BCS Championship Projections

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 16, 2010.

?

Who will play for it all?

1. Two undefeated teams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. One undefeated team and a one-loss team

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Two one-loss teams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Someone presently ranked outside the top ten

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

BCS Championship Projections

OK guys,

What do you think will happen in the final few weeks of the season? So far, we've seen some scares at the top. Both Texas and Oregon have been pushed by CPU teams, and have tough games ahead. Texas has some rivalry games, and a potential match up with Nebraska (a repeat of a very close game earlier this year). Oregon still has to win the Civil War game against Oregon State, and finish out the Pac Ten schedule. VaTech has a shot, but plays undefeated Georgia Tech, and probably at least two users before the season ends. They seem to have the toughest road to the big dance. West Virginia (my dark horse championship game pick) has to play at Pitt, but with no user games and a fairly weak Big East schedule, they look to be undefeated come bowl time.

Time to make some predictions. Post what you think will probably happen.

Me, I'm calling a Pac Ten - Big East final game. I think Oregon is blessed by the almighty, and I think West Virginia has given me no reason to think they will lose. However, I think it's possible that WVU could win out, and still not make the game. It's possible that an early loss (like mine) combined with three quality wins down the stretch (Iowa, Penn State, Michigan) could be enough to get a one loss team in the championship game. We'll see, but those games are a long way from won.

But if Texas and Oregon win out, we're all going to be watching them play for the title. I don't think anyone's catching up.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

gosh...

my heart says Texas loses to Nebraska but my head says no-brainer...

Oregon vs. Texas.

I don't see Oregon losing. I definitely see me losing. If Texas loses...

will be darn close...either be Oregon vs. WV or Oregon vs. Ohio St.

Will be fun.

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Wvu will not get there. Oregon v. Texas.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Oregon Vs. Texas

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

all i have to say and then i will let it die is that if i somehow by God's grace go undefeated and im undefeated with a win over Boise, Miami, FSU, and had to play a championship while Oregon's lame ass is in the title...ill be pissed.

6. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

the cpu is scaring my pants off with the long strikes they have. i think:

Oregon vs. WVU

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm surprised that no one thinks there will be a one loss team in the final. Rivalry games have been really tough wins this year, and there are plenty of scenarios in which guys could take losses. We saw it happen to BYU last week.

I think it's good for the league overall. Also, I think that as we go forward, and we start to lose some of our stud juniors and seniors, we're going to find ourselves very beatable.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I have seen Oregon play,

VA Tech vs Texas

9. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

Va Tech and Miami in the Toilet Bowl game ...

Oh you wanted BCS sorry. I am thinking Oregon vs WVU

10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Alright Arch - just to stroke your ego a bit...

I say Ohio State and VT. Pryor wins the Heisman and you are the god of all things recruiting. :)

11. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

VTech will not win the ACC

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Of the unbeatens, VaTech has the toughest road, WVU the easiest (but they need help) and Texas has the best squad. The rest of us need significant help. There are chances for all the one-loss teams, but with Alabama out there with a single loss, none of us with a loss will get there unless they lose also.

Technically, I am ahead of Bama now, but even if everything breaks my way (or Miami's, FSU's, or Nebraska's, for example) as far as user losses go, Bama will jump ahead if they win the SEC championship game.

Still, we could end up with a number of different scenarios. It's going to be as fun last few weeks.

13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

It took everything I had to beat UConn...my road is the easiest, but I am not very good. I can see Pitt or Rutgers or Cincy dropping me.

I can honestly say that I have no business playing for the title. It should be UT, VT, Oregon or OSU. I could also see Nebraska going if they get past Texas in the championship game. Regardless, it looks like a USER v. USER championship which should be loads of fun.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

There have been a large number of very close user vs. cpu games, which is exactly what I was hoping to get, though we have been able to pull them out in most instances.

But I agree, user vs. user is the most likely scenario. The CPU is tough, but not quite even with us, yet.

I wonder what things will be like after a little progression? My understanding of it is that everyone is going to drop, meaning it will be nearly impossible to maintain teams that are A quality. These teams will be fairly rare. If this is the case, the CPU might become even more of a challenge as we move into years three and four. I wonder if we'll be able to stack up at the top of the polls when this happens. I'm thinking we won't.