BCS Championship Game

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by GoGators, Jan 7, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

BCS Championship Game

Well, this game sucks with McCoy out. One hit from an SEC defender and he's done for the day. If he's not going to play anymore, he better have a broken bone.

I still can't believe how good Ingram is. I don't know that I've ever seen someone run as well as him. He definitely reminds me of E. Smith.

This game officially looks like a kid (bama) killing ants (texas) with a magnifying glass.

Bama fans, can one of you please do me a favor? Please tell Nick Saban to quit looking into the camera during his on the field half time interviews. It's just creepy!!!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Roll Tide Rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That INT return right before the half reminded me of last year's superbowl!

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Yeah...I have to admit that Ingram is pretty good. I scoffed when people compared him to Emmitt, but I see it.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

How dare we compare anyone with a Florida Gator...

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

McCoy is going to come out with a Superman cape on at the beginning of the 4th quarter...it will be epic...the lights will go out in the stadium...Welcome to the Jungle will begin to play...and he will ride in on a Longhorn with beat red eyes with the cape on...led by his father carrying the American Flag and lead UT to victory!!!!

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Terrible game, mccoy is a softy

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

i cant believe yall are trashing McCoy. Dude is a gamer and if he could play, obviously he would. Still think Texas is gonna eek this one out.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Im not trashing McCoy...I think he is a great QB...but Im telling you Mack has this scripted...lol

10. Beazus Christ

who thinks Bama is shitting their drawers right now? They couldnt possibly lose to a freshman backup QB in the National Title game, could they?

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'll Cosign to that

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Roll Tided

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

they might be crappin out of victory now...Gilbert just couldn't handle the pressure. If it wasn't for Shipley it never would have been close like it got.

14. Beazus Christ

Ehh...perhaps you're right

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Damn gotta feel for McCoy...overall...not a great game, but there have been worse and that could have been much worse. Gilbert brought them back...with the help of Shipley, but Bama dominated. How bout them putting one in late? 40 some secs left...haha. Put it away. Great football team in Alabama. Don't know if I'll be able to watch September 11th of this year when my Nittany Lions travel to Tuscaloosa...

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Good call on Texas eeking it out in the end beazus...Roll Tide.

BTW who r we gonna defend this against next year?

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Hopefully, Jordan improved his Draft stock

18. Beazus Christ

OK Papa Perry you got me...

congrats man

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Bama was never worried. They knew their defense could make any freshman QB shit his pants from a mile away. They mailed it in on offense the 2nd and 3rd because of that fact.
    Either way if Texas receivers wouldnt have dropped so many passes early in Gilberts appearance than maybe the kid would have gotten a rythim earlier and made a game of it.
    The real question is...
    Did you see those guys try to knock Saban out with the Gatorade barrell? They ran in full force and pummelled him in the jugular. Normally coaches smile at that point in time but you could tell Saban wanted more out of a title. He knew they got it easier than they should have because of an injury. Would have liked to see if Texas could keep that first drive momentum going with McCoy on the field. Would have forced Bama to open things up more on both offense and defense.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

People are saying it was an easy win for Bama. Maybe on defense because they were dealing with a freshman Qb who had 26 attempts the whole season. But even then the guy made it a game. I saw Texas' starting defense on the field and Bama just shoved through with their dual HB's. Combined they got about 230 yds and 4 TD. Texas has one of the best rush defenses in the nation and Bama showed them that their backs are better than their defenders. Hell, Ingram seemed to always break the first tackle and run for another 5-6 yards. He had a total of 62yds AFTER the hit, that's like half of his total yardage. Bama just proved they are the better team. I give props to the freshman Qb from Texas, all of a sudden thrown into the biggest game of the year and he brings it within 3? Not many can do that. He had Bama sweating there for a minute. And I couldn't believe that fake punt on 4th and 23, first drive? Come on get real. And then the Bama player gets hit with the ball on the onside...wow...lol

Oh yea and Saban probably has quite the headache now hahaaaa

21. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I don't disagree and they have some talented players and I like Sergio and Houston but how much is that accounted for against Big 12 offenses as most are spread passing offenses.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm just loving all the Texas people saying how they would have won if Colt was in the game.

No you wouldn't have.

Texas was being blown off the ball on both sides of the ball. The only reason it got close in the end was Shipley running 100% perfect routes and creating 8-10 yards of separation by himself and Bama letting off the gas in the 2nd half. I thought Bama letting up was a really dumb move, they should have pounded the will out of the Texas D. They just came out to wrap things up the second half and didn't seem as motivated to shove it down their throats.

I feel for McCoy. Would have liked to see him finish out his career on the field. Gilbert is not a surprise, to me at least. The kid is one of the most prolific Texas High School QBs ever.

23. GoGators

I'm not so sure that Bama let up in the 2nd half. They couldn't throw the ball because Texas' secondary blanketed their WRs and they were able to sack McElnuts time and time again. Texas made Bama one dimensional. Props to Muschamp, I thought he coached pretty well. Bama was the flat out more physical and talented team, but Texas could play with them.

McCoy - one hit by an SEC guy and he's done. His father "no need risking your NFL stock for this game son." What the heck man, when did your draft stock become more important than a BCS game? I miss the old days where guys just wanted to play and win, they weren't concerned about becoming millionaires with every hit they took.

I blame Mack Brown for this one. Without the stupid shovel pass int before half, it was really an unnecessary risk, they would of led in the 2nd half. Gibbert was asked to do too much. I can't understand why as a coach you'd run the same stupid spread off tackle play against Bama and then ask your froshie QB to convert 3rd and longs. It makes no sense. Your idea of protecting the kid is to let him face 3rd and long when the D knows he's passing??? They should have been throwing that tunnel screen on 1st down and then running on 2nd and 3rd.

Texas definitely could have won that game.

In the end, props to Bama on a great season. Congratulations to Nick Saban as well. I wonder if he'll need any dental work after getting jacked with the gatorade cooler???

24. GoGators

Also, how does Texas not have a QB on their depth chart that's a JR or SO? Colt's a 5th year senior, have they really not recruited a QB in 4 years?

25. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    They didn't need to throw the ball. They were averaging 5 yards a carry on the ground. Whether they let up or not, they didn't come out with the same intensity, and that's obvious.

Sources are saying that Colt obviously wanted to come back, but the team doctor wouldn't clear him to play. He had no feeling in the extremities of his throwing arm and decreased strength in his hand. SEC defender or not, it was just the perfect hit to jar his shoulder loose. Could happen to anyone.