BCS Chaos (NCAA '11): Season 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

#15 Michigan Holds Off San Diego State, 41-31
    [​IMG]

Ann Arbor, MI- The Michigan Wolverines entered Saturday's contest versus the Aztecs of San Diego State full of confidence. For the first 3 and a half quarters they had every right to be but a furious Aztec rally, led by 555 yards of total offense, scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to make the Wolverines 'earn' their win. Michigan's JR QB Cedric Hill led the offense in the first half as the Wolverines built a commanding 24-3 lead. Hill finished 9/21 for 215 yard with two touchdowns, including a 90 yarder to WR B.Paris (2rec 99yds 2TD). Highly recruited freshman QB B.Coleman stepped under center for the Wolverines in the second half and played great as well. The frosh threw two scores as he went 6/16 for 149 yards in his debut. Preseason All American B.Bennett finished with 88 yards on 16 carries and a score.

SDSU's K.Collier had a monster day for the Aztecs as his 27/39 361 yard and 2 touchdown performance was the best performance ever allowed by a non-AQ school under Michigan's JerzeyReign.

Michigan improved to 1-0 on the season as San Diego State fell to 0-1. Next week the Wolverines have a bye before traveling to South Bend in Week 3 to take on their hated rival, Notre Dame.

3. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

Florida International should have just stayed home. Their players are probably good people and they didn't deserve to face the wrath of pre-season #1 LSU. The Tiger starters were out of the game midway through the 2nd qtr. and it's doubtful the outcome would have been any less convincing had they not played at all. New signal-caller Cody Harper had 1 miscue in the 1st qtr., fumbling an option pitch that resulted in the Golden Panthers' only points of the day (they even managed to miss the XP). The offense is adjusting to a new option playbook and thus there were some issues that resulted in several fumbles. The overwhelming talent advantage more than made up for the lack of familiarity with the plays. It was 56-6 at the half and after that it was just time to run out the clock.

Next week is a bye for LSU, followed by a trip to Norman for #20 Oklahoma in week 3. It is unlikely that the Sooners will win the game but it will take a higher level of execution to prevent the upset.

Play of the Game

HB Ryan Atkins takes a pitch left, breaks out of a tackle, and races 54 yards to pay dirt.

4. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

NORTH CAROLINA CRUSHED IN UPSET LOSS

[​IMG]

The game was firmly within the Tar Heels' control late in the third quarter. Leading 14-0, UNC had played strong defense and Northern Illinois looked clearly outmatched. Facing a 4th and 1 at midfield, the Huskies gambled. Both teams came out with goal line units - surprisingly, Andrew Cole found a seam right up the middle of the Tar Heel defense and rumbled all the way for a score.

That play must have demoralized UNC because in the 4th quarter they looked awful. Passes were dropped, players started to fumble and nothing was working. NIU would go on to rattle off 17 more straight points coming back from a 14-0 deficit to win 23-14. Another huge run by Cole for 62 yards breaking tackles and then a 75 yard scoop and score were the definitive plays.

Highlights would have been great to see but Coach Bear was clearly upset with the shocking result and after shaking hands with Coach Dbag for the Huskies he rushed off the field. The crew that would normally compile the highlights did not do so, they wanted to rush off and catch a post-game interview with coach Bear - who declined comment.

5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Georgia Bulldogs Win!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We wanted to establish the tone this season with a dominating performance and we did. We beat them on both sides of the ball. We were able to force turnovers, score on defense, and not turn the ball over ourselves. QB Willaims overall did a good job and RB Palmer did one hell of a job on the ground by finding the open holes riping off 167 in rushing yards and kudos to the offensive line making blocks. coming of a really bad year last year this was a good win for us. Now we get to start what we practice all off-season for the SEC

• Like Like x 2
  6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Uh-oh... I think Coach Max's preseason comments earned him a spot on the Georgia bulletin board.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I just wasted 3 minutes 15 seconds of my life watching a 2 legged horse run in circles! Shocca Run! Thx Jerz

• Like Like x 1
  8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I can't lie, it got me too! I don't know why but it just causes me to stare:)

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn Survives a Close Call at UTEP

[​IMG]

10. Maximus21

• Like Like x 1
  11. KnightNoles

Tigers Shutout Commodores

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maximus21

[​IMG]

The Sooners had the only score of the opening stanza, which was a 6 yard strike to TE C. McGill. The opportunity to score was generously provided by FR(RS) CB Mark Nelson who fumbled on a punt return, giving OU very good field position. Sadly for OU fans, that was their only highlight. LSU fans can revel in the victory but have to question how effective the new offensive scheme will be in the coming weeks. There were no turnovers for the Tigers this week which is a sign of progress but it took until 18 seconds left in the 1st half before LSU scored a TD. 4 Mark McRae FGs kept the scoring going for a time, but that is not the hallmark of a dominant team. Finally, in the 4th qtr., the rushing attack came alive. 2 TD runs from Cody Harper and a 47 yard gallop up the gut by Ryan Atkins put the exclamation point on the victory. The LSU defense played very well also, tallying 12 TFL and 3 INT. One of the INTs came from Mark Nelson, which helped make up for his earlier fumble.

