Archived BCS CHAOS GAME OF THE WEEK FORUM

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Oct 31, 2010.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

WEEK 3

GAME
    Of The
    WEEK

Features

THE TROJANS OF USC AND THE BUCKEYES OF OHIO STATE

#10[​IMG] vs #7 [​IMG]

Both the Trojans and Buckeyes are coming off early season losses and look to bounce back in the win column. The Trojans were shocked by The Virginia Tech Hokies 24-14 in their season opener. Trojan QB Matt Barkley wasn’t his usual cool and collect self as he only completed 9 of his 20 passing attempts for 196yds with no td’s and an int. The Hokies dominated the time of possession in the game 18:00 min to just 10:00 for the Trojans. USC RB, DJ Morgan was the only highlight of the game, rushing for 52yds on 10 carries with 2td’s on the day. If USC is to bounce back and regarner some National spotlight, they must play more consistent on offense and keep opposing offenses off the field.

Despite the final score, the Buckeyes played a pretty good game. The key components to The Buckeyes loss were those ugly turnovers. The true freshman QB, Byron Dawson, played like a veteran at times and a rookie at others. He made some great throws and some terrible ones. The only thing that can improve his skill level and game management ability is time and experience. He did complete 13 of his 21 attempts for 181yds and 1 td, but four turnovers against anyone, no matter how good your team may be, is hard to overcome. If the Buckeyes are to get back to their winning ways, they must keep the turnovers under control. A good thing for the Buckeyes, however, is that they get to try to right the ship in front of the home crowd!

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Nice write-up. I think i'll take the buckeyes because of home field 27-17

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

ohio state 28 USC 14

4. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Barkley is hard to stop. USC bounces back to win 38-35.

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Game has been played. USC 31 - Ohio State 28. Barkley lead a 4th quarter comeback drive like he did last year in the shoe. TD pass with 0:14 seconds left in the game.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good win Tubb.... looks like he abused those linebackers as well:)

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

i played the run(toss) all game and when he was one on one with my linebackers and they missed, I got gashed lol.

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

Didn't he still have over 250yds rushing though?

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

He got a 72yd run by his Qb, a 59 yd run from 1 rb and 36 yd run from another...Those three plays total 167 yds. Outside of those plays I think my Def did a good job. Especially on the turnovers.

10. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oh, Ok!

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah those big runs killed you but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the W... I'm glad you won though... now you can stop bitching that run dominant teams automatically win:)

12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I do think the sliders are giving running teams a little bit of an advantage..Take away the fumble return and the Int by the Defensive tackle and I think I win... and no disrespect to Bigtubb but they were kinda fluke plays. Still beating myself up for passing when I got inside the 10. After the game was over I felt like I could have ran alot more and probably should have...(ecspecially with C. Smith dude will be a beast next year). I do like the sliders alot though.... Tubb Im not hating on the 2 touchdown returns i won the Title last year because of back to back ints by my defensive lineman lol

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

to back!

14. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I was thinking it was? I know they werent very far apart thats for sure lol

15. BG

BG On The Rize!

Week 5

GAME
    OF THE
    WEEK

FEATURES

The Louisiana State Tigers vs The Notre Dame Fighting Irish

#8 [​IMG] vs #11 [​IMG]

The Tigers travel to South Bend to go toe to toe with The Irish for a mid season top 25 matchup. Bothe teams come into the game with one loss a piece. The Irish, which have the #1 passing offense in the nation, are lead by their Senior QB, Dayne Christ. Christ has emassed over 1800yds and 15 tds in only four games this season. His numero uno target with the ball would without a doubt be Shaquelle Evans. Evans has reeled in 22 receptions for 650yds and 9 tds. The dynamic duo is very difficult to defend and give opposing teams fits at attempting to do. But if one team in the country can go blow for blow talent wise with ND would have to be the LSU Tigers.​

The Tigers find ways to get the job done. To counter act the high octane passing game of the Irish, The Tigers will look to slow down Evans with some good defensive play. Lead by "shutdown" corner, Morris Claiborne, he has the ability and attributes to contain a talent such as Evans. Being able to lockup up with the Notre Dame receivers, frees up the defense to put pressure on Christ and make his reads more difficult. On offense, The Tigers are also telent ladened. The have probably the deepest core of RB's and WR's in the nation. The key here is getting the ball in their hands so they can be effective. I believe this game will come down to who has the ball when the final horn sounds.​

Can LSU come into hostile territory and slow the offensive jugernaut in South Bend or will Dayne Christ and Shaquelle Evans be to much for the Tigers to handle? CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!!!

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I put my money on ND to keep it close... hopefully Max knocks out Crist for the year though:)

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

down goes Christ down goes Christ...lol jk...Let me shut up before Barkley gets knocked out....

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LOL... his numbers are crazy, I have to hate on 'em:)... I think the lack of a rushing presence will cause some issues for Notre Dame... I don't think throwing the ball 50 times this week will work, not against a user but I think Crist will keep the score closer than Vegas (NDColts) thinks...

LSU 29
    Notre Dame 27

19. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

when was the last time you saw a college team score 29....wtf lol....

20. BG

BG On The Rize!

LMAO!

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You should gamble in real life and you'll see why I picked such a weird score... but then again it really doesn't matter as long as Drunken covers;)... if we were betting over under 55 or some shit, you'd see some dumb ish like this frequently... matter of fact watch Chris Berman's swami picks. Ever wonder why he has weird scores to his games? He's actually trying to predict betting lines. He's basically trying to give his viewers his over/under prediction. I'll show you how to do this son!!:)

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And no I've never seen a college football score with 29 and if I did I wouldn't remember anyway:)

23. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

LSU wins 28-17. Yup.

24. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'll be happy with any sort of win and holding Crist under 450 yards would just feel like a bonus. Evans doesn't worry me as much as the rest of the team because I really only have Claiborne to shut down 1 guy. The rest of the WR could have a field day.

25. BG

BG On The Rize!

WEEK 7

GAME
    Of The
    WEEK

FEATURES

The Florida State Seminoles and The Virginia Tech Hokies

#1 [​IMG] vs #19 [​IMG]

As far as rivalries go, this one has become monumental. A matchup of the last two ACC Champions, the Seminoles and Hokies will be ready to do battle in Blacksburg @8:00 p.m est (7cnt) on Sportscenter (The World Wide Leader in Sports). With Ryan Williams being probable due to his recent hip injury, The Hokies will have backup RB, David Wilson, ready for action. The 5’10” 197pd speedster has seen some action this year; rushing for 172yds on 25 carries with 2tds. He has great ability can hurt a defense if he gets to the outside. The most underrated position on the Hokie will have to be the play of QB, Ju Ju Clayton. The SR signal caller has thrown for 959yds and 9tds to only 2 ints thus far this season. He is off to a great season and will look to continue his quest for excellence.

The FSU Seminoles on the other hand, have a true SOPH at QB, who saw very limited action last season as he patiently waited his turn behind All Everything E.J. Manuel. Now its his turn to shine and he is not disappointing. His season got off to a rocky start as he threw for 4 ints and 0 td’s in his first collegiate start. However, he has rebounded nicely to throw for 1636yds and 16tds in just 5 games of work. His favorite targets would have to be SR. WR Willie Haulstead and SOPH WR Greg Dent. Each have combined for 807yds and 8 tds this season. The running game has been somewhat anemic this season, but the Noles did have their best rushing performance of the season last week against the Demon Deacons as they totaled 194yds on 34 carries.

Will the upset minded Hokies and the home field advantage be too much for The Noles to handle or will FSU show they are a “REAL” contender for a National Title? CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!!!