BCS Chaos (NCAA '11): Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Season 5 Week 1

2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]
    Player Of The Game:​
    HB Jared Stanley​
    29 Carries 186 yds 3 TD's​
    [​IMG]

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Drunken, glad to see you back in the fold. Nice win. Florida is on a bye, and will open the season against UCF in The Swamp next Saturday.

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

A Much-Needed Win

Bulls are no match for Florida State.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tallahasse- In a season where Coach Forever has a lot of concern of what his team's identity would entail, a few of those questions where answered tonight, while a few still remain. First we start with the QB position. First year starter, Clint Trickett proved he has the attributes to play at this level. In his first collegiate start, The SR signal caller threw for an astounding 403yds and 3 td's in his debut. He also spread the wealth as he threw td passes to three different receivers. The running game wasn't overly dominate, but consistent as HB Anthony Lewis ran for 128yds on 19 car with 3 td's. The biggest concern was on the defensive side of the ball. With the departure of MLB Jeff Luc to graduation, The Noles would need a new comer to step up; and that he did. True Freshman LB, Brent Mathews stole the show. The 6'4 243 lb LB did it all. He recorded 9 solo tackles, had 2 sacks, forced a fumble and had 2 ints on the day. He was rewarded with Player of The Game for his heroics in the contest.

Final Score:

FSU: 49

USF: 27

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good wins fellaz... Drunken I see the time off almost crept up on you:).... and I think Brent Matthews will be my DPOTY.... whoever forever uses normally puts up numbers

6. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

The Vanderbilt Commodores traveled to to take on the Buckeyes in the first game of season 5. The
    Buckeyes once agin looked some what disappointing on the offensive side of the ball as they
    got stuffed in the redone early on and had to settle for a FG on another trip, but luckily the defense came up with 2 big plays that set up scores. The first was this fumble forced by Kory Fleming

That fumble led to a 35 yard TD pass from B. Dawson to E. Flanagan. The first TD pass of the season gave the bucks a 10 to 0 lead after 1.

The second quarter was much of the same for the Bucks as the defense played dominate, and set up another FG on this INT by Juco transfer J. Cantrell

the offense failed to put the pesky commodores away having to settle for another FG. Vandy would get their only score of the game after an erant WR screen pass by B. Dawson them up at the 20. The Bucks would grind out the clock in the scond half as R. Smith would finish with 128 yards on 21 carries and a TD. Basil would add another FG finishing 4-4 on the day with a 53 yarder.

Final Score: 26 to 7 Bucks
    next up the Buckeyes travel to TCU before hosting the loaded Longhorns

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

whoops you guys are smart im sure you can figure out which highlight goes were :thumbsup:

8. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Excellent posts fellas! I'll have the USC @ VT summary soon.

9. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

[​IMG] University of Souther California Trojans @ [​IMG] Virginia Tech Hokies

Pregame- Last year the Hokies came out of Southern Cal with a victory after getting a last second FG. This year the match ups have changed and the Hokies were concerned about QB Siegal and the speed of the USC offense.​

The Hokies got the ball first and immediatly went to work as SR (RS) QB Ricardo Young completed passes that went for several first downs and Freshman RB Daniel Miller pounded the ball up the middle. This drive finished with a TD pass from Young to Freshman TE Dallas Gant (who was also heavily recruited by USC last yr) frm 8 yards out.​

[​IMG]

USC would stall out on their first drive and were forced to punt but the Hokies went down the field but couldnt get the ball past the USC 40 and were forced to punt. USC would capitalize on this drive going over 90 yards and finishing with a 15 yard TD pass.​

Again the USC defense would force the Tech offense to punt. Siegal just took advantage of the Hokie secondary by throwing perfect passes all over the field and finished this drive with an 8 yard TD pass to his WR.​

With less than 2 mins left before halftime the Hokies pounded the ball down to the redzone. As time began to come to the final seconds Young would find WR Karl Howe for an 8 yard TD pass. USC 14 VT 14​

The Trojans got the ball in the 3rd and made a huge play right out the gate going 58 yards on a pass from Siegal. Tech would answer right back with a long 21 yard TD run from Fr RB Daniel Miller. The game was tied 21-21 heading into the 4th.​

