BCS Chaos (NCAA '11): Season 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

2. Maximus21

[​IMG]
    The 2017 has gotten off to a slow start for the LSU offense but the defense picked up a ton of the slack. USC tailback William McKeon was hard to bring down all game long and was especially so on his 85 yard TD gallop on the Trojan's first drive. Sadly for USC that would be their only points. The biggest factor for the LSU D was 3rd down. USC was held to 0/8 in the critical down and also was just 1/3 on 4th down. When I said that the defense picked up the slack I really meant it. MLB Jonathan Murphy tipped a Randy Madison pass straight up in the air and picked it off. He returned it to 20 yards to the house and extended LSU's 3rd qtr. lead to 20 points. Midway through the 4th disaster struck once more for the Trojan offense. QB Madison fumbled on an ill-advised option run and LSU LE Ricky Miller scooped and scored from 9 yards out. Thus the Tigers' D outscored USC all on their own.
    LSU QB Jon Welsh played relatively well, going 16/25 for 204 yards and no turnovers. The trouble is he didn't get in the end zone. USC's defense was all but unblockable for much of the game and they held HB Ryan Atkins to 40 yards on 14 carries. If he doesn't get back on track in the coming weeks it will be very hard for LSU to compete with the nation's elite.
    Play of the Game
    [​IMG]

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Syracuse upsets ANOTHER SEC school to open their season?! If only they played like that versus West Virginia. Tough going @Coach_III

• Like Like x 2
  4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes win...but look less than impressive

OSU 28- Ohio 14

[​IMG]

By ranking OSU is the number 1 ranked team in the country this year, but after that performance versus a very weak Ohio team. Even in coach Benbuckeye's words.."were not even close to the best team in the country, bu hey a win is a win right?

The Buckeyes came into the first game of the season with a ton question marks and leave with just as many. The Buckeyes jumped out to an early lead on the legs of Ross Glover (22 carries 154 yards 3 TDs) however he failed to fix that fumble problem. Luckily for the Bucks Chance Nelson was johnny on the spot for the recovery. Junior JUCO transfer B. Thomas had a decent game (10-21 162 yards ). The Buckeyes led 14 -6 until Ohio tied the game at 14 early in the second half. The Buckeye turned to Glover who finished out the game with a 54 yard gallop and sealed in from 3 yards out. The Buckeye defense played good enough to win but continues to strugggle getting off the field and cant seem to force any turnovers. Luckily this week the opponent was Ohio next week we might not t be so lucky....

[​IMG]

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@benbuckeye

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that struggled:)...

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Get Ya Weight Up!
    Wolverines Too Strong In 27-14 Win Over Rutgers
    [​IMG]
    Ann Arbor, MI- The #8 Michigan Wolverines showed up big in the trenches as they held off Big East foe Rutgers in check in their 27-14 win. Michigan's Brad Bennett rushed for a career high 254 yards on 34 carries including two touchdowns as Michigan dominated the trenches. A strong rushing attack helped tremendously as their passing attack, if you can call it that, struggled throughout the day. Starter Cedric Hill didn't last a drive as he was knocked out for the game on the opening drive after 4 passes. Joe Brown was sent in to replace the injured sophmore but was immediately replaced as he went 2/6 for 44 yards and 2 interceptions. Last year's starter Joe Brown was inserted into the game and went 3/5 for 65 yards. Each QB threw at least one interception as they combined for 4 on the day. Rutger's offense moved pretty well versus the Wolverines but their defense were not able to capitalize despite a 4 to 1 turnover advantage. L.Livingston went 19/29 for 275 yards and two scores. He also threw a pick in the endzone as Rutgers finished 0-3 in the red zone and 1/8 on 3rd downs.
    Star Watch: Michigan's Ray Patterson was held to 3 receptions for 59 yards on Saturday.
    Next week the Wolverines welcome rival Notre Dame to the Big House as Coach Forever looks to prove the point with the Irish.
    [​IMG]

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I cant get anyone off the field on defense...Plus I drop atleast four or five ints a game...and alot should be user pics. Even the one I did catch he almost dropped lol

8. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Indeed. Sorry I didn't get any highlights and photos.. Wont happen again. We struggled on offense. We moved the ball well, just could not punch the darn thing in. Defense we could get them off the field. Lucky for us the missed two field goals in the first half. Wife's car wouldn't start this morning and I was trying to fit the game in before work. (I was like "REALLY")so middle of the third to the 4th was super simmed. Should have waited to play tonight, but I was eager to get going. But the time I played, has me excited. Every game will be a battle. We have alot of football left to be played. So just wanna make some noise I see some things that will work for us this year and some things I wont be able to do. Qb arm isnt to accurate on the deep ball and the line cant pick up the blitz to well. On defense we will have to call friendly plays because my guys had problems matching up with the Orangemen. LB cant cover WRs like Florida State could. Going to Oklahoma to try and take down those boys next week. Ready to get it on. We got some things to try and will give it our best to win this one.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

I have a question about when you had FSU. Did you change the color of the QB's? Its no big deal if you did, just remember Alan Mays being black, LOL!

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Yes I did. Long story short when I was a new guy in a od I was in. I didn't specify what kinda offense I was running. It caught the user of guard and left a bad tatse about me in everyone' s mouth throughout the od. So when I got here I made sure everyone knows what system and the type of plays I run. I do run alot of option and reads..well somewhat. At FSU I used both qbs. So I switch the color of the players to take it a step further. Because mentally when one sees a black qb they are thinking run and white qb lines up one is thinking more of a pass. I didn't what any tricky my first season here. I like this od and wanted to make the best first impression but yet be competitive. I never do that. But I didn't want what happened

11. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Last time happen here.

12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Now I have a second question....that is F***in Hilarious by the way hahahaha...did his speed and agility go way down when you switched him? Or did his awareness and throwing accuracy go up? BAHAHA just wondering how sim NCAA really is?

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]
    Texas would jump out early on Pitt scoring on there first 2 drives one a 58 yd TD run by Randy Cox and the other a fieldgoal, Texas would lead 10-0 at the end of one.. Pitt would come right back and put up 2 TD's of there own on TD passes by Brad Jones, sandwich around a Brett Fields INT but he would make amense before the quarter would end Throwing for a TD and also rushing for one, on a 49 yd scramble(damn EA for short replays, hopefully they'll fix this for next year).Texas would lead 24-14 at the half. The only scoring of the 3rd quarter was a 104 yd INT return for a TD by Albert Dickerson to build the lead to 31-14. Pitt would score in the 4th quarter but the running of Randy Cox would be the difference as he would add a rush TD late and would amass over 180 yds rushing.​
    [​IMG]

14. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Week 2

Buckeyes get pummeled by the Big Red....

In what could end up as a conference game a few years down the road, for Ohio states sake though lets hope not. The Buckeyes have gotten blow out in a non-conference game two years in a row, atleast this one was on the road. Last year it was LSU whp shut them out. This year could have been even worse, but the Buckeyes got some lucky breaks late in the game. Ohio State seemed to move the ball well early on, but once the huskers got the lead at 13-0, after 2 buckeye Red one trips ended with 0 points. Their was no looking back for the huskers. The Buckeyes continued to fumble the ball and Nebraska continued to convert every third down possible until the game was no longer close. Nebraska at one point led 34-0... The Buckeyes highly touted 99 overall rated O-line was tossed aside like 5th graders, and when they didnt go through them, they went around them leading to 8 sacks. Not to mention they could generate no running game.

Hopefully the Buckeyes can take advantage of a little bit of a soft spot in their schedule and get back on their feet before the end of the season gauntlet, that includes LSU, Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan to close out the year....this year has started out much like last for the Bucks, heres to hoping it ends some what similar too....

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Lucky for you, EA loves the Buckeyes... you'll be fine

• Like Like x 1
  16. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

CRUSHED
    COACH BIG-BEAR FALLS FLAT IN HIS UNC DEBUT

[​IMG]

The Cal Golden Bears were a very impressive squad despite matching up with the Tar Heels well on paper. The pace seemed a little fast for Coach Bear and he clearly did not have a mastery of the system that he inhereted.

"I need to adjust right out of the gate. We got beat very soundly, there is alot to improve, this isn't something where you can wait a week or two and just expect things to turn around. We will need to use more multiple sets and get our best players out there. As we grow we can start to do what we want. Right now we are in a place where the other teams are going to dictate to us abit. We just need to fight.

