BCS Chaos (NCAA '11): Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

• Like Like x 3
  2. Maximus21

[​IMG]
    Pundits across the nation often think the LSU Tigers are nuts for their stringent scheduling practices. In this case they were right to question LSU. Taking on the #11 Nebraska Cornhuskers in Lincoln is a fool's errand and LSU almost lost their #1 spot in the rankings in their quest for a challenging opponent. The Huskers defense stifled new starting QB Jon Welsh and held star tailback Kenneth Harley to 4.6 ypc, a far cry from the 7.1 clip he had in 2014. Nebraska's offense was led by star QB Marcus Taylor, who had a solid if unspectacular day. If not for an injury to HB Todd Coker, Nebraska may have knocked off the Tigers easily. He had 45 yards on 7 touches before he left with an abdominal tear.
    Taylor found a receiver in the back of the end zone for a 20 yard score in the 1st qtr. LSU was unable to get on the board until midway through the 2nd with a 54 yard FG by Aaron Luke. The Cornhuskers hit pay dirt again with a 1 yard plunge by FB Harold Butler on 4th & Goal with 44 seconds left in the half. Luckily for the Tigers, freshman K Ben Jefferson's nerves got the best of him and he missed the XP.
    Good defense by both sides in the 3rd frame lead to 0 points being scored. However, LSU ended the 3rd inside the red zone and were able to capitalize with an 11 yard slant to WR Brian Copeland for a TD. With the score 13-10 Nebraska, the Huskers went 3 and out on their next possession. LSU was unable to grab the lead but did manage to tie the score with a 38 yard FG.
    LSU was frustrated once again in the 4th qtr as a 57 yard FG attempt hooked left, giving Nebraska the ball back on their own 40 yard line. Their attack moved the ball at will, but they were held to a 25 yard FG with 25 ticks left. This meant LSU still had a shot. Completions of 20 and 22 yards to WR Brian Copeland gave LSU the chance they needed. Luke nailed a 54 yard FG with room to spare, sending the game into OT.
    LSU won the toss and chose to play defense first. Nebraska was stopped for a 3 & out and hit a 35 yard FG. The Tigers were able to move the ball down to the 2 yard line on a completion to WR Brian Meadows. HB Kenneth Harley found redemption after a 1st qtr. fumble by leaping high and helicoptering into the end zone for the winning score. LSU's #1 rank survives for this week but the Miami Hurricanes lurk in week 2.
    Coach Maximus after the game: "That was one hell of a ballgame right there. Both sides fought their asses off. I'm obviously happy we came out on top but to be a part of a game like this right out of the gate just tells me this will be a very entertaining season. Ain't college football great?"
    [​IMG]
    LSU
    • QB Jon Welsh: 14/29, 191 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
    • HB Kenneth Harley: 21 Att, 98 Yards, 1 TD, 1 Fumble Lost
    • WR Brian Copeland: 4 Rec, 66 Yards, 1 TD, 1 Drop
    • WR D.J. Hampton: 4 Rec, 59 Yards
    • MLB Michael Smith: 4 Solo, 3 Assists, 2 TFL, 1 Pass Del
    • CB Terrell Harrell: 6 Solo, 1 TFL
    • Offense: 310 Yards, 15 1st Downs, 4/11 on 3rd Down, 1 Fumble Lost
    • Defense: 10 TFL, 4 Pass Defl
    Nebraska
    • QB Marcus Taylor: 16/25, 216 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
    • HB Todd Coker: 7 Att, 45 Yards (injured in 1st half)
    • HB Omar Caldwell: 15 Att, 18 Yards
    • FB Harold Butler: 3 Att, 5 Yards, 1 TD
    • WR Chris Jackson: 3 Rec, 34 Yards, 1 TD
    • CB John Davis: 3 Solo, 1 Assist, 3 Pass Defl
    • CB Cameron Garcia: 8 Solo, 1 Assist, 1 FF
    • ROLB Nick Dawson: 7 Solo, 1 Assist
    • LE Kirk Mason: 1 Solo, 1 Assist, 3 Pass Defl
    • Offense: 277 Yards, 12 1st Downs, 4/13 on 3rd Down, 0 Turnovers
    • Defense: 2 TFL, 7 Pass Defl, 1 FF, 1 FR
    Week 2: @ #10 Miami

3. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

[​IMG]
    The Cal football program suffered a major setback this week with a crushing defeat at the hands of the Colorado State Rams 33-28. Many experts predicted that the Golden Bears would in fact be in the midst of a re-building period with the hiring of a new head football coach and major philosophical changes on both sides of the ball in 2015. The year began in horrible fashion with Cal electing to receive to open play and fumbling away possession in the first 30 seconds of the game on the 30 yards line. Several plays later CSU had it's first TD of 2015 and panic began to take hold on the Cal sidelines.​
    After falling behind 14-0 late in the first quarter the fledgling Cal option offense began to show signs of life as WR Cornelius Johnson hauled in a 71 yard TD pass from QB Christian Tate bringing the score to 14-7. A few minutes into the second quarter of play Tate would find the end zone from 5 yards out on the option and tie the game at 14. CSU was once again able to answer with a TD pass to close out the half with a 20-14 lead after a missed extra point.​
    CSU would come out in the second half of play and chip in a field goal from 44 yards out to take a 23-14 lead. It appeared as CSU was set to once again score, but the CSU FB was blown up at the 4 and fumbled the ball away to CB Steve Tyson who would return the ball 96 yards for a score and new life for the Golden Bears. CSU had other plans and once again found the endzone to further increase the lead to 30-21. Cal and Tate had other plans finding HB John Smith for a 6 yard pass into the endzone and a 30-28 ballgame. Cal was still unable to get a much needed stop and the Rams tacked on another field goal to increase the lead and require the Golden bears to find the end zone to win the game.​
    [​IMG]

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

#2 Florida wins tune up against FAU in The Swamp, 35-0

The Gators open the 2015 season with a ritual sacrifice in The Swamp before 90 plus thousand. The game got off to a slow start, with FAU using the no huddle to march downfield, but miss a FG. The D finally did settle down:

Lombardi winner Randall McCullough goes to work

The Gators would get two TDs from Clarence Webster on the ground and two from Anthony Swain in the air. This was a good game for Florida's young defense to garner some reps before traveling to Oklahoma next week.

POTG: Clarence Webster: 14 car, 138 yards, 2 TDs; 2 rec, 29 yards

Next: at Oklahoma (3:00 ABC)

5. Maximus21

@f4cekha0s - Good summary but sorry you lost. Like you said it's a major shift for the program so hopefully things improve with more reps.

6. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

@Maximus21 - Turnovers just buried me. Found myself behind and with a pretty limited passing attack playbook wise.

7. Maximus21

I hear that, the old option teams always did better with a lead.

8. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Oklahoma whips Tulsa 49-14
    Oklahoma got off to a great start tonight with a 49-14 beating of Tulsa at home. The Sooners used a potent ground attack, accumulating over 400 yds. rushing in route to the win.
    Tulsa got on the board first on the opening drive of the game when starting QB Reid hit WR Van for a 23 yd. strike to take a 7-0 lead. However, Oklahoma would waste no time tying up the game. New starting QB Roderick Edwards would take an option around the left side for a 58 yd. score to tie the game at 7 a piece. Oklahoma would get a stop on the next possession, and would take a 14-7 lead on another option this time with the pitch going to WR James Baker. Baker would take the pitch and rush in from 55 yds. out for the lead. Tulsa would come back on their first possession of the 2nd qtr. and score their final points of the game on another pass. This time QB Reid hit TE Doyle on a 2 yd. out route to tie the game back up at 14. The Oklahoma defense would start to play a lot better after this drive as they would not allow Tulsa to put another point on the board. QB Edwards would add another rushing TD on the next drive on an 18 yd. scamper for a 21-14 lead. Edwards would account for his 3rd TD of the half after OU recovered a fumble when he tossed a 13 yd. TD to RB Gutierrez on a wheel route for the score and a 28-14 halftime lead.
    Oklahome would tack on 21 more points in the 2nd half as Edwards hit WR Boyd on a 4 yd. pass and Gutierrez took to carries to the house. The final score would be Oklahoma 49 and Tulsa 14.
    Coach Ticketp1 talked after the game. "I thought our guys came out and started the year on a high note. We have a lot of new young starters at key positions and they did a good job to get their feet underneath them tonight and get a win. I thought the biggest improvement was in our defense. The LB core really stepped up and played well. We'll have our hands full next week as Florida comes to town for a rematch from last year. Hopefully we'll play a little better this year and can give them a run for their money."
    Oklahoma Statistical Leaders:
    Passing: Edwards- 17/23, 233 Yds, 2 TD
    Rushing: Edwards- 8 Car, 166 Yds, 2 TD
    Rushing: Gutierrez- 19 Car, 156 Yds, 2 TD
    Receiving: Baker- 3 Rec, 63 Yds
    Receiving: Mason- 4 Rec, 60 Yds
    Receiving: Boyd- 4 Rec, 41 Yds, 1 TD
    Defensive: Harris- 6 Tackles, 5 Solo, 1 FR
    Defensive: Johnson- 3 Tackles, 3 Solo, 1 FF

9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]