This is when the game just went crazy. Siegal made his first mistake of the game by throwing a pick to JR Safety Nick Dew. Tech took advantage with a 21 yard pass from Young to RB miller. On the next USC possession the Hokies put the blitz on Siegal and managed to hit him hard enough to take him out the game. The very next play Tech blitzed again and the USC back up QB got hit while he was throwing the ball and OLB Jeron Gouv Winslow intercepted the pass then took it in from 21 yards out.​

The pressure was all on the Trojans now. USC just made quick work on the Hokie seconday going over 80 yards and finishing with a 36 yard TD pass in less than a minute. Coach Jvig said "after that TD I knew that the pressure was back on us to close out this game since USC is too dangerous. They have the ability to come back and win in a blink of an eye". After Miller got a first down on the ground the Hokies went with a quick pass and Young found SR WR Hughes who went 53 yards for the score. The score was now 42-28 with only 1 minute left.​

The Trojans got to the Tech redzone but the Hokie defense forced Siegal's second mistake of the day. Siegal quickly threw the ball in the endzone which got intercepted by JR CB Carlos Bryant.​

[​IMG]

In an attempt to run the clock, Miller busted up the B gap for a 12 yard gain only to get the ball stripped out of his hands. Siegal would get his 4th TD of the day with 17 secs left to try and get this game into overtime. The Hokies would recover the onside kick and kneel out the rest of the game.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GG Tubb!!!

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Great Win/Summary @Jvigorous1

@bigtubb_ To be real (only way I know;)) I didn't believe in Siegel. I thought he was the product of poor opponents in his way but throwing for 377 in a user game made me a believer. Maybe one day you'll learn to run that ball though:) and help that kid out!

11. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Thanks Jerzey.

From 2 years of experience....Siegal is for real! Even the best defenses can't stop a perfectly thrown pass and Siegal accuracy is crazy.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah but it was this game that made me believe... oh and thanks for getting the schedules knocked out so quickly...

13. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]
    The 2014 season started off with a cupcake for LSU. Kansas State put very little effort into the game, so this reporter is going to take it easy on the game summary. This game did not provide a good tuneup for facing off with the powerful offense of USC, so LSU will have to rely on their previous experience heading into that game.
    [​IMG]
    Game Notes
    Kansas State
    • QB Billy Cosh: 12/25, 97 Yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 Sack
    • HB Deveon Dinwiddie: 9 Att, 18 Yards
    • LE Grant Shelton: 6 Tackles, 3 TFL
    • DT Dontae Harmon: 3 Total Tackles, 3 TFL
    • Offense: 112 Total Yards, 6 1st Downs, 1/10 on 3rd Downs, 1/1 on 4th Down, 4 Turnovers (1 Fum, 3 INT)
    • Defense: 9 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 INT, 1 FR

LSU
    • QB Adam Fitzpatrick: 10/12, 163 Yards, 1 TD, 1 Sack
    • HB Kenneth Harley: 14 Att, 83 Yards, 2 TD
    • HB Justin Miller: 12 Att, 78 Yards, 2 TD
    • WR Tharold Simon, 7 Rec, 126 Yards, 1 TD
    • MLB Adam Richardson: 5 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 Pass Defl
    • ROLB Matt Davis: 6 Total Tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Pass Defl
    • RE Roland Duckett: 3 Tackles, 2 TFL
    • CB Terrell Harrell / SS Reggie Leak: 3 Tackles, 1 INT, 1 Pass Defl [Each]
    • CB Eric Reid: 1 Tackle, 1 INT, 1 Pass Defl
    • Offense: 320 Total Yards, 15 1st Downs, 5/8 on 3rd Downs, 2 Turnovers (1 Fum, 1 INT)
    • Defense: 11 TFL, 1 Sack, 3 INT, 1 FR
    Week 2: @ USC

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Take your stat game and love it! I don't get any type of warm up heading into Norman in Week 2 to face the Sooners!! Bloodbath in the making for me:)

15. Maximus21

At least I got Penn State on the schedule. I guess 1 out of 3 of my requests isn't bad. Jack better beat Boise this time. Plus all 3 of my user games are on the road.

