BCS Championship Game Outlook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Mar 27, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

#1 Penn State
    Toughest remaining game: Miami
    Biggest victory: Ohio State (#10 in BCS rankings)
    How they get into BCS Championship Game: Penn State needs to win out its remaining games and hope the BCS polls keep them at top. The Nittany Lions biggest risk is an undefeated SEC school and Virginia Tech remaining undefeated through conference championships. Penn State is not slated to play another ranked school this season, after the Iowa victory this week.

#2 Alabama
    Toughest remaining game: Georgia (assuming both get into SEC Championship)
    Biggest victory: Miami (unranked)
    How they get into BCS Championship: If Bama wins out including SEC Championship, the Tide will be in the #1 spot and in the title game. This week the Tide take on LSU, which will decide which team goes to conference championship. Alabama also has a matchup with Michigan at the end of the regular season and the conference championship against the Bulldogs.

#3 Georgia
    Toughest remaining game: Alabama (assuming both get into SEC Championship)
    Biggest victory: Michigan (unranked)
    How they get into BCS Championship: Their fate will likely be decided in the Georgia Dome when they take on Bama. The Bulldogs also need to take care of business against Miami in week 13. As with Bama, the SEC winner will undoubtedly get a spot in championship game if that team is undefeated.

#4 Virginia Tech
    Toughest remaining game: UCLA
    Biggest victory: Oregon (#5 in BCS rankings)
    How they get into BCS Championship: Like all 3 teams above them, Virginia Tech needs to remain undefeated. The game against UCLA is their most difficult regular season game on the schedule. The Bruins only have 1 loss on the season at this point. It looks like they may play Florida State, not Clemson in the ACC championship at this point.

Other schools in race (need at least 3 of 4 schools above to drop a game)
    #5 Oregon 7-1
    #6 USC 7-1
    #7 Notre Dame 7-1
    #9 UCLA 7-1

Note: #8 Iowa lost to Penn State this week, so they are no longer in the race

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The finale of this season will certainly be interesting.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I say penn st vs Bama.

Who will take Bama down??

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would like to agree but with poll logic in this game I wouldn't be surprised if an undefeated/ACC Champion Virginia Tech leap frogged Nittany Lions for title game spot. I will be rooting for Max to take out the Hokies :).

5. Wick36

Poll ratings wise, I think my schedule may have been the most difficult, but I'm not sure how much that plays into the coaches/media poll.

It's tough to tell what's going to happen, since I think I'm a game behind the other schools (not positive) and then there will be the ACC Championship game. I think it will end up being PSU v SEC Champ, though.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Either way my team will have a tough match. My bowl opponent will either be Virginia Tech or SEC Champ in BCS Championship, or Pac 10 Champ in Rose Bowl.

7. Wick36

I might end up losing to UCLA/Clemson, so that would be hurt my chances. :)