BCS Chaos (NCAA '11): Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Week 1 Results

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

We played great this week on our bye.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida looks good in opener, wins 45-0

The Florida Gators travelled to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to take on the Southern Miss Golden Eagles and looked good in the process. The Gators got it done on offense:

Freshman stud Clarence Webster takes a pitch for 6.

And on defense:

Captain Sharif Floyd gets a rare DL INT

Trey Burton managed coach 2Bits' spread option attack well, accounting for 4 total TDs on offense (3 rush, 1 pass). Clarence Webster will be a difference maker for the Gators this season. The nation's #1 recruit had 96 yards on 15 carries. Tyrone Gray, last season's #1 WR prospect, made a huge impact in this game. The sophomore caught 5 passes for 111 yards and a score. Florida's WR core is loaded. The only question is: can Burton and Swain deliver the football to them.

Leading up to the game coach 2Bits was lull on who would start this week, playing his QB situation very close to the vest. "We thought Trey had a slightly better week of practice, but we will have Swain ready to go each game." I can already hear the grumbling in Baton Rouge...

Next: @ Miami (3:30 ABC)

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Oregon comes out and destroys Hawaii. 41-16. Starters were out late in 2nd quarter. Oregon passing attack was 4-7 129yds 1td. 28 rushes 198yds 2tds

Oregon had 2 INTs they returned for touchdowns this week and it was 41-7 at halftime the second half was all mop up duty and eating the clock

5. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Rutgers 12 at #17 Auburn 28
    This is supposed to be a promising year for Auburn, but they sure have work to do after their first game's results. After being shut out in the first half by Rutgers, Auburn got their act together in the second half by wearing down Rutgers' D with the ground game. The first Auburn TD came midway in the third quarter and fired up the nervous fans:​
    TD #2 came less than a minute later after Auburn's defense forced one of their three interceptions:​
    Rutgers responded with a TD but missed on their 2 point conversion. Auburn QB Clint Moseley responded on connecting on a long TD to Jeremy Richardson...one of his only two completions all game...yes I said two. Michael Dyer got his third TD late in the fourth quarter to put the game away:​
    The passing game was frightful, but there's no where to go but up. Moseley finished 2-11 passing. The defense on the other hand, was very impressive, especially the front four. Even after losing their sack leader Nosa Equae to the draft, Auburn's defensive line was able to produce 9 sacks...7 in the first half.​
    Key Stats:​
    - Michael Dyer 24 carries, 234 yards, 3 TD's​
    - DE Craig Sanders, 4 sacks​
    - 3 FF, none recovered :rolleyes:
    - SS Ashton Howard, 6 tackles, 2 int's​

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

:eek::eek::eek:

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Practice this week

8. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah it felt like it the spread in Eugene is amazing cant wait to get my 4.5 qb

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Nah, I meant I had a (bye) practice week. Hell you had one too...lol. Like an SEC playing Georgia State or the Citadel....lol

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ann Arbor, MI- The #3 Wolverines made quick work of the Eastern Michigan Eagles 45-18 in front of a packed Michigan stadium. Devin Gardner's first game under center went smoothly as he went 10-11 for 139 yards and 2 touchdowns. He didn't have a turnover as his only incompletion was a drop by a wide open R. Miller. Fitzgerald Toussaint, who split carries last season with Vincent Smith, had a huge first game as well as he ran for 211 yards on only 17 carries. The junior tailback had 3 touchdowns on the ground as all of his damage happened in the first half. In that first half the Wolverines jumped out to a 35-6 lead and practice for the starters was officially over.
    The second string struggled a bit in the second half but second string HB Clarence Williams was able to rush for 96 second half yards, including a 75 yard burst, to help seal the game for the Wolverines.
    Next week the Wolverines are on a bye as they prepare for arch rival #21 Notre Dame.
    Recruiting News: :4stars: WR Bryce Battle committed to Michigan this week. He is the first recruit to sign with the Wolverines this season!

11. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Nice win Jerzey. Is that the template I gave max? Looking good.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yup! Right now I'm trying to find a Big 10 network layout. May make it myself once I get good at PS. Max gave me this a while ago and I just figured it out. He said he'd help me but I like figuring things out by myself. I used a free online photoshop (like) program. After hours of frustration I finally figured it out, not the best but I think I'll get used to it. Not trying to 'play out' the template either just wanted to try some PS magic. And I forgot about that site, had me visiting it more lately;)

13. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Ohio State dominates Ohio in the season opener 49 to 13

The Buckeyes would jump on OU early in the first when Sophmore corner J. Noble picked off OU quarterback T. Tettleton and took it back 73 yards for his first career TD. Noble would finish with 2 pics and 5 tackles on the day. It was 21 to nothing OSU before OU got on the board off of a Buckeye turnover. The Buckeyes would come right back with a R. Smith TD run and another pic 6 this time by Christian Bryant. It was 35 to 7 Buckeyes at the half. The Buckeyes would kill the clock in the second half. The Buckeyes would finish with a pair of 100 yard rushers, but the story of the game was the defense who scored enough points to win the game by themselves.

Next up for OSU the Alabama Crimson Tide

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Devon Gardner looks like he will be trouble in The Swamp:eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BG

BG On The Rize!

What a Start to 2013!

Both offenses look to be in mid-season form as Florida State outscores Texas.

The Florida State Seminoles had their hands full all game long as the "loaded" Texas Longhorns were seemingly unstoppable. Each team trade scores each qtr, but it came down to the team who essential had the ball last. FSU QB, Marcus Adams throw for a career high 552yds and 4 tds to just 1 int on 24 of 36 passing attempts. The Noles had three receivers that had over 100yds and a td each.

Final Score:

Florida St: 49

Texas: 42

16. NDCOLTS1979

I cant figure out how to make this ive tried a million times

17. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

It looked good Jerzey, my biggest suggestion is to upload the photo on the PS3 to the EAsports.com site. That way the image is in a higher resolution. I'll explain it further if you want.

18. Maximus21

Post em up

19. Maximus21

#16 [​IMG] @ #5 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LSU jumped out to a 17-0 lead with 2:12 remaining in the 2nd qtr., thus making Coach Maximus expect this game to turn into a laugher. However, the easy running lanes and wide open spaces for the passing attack banished from that point of the game until near the end of the 4th. TCU was unwilling to go down easy, which makes sense since they are ranked #16. It seems that they just got out of the gate slowly and we're awed by the bright lights of Death Valley. Once they settled in it was a tough contest. By the end of the day they had tallied 390 yards of offense. TCU's QB Tim Clemons was 23 of 38 for 266 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. HB Ethan Grant had 19 carries for 107 yards and even completed 2 of 3 passes for 33 yards out of the wildcat.​
    One drive in particular reminded Coach Maximus of his old pal Emperor Commodus:​
    In the 4th quarter TCU found itself facing 4th and 18 after a tackle for a loss and sack on consecutive plays by LSU's MLB Michael Smith. That was no trouble at all, as a WR was wide open over the middle of the field. LSU's safeties were found picking daisies on the 30 yard line instead of playing football. Two more 4th downs were converted on the drive, which ended on a 3 yard TD pass to WR Curtis Carter.​
    After recovering an onside kick, LSU decided to drive a dagger through their opponents' heart. On the first play of the drive QB Adam Fitzpatrick hit WR Tharold Simon on a deep in route for a 38 yard catch-and-run TD. LE Sam Montgomery got 2 sacks on TCU's final possession to close out LSU's first victory of 2013. LSU will need a much better offensive and defensive effort if they really hope to take home the elusive National Title.​
    Week 3: @ #18 West Virginia​
    [​IMG]

20. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

MSU upsets #3 Va Tech in Lansing 27-21 closes thus far in this rivals series between Coach Beastmode and Jvig. First quarter was slow both ways as MSU recieves the ball first and went down field and punted. Va tech had the momentum from the defensive side of the ball finishing the first score of the day with a 3 yard Wilson run 7-0 end of the first quarter. The following series spartans had some great passes thrown by Boisture finish with a 6 yard option run touchdown. Spartans stop a fast hokie offense but manage to get them to punt the ball, and msu drove down field with a 20 yard field goal. Spartans defense are stud's like the Big 10 blog stats with a monster at middle linebacker. Running two minute offense MSU qb Boisture started getting the ball thrown all over the field connecting with 7 different recievers. Keith Mumphrey will be a special player catching a 44 yard touchdown pass over two defenders on the sideline breaking a tackle to score 7-17 halftime.
    Second half hokies wasn't laying down that easy getting down field with a strong passing game. Wilson ended the drive for a 1 yard score to help get the game back close 14-17 end of the third quarter. Spartans didnt have much leading into the fourth quarter with starting runningback hurt for a series, but manage to get down field to kick another 24 yard fg. MSU played great defense on the following drive bringing a monster blitz that forced the qb to throw and Sr cornerback gray got his 2nd interception of the day taking it to the house for 6. As the fourth gets to the end Hokies start to get the mojo back with the arm of Thomas connecting to Cole 4 yard pass. After kicking deep Hokies failed to stop the spartans offense on two first down conversion to help take a knee and end the game 21-27.