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

17. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

#2 Florida struggles at The Swamp in opener, wins 21-7

This is not what Florida Gator fans were hoping for. In what was expected to be an afternoon massacre in The Swamp, the Florida Gators fell into their own trap. UCF moved the ball consistently on Florida's D and mistakes by Florida allowed the Knights to stay in the game. Particularly bad was the play of Junior quarterback Anthony Swain. The heralded heir-apparent to Trey Burton threw 2 successive INTs in the redzone, prompting coach 2Bits to replace him with freshman Joe Allen.

Allen played well, going 15/21 for 237 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Tyrone Gray and Clarence Webster carried the load offensively for Florida. Webster had 2 TDs on the ground and Gray finished the game with 6 catches for 151 yards and a TD.

After the game coach 2Bits was asked about his QB situation: "I don't know. Ask me again after we practice tomorrow night. Because we are practicing tomorrow night." Somebody sounds grumpy...

Next: @#6 Tennessee (6:00 PM ESPN 2)

Also...I would have saved vids, but was so pissed after looking at the stat sheet I exited the game and forgot. My bad, yo.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

+10000000^^^^

Only in Gainesville does a QB get pulled after two interceptions:)

19. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes trounce the Horned
    Frogs 48 to 14

[​IMG]
    What was supposed to be a statement game for non AQ team TCU. Ended up being a Heisman showcase for Senior HB. R. Smith. Ohio State did all the scoring early on as R. Smith got his first of 4 TDs in the first quarter. R. Keller would pick a fumble on the ensuing kick and it was 14 to 0 Buckeyes before the frogs new what hit them. Smith would find the endzone agin to start the second and R. Brewster would catch a 37 yard TD pass at the end of the half to make it 31 to 0 Buckeyes at the half. Smith would finish the frogs out in the third with runs of 60 and 43 before Coach Benbuckeye would call off the horses. TCU would add some garbage TDs late to make the final 48 to 14.

Smith would finish with 197 yards on 17 carries and 4 TDs. B. Dawson wasnt spectacular, but threw 0 pics and completed over 60 percent of his passes. "If we get that kinda play from Bryan and our Defense its going to be a good year. The Buckeyes will find out what kinda year it will be next week when they host the loaded Longhorns in what will be a tough early test
    http://www.easports.com/dynasty#

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Wolverines Violate Sooners in Norman 28-14
    Norman, OK- The Michigan Wolverines were predicted to lose this one big. They were predicted to be still rebuilding after a dismal 6-7 campaign last season. Their youth was predicted to hurt them. Their unknown (low overall) players were predicted to be dominated. I guess the Wolverines didn't get that memo.
    Michigan came out of the gates with a since of urgency. With no 'warm up' game before the Sooners the Wolverines didn't know what to expect in their first 'real' game.
    Michigan's quarterback Devin Gardner (13/15 218yds 1TD 0INT) looked spectacular throughout this one. He led Michigan on a long opening drive to put them on top 7-0 after HB Austin White (10att 55yds 3TD) punched it in from a short distance out. It would take OU only 3 plays themselves to knot the score at 7.
    Gardner would navigate another long drive and Austin White would score his second touchdown of the game to give the Wolverines a 14-7 lead.
    Oklahoma would knot the score early in the second half as halfback Roy Finch (15att 115yds 2TD) would cross the goal line. But today was just not their day as Devin Gardner, for the 3rd time in the game, orchestrated another long drive. This time he would throw :5stars: recruit James Oliver a 9 yard strike to give the Wolverines the lead.
    The Wolverine defense settled in against the Sooners but could not get them off the field. With OU driving inside Wolverine territory late in the fourth Michigan would finally put the nail in the coffin. Hard hitting S Clint Everett would jar the ball loose from an OU receiver and the potent Wolverine offense would pound it all the way down the field for the final tally of the game with 37 seconds left ending any hopes of a miracle.
    Next Week the Wolverines travel to Rice (WTF?!) to take on a fiesty Owls team.
    GG ticket!

