998-2001. I was back in Lansing in 2009 and I saw what is by far my favorite bad advertising slogan I've ever seen.

This was a billboard for Lansing Community College. I saw it alongside the highway and immediate started laughing my ass off! It's a perfect example of what can happen when an idea isn't thought through well enough.

Lansing Community College

Get ahead in life, without going too far.

Who was the marketing genius who came up with that?!? Obviously they mean:

"Get ahead in life without having to drive too far away from home to get your education."

But clearly, it sounds like:
    "Get ahead in life, but not too far ahead because, after all, this is only a crappy community college."

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

hahahaha

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

broadcast this shit punks!

21. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I would love to broadcast the game however I do not have broadcast capability... I will make a highlight video later, but haven't gotten around to getting a sling box, or anything else that can broadcast with a quality picture. With one kid and another on it's way the wife frowns on buying stuff so I can broadcast my video games. :D

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

to do it with OK quality you can use a webcam....cheapest way.

23. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Psycho, I logged in about about midnight est and saw I missed you by 8 mins. But the week hadn't advanced yet anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. Hopefully we can catch each other tomorrow evening or Sun AM.

24. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Where's this preview you promised?

25. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sorry Jello, haven't had time. Only opportunity was Thrusday night and it came down to a decision between doing that and watching the olympics with my wife. Since it's pretty much the only sporting event she takes an interest in (winter & summer olympics, not really sure why), I took advantage of getting some sports-related QT.

Here's a quick preview:

-Both teams are A caliber, but my roster's a bit more stacked at the top end. Like Jello, I'm going to be graduating 14 seniors rated 90 or better.

-Both of us use pocket-style passers, with redshirt senior QB's who threw for very high completion %'s. However McGloin for PSU threw for 27/15 td-int ratio, to Crist's 33/5.

-Curtis Dukes gets almost all the carries for PSU, and had a great year with 1443 yards and 19 TD's. ND's top 3 rushers went for 668, 665, and 480. Sometimes this can be an advantage for me since I have a couple different kinds of backs, but if it takes me a full half to figure out which one is going to be more effective it can be a problem.

-Both teams have great WR's and a solid TE. Will be interesting to see the comparison between Heisman winner Deon Spence and true freshman 6'6" phenom Andy Hamilton. Both are extremely dangerous, but neither has great hands.

-OLines are pretty equal. The right side of the Penn State line is very good (96, 94), while ND has 99-rated Watt anchoring at center.

-PSU has a dominant DT in Jordan Hill, who will have a great matchup with Watt, but the rest of the Dline is pretty young. DE appears to be PSU's weakest position. ND's D-line goes 95-99-96-98 when in a 4-man front. In a 3-4 the 96 tackle comes out, but subbed in is 94 rated junior MLB Paul McFarland.

-99-rated LB's Manti Teo and Steve Filer will both play their last game in the gold and blue. Michael Yanchich (95) will play his last game at OLB for the Nittany Lions. Penn State is very good at LB, but ND is phenomenal.

-FS Gerald Hodges is a force in the Penn State defensive backfield. Nickel CB Mike Weeks has been the most dominant player in Notre Dame's secondary this year despite being a true freshman, which may say more about the rest of the ND DB's than anything.

I'd be very disappointed to see all these seniors leave without a championship as close as they've been the last 3 years. And my team will not be nearly as good for a couple seasons, so I think the pressure's definitely on me in that regard. Should be a fun one.