key stats:
    passing:
    J.Boisture 20/28 292 1 td 0 int

L.Thomas 15/22 180 1 td 3 int

rushing:
    D.Wilson 11 att 43 2 td

receiving:
    K.Mumphrey 6 rec 118 1 td

D.Coles 6 rec 126 1 td

21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida wins shootout with Miami, 49-35

This was a benchmark game for Florida. Last year the Gators lost in OT to Miami in The Swamp, a loss that would send them on an emotional roller coaster of a season. Florida had high hopes coming off of a great performance in Hattiesburg, but questions about the QB position linger. Perhaps no longer.

Miami took the ball first, and early in the first series of the game...

Miami HB Mike James takes a swing pass 68 yards to the house! 7-0 Canes.

The Gators, however, would respond with Trey Burton at the helm:

Burton finds sophomore Brad Robinson over the middle to tie the game.

The game then turned into the gun fight at the O.K. Corral:

Trey Burton was Miami's huckleberry. After trading touchdowns to bring the game to 14 all, Burton threw a pick which led to Miami points, 21-14 Canes. After a Clarence Webster TD, Florida would make a huge special teams play:

Dylan Zeigler lays the BOOM and Brad Robinson is Johnny on the spot!

Burton and Marcus Hill finished the job:

Miami actually turned the ball over again, which led to an Andre Debose TD. Florida had a 35-21 lead at the half.

The Canes would get a 3rd quarter TD to cut the lead to 35-28, but in the 4th Burton and true sophomore Tyrone Gray provided the back-breaker with a 80 yard TD pass (for some reason I could not upload the vid:(.

Player of the Game:
    Trey Burton: 18/27, 320 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INT, 1 rush TD

Next: Michigan (3:30 PM, CBS)

22. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes get blasted by Alabama 42 to 30
    The number 7 ranked Buckeyes traveled to Tucscaloosa to take on the Crimson Tide. Someone must have told the Buckeyes the wrong start time for the game, as Bama would jump out to an early 14 to 0 lead. The Buckeyes would answer back with a long drive, but had to settle for three early in the second quarter. Bama however would come right back. When TB B. Mosley ,who finished with 250 yards rushing on 30 carries, found K. Kelly on a 72 yard HB pass out of the wildcat formation. And it was 21 to 3 Bama before the Buckeyes new what hit them. Ohio State was forced to abandon the run game early in hopes to catch up, but the problem was Alabama never slowed down. Both teams would continue to trade big plays as OSU tried to fight its way back into the game. Finally in the fourth the Buckeyes would cut it to 35 to 30 with just under 6 minutes to go. Thats when B. Moseley put the finishing touches on a monsterous day. Going right up the gut untouched for an 83 yard TD run. That would take the wind out of the Buckeyes handing them their first loss of the season.
    "Its real dissapointing the way our front 7 got manhandeled this week. We have good players down there and Mosley was breaking into the secondary untouched just about every time he touched the ball" said coach buckeye after the game. We better get our act together upfront or its going to be another dissapointing season for us.

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I just was no huddled to death by Notre Dame... they stayed in 5 wide the whole game... that shit was crazy!! Notre Dame 45 Michigan 38

24. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Notre Dame played in the spirit of Drunken for real..lol He doesn't no huddle but 4 and 5 WR sets are used for the entire game

25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Man this is the best dynasty.....damn the CPU represents. The other dynasties get soooooooooooo boring. Everyone has 9-3, 10-2 or better records because they go undefeated versus the CPU. Not here, BCS Chaos for sure.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.