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I just got the worst whooping I've had in a long time. I refuse to comment on this game after tonight . I told you guys my Defense sux and this proves it. Im gonna try and run a new defense. Maybe 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 or something...I usually play that bend but dont break 4-3 multiple base defense. If I lose I would lose by a max 10 points but usually by 3. This time i figured i would lose to max playing the way i usually do, so I play aggressive. My bitch ass defense was exposed. When my guys were one on one versus his HB's it was a TD everytime. Granted I should have lost because of my own mistakes. My defense did not step up to the plate which forced my offense to play erratic at best and take unwarrented chances. Max LB's are beasts but it was his offense that scared me and for good reason.

LSU 38
    USC 20

Max that play from the 2 yard line was bs...my team lost its mojo after that lol.

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

p.s. can someone teach my guys how to tackle......

23. Maximus21

Damn Jerzey "violating" the new guy. Keep your head up ticket, Jerzey can usually rise to the occasion versus tough teams.

@bigtubb_ - My man Harley beat your mega blitz for that 98 yard pass. Just too talented lol.

24. Maximus21

[​IMG]
    USC desperately needed a victory in this game to have a shot at a national title but it was not meant to be for the Trojans. LSU's talented backfield was too much for their defense to handle. The rushing game was so successful that when LSU did pass the ball they went 11 out of 12 since USC was geared up to stop the run.
    Both defenses played very well at the start. USC was forced to punt with around a minute left in the 1st qtr. and they got a perfect coffin corner punt that went out of bounds at the 2 yard line. LSU expected a big time run blitz so a pass was called. QB Adam Fitzpatrick didn't really have time to set up so he just dumped the ball off to HB Kenneth Harley. A good block by WR Kadron Boone gave Harley ample room to run. A spin move and a broken tackle allowed Harley to go 98 yards for the score and an early 7-0 lead for the Tigers. USC was able to rebound with a 29 yard FG after LSU FS Gordon Patterson dropped an INT in the end zone. LSU was able to punch the ball in after two unsuccessful plays from 1st & Goal inside the 5. Harley's 4 yard TD extended the lead to 14-3. USC got inside LSU's 10 right before the half. MLB Adam Richardson sacked QB Kawika Siegel on 2nd down. Siegel tried a quick pass on 3rd down so that they would still have time for a FG but the clock ran out and USC came away with 0 points.
    USC got the ball to start the 2nd half but the first play from scrimmage resulted in an INT by LSU CB Eric Reid (pictured above). A 32 yard TD run by Harley followed and upped the lead to 21-3. USC HB Brooks Bennett was not ready to give up, and he took the pitch to the right and scampered 76 yards to pay dirt. Sadly (from the Trojan point of view) Harley was not about to let the game get away from LSU. He took a handoff heading left and quickly saw the USC defense overpursuing that way. He cut to the right and ran unimpeded 56 yards for his 3rd rushing score of the day. Another Southern Cal FG made the score 28-13 at the end of the 3rd qtr. Midway through the 4th LSU's Justin Miller found the end zone at the end of a 22 yard run. USC was able to put another score on the board but LSU recovered the onside kick and tacked on a 48 yard FG to make it a 3 score game. USC tried throwing some more but CB Scott Hill picked off Siegel to end the game.
    [​IMG]
    Game Notes
    LSU
    • QB Adam Fitzpatrick: 11/12, 183 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
    • HB Kenneth Harley: 20 Att, 150 Yards, 3 TD; 2 Rec, 102 Yards, 1 TD
    • HB Justin Miller: 13 Att, 69 Yards, 1 TD
    • MLB Adam Richardson: 7 Total Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack
    • FS Gordon Patterson: 5 Total Tackles, 2 Pass Defl
    • CB Eric Reid / CB Scott Hill: 1 INT each
    • Offense: 395 Total Yards, 12 1st Downs, 7/10 on 3rd Down, 0 Turnovers
    • Defense: 6 TFL, 2 Sacks, 5 Pass Defl, 1 FF, 0 FR
    USC