Texas starts off slow and would fall behind 21-10 at the half, as SMU's air raid offense was doing a number on The LongHorn defense and 2 costly turnovers would help The Mustang defense slow down the Texas attack. The second half would be a different story as Heisman winner Jared Stanley would pick the team up and carry them to a victory as he and The LongHorn offense would start making big plays and gaining huge chunks of yardage, The Offense would amass 500 yds on the day but couldnt put SMU away. Sophomore QB B Fields would have a great game in his first start of his career throwing for over 300 yds and 1 TD. The defense would finally slow down the passing attack along with the help of some QB misfires. The defense on a sour note wouldnt force a turnover in the game and will have to play better if Texas is gong anywhere this year.​

Final Score Texas 27- SMU 24​

Texas Leaders​

Jared Stanley 22 carries 185 yds 2 TD's and 1 fumble​

B Fields 14-22 308 yds and 1 TD​

SMU Leaders​

M Woods 30-54 379 yds 3 TD's​

T Koch 10 receptions 130 yds and 2 TD's​

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If you were here at the beginning of last season you could of grabbed a perfect fit for your offense. I think OU grabbed him up. Not a great passer but he's damn near a halfback.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@DrunkenSoldier

Is there a kink in the mighty Longhorns' armor? :) Was that all from a no huddle approach?

12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes get the easy one outa the way.

OSU 30- Zips 14

The Buckeyes traveled to Akron this week to play in the Rubber Bowl. In a game that is sure to cost both athletic Departments Millions?..But anyways back to the game or what was supposed to be a game.

[​IMG]

HB Sonny Johnson made a great first impression on the Zips saturday as he rushed for 217 yards on just 22 carries and the Buckeye Silver Bullet Defense did the rest to shutdown Akron saturday. The Buckeye offense would click early and jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first. While the defense would keep the zips scoreless through the first three quarters. Akron would get two fluke TDs late in the game to make it look respectable, but the Bucks let off the gas pretty early. Ohio State finished with 297 yards on the ground compared to Akron's 25. Add in three Akron turnovers and there is the key to victory right there. Next week for OSU the Bearcats of Cincinnati, and their new coach nkmi1984

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

THUMPED!

Tallahassee- The Florida State Seminoles open the year with a bang, as they score 49 unanswered points in the first half against the Panthers of Florida International Saturday in Tallahassee. True Freshman QB, Alan Mays had himself a Seminole debut as he completed 11 of his 12 passes for 222yds and 4td. His 357.1 QB rating is by far the highest single game rating ever at the University. HB Anthony Lewis, also contributed to the cause as he ran for 183yds on just 16 carries with 3td's. Freshman sensation WR Jason Pope hauled in 4 receptions for 78yds and 2 scores. Each player was sidelined after the half, as reserves got a chance to get some game action. (A notable second half player was HB Wes Roberts. He gained 104yds on 21 carries, but failed to reach the endzone.

Final Score:

FIU: 0

FSU: 49

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Ya pretty much, a lot of short passes were my guys couldnt tackle, should always play conservative gameplan for tackling against cpu. June Jones is coaching down there so you wouldnt expect any thing else, spread the field and pass the rock

15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Ol' Fashioned Whipping
    The Trojans rub it in against Notre Dame
    Keep the Jeweled (Shlong) Shillelagh
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Offensive Play of the Game:

Defensive Play of the Game:

*I had control of my FS the entire play. I read the option, I can't believed he pitched the ball.

16. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Jeweled Shlong LOL hahaha

17. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

Someones compensating!

18. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I have a question Bigtub...Since you have the jeweled SHlong does that mean you get to use it on your own players, or aginst Notre Dames? I just learned alot more about this rivalry than i wanted to know[​IMG]

19. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Tell me my preseason player of the year Kawika doesn't wear the double gloves at QB?? @bigtubb_

20. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Boys will Boys, i hope both of you guys know that traditionally the winner of this rivalry game (USC v ND) struts around like they have the biggest cocks because they won the game and the Jeweled (Shlong) Shillelagh is an extenstion of that (no pun intended),right, lol.

Its like the army. When you are a private, the more strips you have means the more penis's you have or how long your Johnson is. It's a metaphor for that shit, nothing homo...and you mofo's took it to the gay stage....*cough* mofo's with homosexual thoughts have homosexual tendencies *cough* lol

• Like Like x 2
  21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Yes he does wear them, lol is that a problem???

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's a long ass cough![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

I just watched the highlight and saw them...always think it's funny when QBs were gloves but I guess with the way they make them now a lot of times you get a better grip.

24. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Thats why big ben uses them. Im a steelers fan so i like them.....lol. Like those rich white kids (back in the day)who used to come to they gym with jordans, full team jersey and shorts, arms bands, wrist bands and sweatband because they could afford it but couldn't play b-ball for shit. I like gloves on a qb even though i dont play QB.

25. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

i
    It's def an extension... for the penis thats missing because you let reggie bush run off with it and your programs integrity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.