The player of the game was Cal's speedy halfback, Nate Thomas who wentfor 220 yards and 3 touchdowns.

[​IMG]

17. Maximus21

[​IMG]
    This game represented a big test for both teams. The Tigers ended up blowing out USC in week 1 but that was based almost entirely on the defensive effort. #10 Texas has grown to hate LSU and knocking them off would certainly create some of our patented BCS Chaos.
    LSU freshman WR Marcus Wesley got things going early with a TD on a fade route, taking full advantage of his 6'6" frame. The stellar Tigers defense took the field hungry for action and CB Avery Smith came up with a big play with an INT. That was the first of 3 frustrating picks for the Longhorns offense. LSU WR Louis Hurd beat press coverage for a 15 yard TD to take a 14-0 lead. Later on a misfired pass on 3rd and goal from the 3 lead to a FG and thus a 17-0 lead. The LSU fans were thinking blowout but things got really tight really fast.
    Before the Tigers knew what happened it was 17-10 with Texas driving for the tying score. That's when SS Matt Archie stepped up with the play of the game:
    Play of the Game
    SS Matt Archie's INT in the end zone preserves a 17-10 lead. LSU scored a TD on their next possession to take control of the game.
    Starting from the 1 yard line was no picnic but the Tigers managed to start off with a 20 yard toss play and later QB Jon Welsh found TE Adam Burton deep down the field for the decisive score. That happened to be one of the luckiest plays ever as the ball was within inches of being intercepted as it was overthrown from the intended location. Another FG and a late safety would end the scoring.
    Coach DrunkenSoldier is rumored to have put out a hit on Coach Maximus after the game. Details are murky but suffice to say there is no love lost between these two.
    [​IMG]

18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This game was lost a kickoff. The Sooners drove the ball down the first play of the game and it went downhill from there for us Bulldogs. We could not stop absolutely nothing that they were doing. OU QB Rodrick Edwards was a maniac he when 26-29 317 yards passing and 4 TDs. I should have saved their highlights just for our enjoyment. You should have seen the plays they were making. Im still learning how my players are gonna function in my offense. New system for them so, we have to give it time. Steve Rhodes threw 5 ints. We that said I think he is ready for the South Carolina Sec opener. We kinda know what we can do and what we cant.

19. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

[​IMG]

West Virginia survives late surge from Penn State
    Wins 45-33
    Behind the stellar play of their freshman QB, the mountaineers were able to go in and get a win in happy valley. The mountianeers raced out to a 24-0 lead and never looked back. Spears made plays all over the field with his legs and his arms. He finished the day with 255 yards and 3 touchdowns through the air. He added 228 yards and another 3 TD's on the ground. The west virginia offense jus seemed to make spectacular plays all over the field. Joe Henry had an amazing diving catch for a touchdown in the first. Spears had a crazy run on an option keeper where he broke a tackle in the backfield and raced ahead for 40 more yards.​
    The mountaineers will hope this display of offense will carry over to next week as they take on a tough Texas team back in morgantown.​

[​IMG]

20. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

WVU takes care of Ole Miss 41-14
    WVU looked impressive during their season opener against #16 ole miss. The offesne was able to put up points and the defense pitched a shutout in the second half. Bryan spears accounted for more than 400 total yards and 4 TD's in his first game as a mountaineer but was also hurt multiple times throughout the game. WVU also lost their starting tight end for 4 weeks along with their starting DT for 3 weeks.​
    [​IMG]

21. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Damn that is a nice picture @boondock. Haven't seen that animation before

• Like Like x 1
  22. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

The kid is a FREAK man! put the ball anywhere around him and hell make catches like that.
    you should check out the highlight on our website it was a pretty sick grab.

23. Maximus21

24. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Yeah that is crazy... what a catch!

I just saw a new animation but the highlight failed to upload, the guy came up from behind a runner and poked the ball out, it wasn't the usually tug on the arm it was definately an obvious Charles Tillman style punch/poke without any tackle at all. Maybe I have just been missing out, but I have never seen that before.

25. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Wow..I cant believe LSU covered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.