Next week the Georgia Bulldogs invade Death Valley. Coach Maximus opened up his mouth with a pre-season prediction that certainly seems to have irked UGA head man @Coach_III. It remains to be seen whether Georgia has the talent to pull off the upset that Coach_III (and likely the rest of the dynasty) desires. Tune in next week to find out.

Play of the Game

QB Cody Harper scrambles for a 21 yard TD run after shaking off a tackler.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nice wins fellas!! 'Noles I see you've been given the 'BCS Chaos' ESPN layout;). In fact, everyone should get used to that picture layout because that will be the standard for NCAA '12. Literally takes five minutes once you get the a rhythm (<-- spelling) down. Add a couple of comments (think Coach interview) and your done. 10 minute recap.

@Max -- That LB should of rushed you the moment you stepped up in the pocket. Their wasn't a soul near him. Stupid Big 12 teams ;)

14. Maximus21

Definitely agree Jerz. Afer he broke that tackle i took my eyes off the receivers so i just said screw it and took off. Luckily that LB is a moron.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

Wolverines Shock Irish In South Bend
    Michigan Scores Twice In Final 1:09

[​IMG]

Michigan's B.Battle Pulls In The Game Winning 18 Yard Pass On Saturday

Good Game Forever.

Now I head to Austin to take on Coach DrunkenSoldier and his Texas Longhorns. Oh Joy.

16. Maximus21

What a comeback. I'm betting Forever was displeased. BCS Chaos Instant Classic?

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm uploading the game film now. I was cursing him out on the AIM chat. Can't wait until '12 where my flippin' LBs will check the guy running through their zone. He was killing me with that.

18. BG

BG On The Rize!

What? Cursing me out, LOL! You have to take what the defense gives you. It was a good comeback, but on the last play, my son pulled my controller wire out of the game console and I couldn't get over to cover the quick slant. Not saying thats why I lost because it wasn't, just saying. Those long QB scrambles in the fourth qtr helped you tremendously! (y)

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Post updated with the full game. Enjoy!

20. Maximus21

21. Maximus21

[​IMG]

Coach_III came into this game angry due to what he deemed to be disrespect from LSU's Coach Maximus. Given the lack of skill position talent on Georgia's roster, which is not the 2nd year head man's fault, Maximus didn't feel he was dissing anyone. Words have a way of being twisted by the media but here we are. If there was any thought that UGA's 2-0 start was a fluke following last season's 1-11 finish, this game put an end to that. The Bulldogs gave the Tigers every thing they could handle, and nearly more. Two 1st qtr. INTs by Cody Harper helped lead to a 14-0 lead for the team with a huge chip on their collective shoulder.

Finally, in the 2nd qtr. HB Ryan Atkins was able to make a stellar catch for LSU's first points of the day. An INT by LSU CB Sam Austin set the Tigers up in good position to tie the game and that they did. HB Brandon Washington hauled in a TD (photo above). No one can tell for sure if he actually got a toe down in bounds but that is how the refs called it. UGA intelligently used a timeout before the half to ice K Mark McRae. That lead to his 55 yard attempt bouncing off the left upright, keeping the game at 14 all at the half.

The lone scoring of the 3rd qtr. was a 25 yard FG by McRae, which was a disappointing end to a solid drive. In the 4th qtr. UGA's erratic kicker, J. Muhammad, hit from 24 and 34 yards out to take a 20-17 lead with 3:41 remaining. LSU was feeling a lot of pressure at that point but were able to methodically move the ball down the field. HB Ryan Atkins punched it in from 5 yards out to take a 24-20 lead with 1:18 left in the game.

Needing to get in the end zone, UGA was forced to put the ball in the air more than they would have liked at the end. With 58 ticks left LSU's Jonathan Grant made the play of the game.

Play of the Game

LSU FS Jonathan Grant, subbing for the injured Wes Morris, ends UGA's comeback bid with a game-clinching INT with under a minute remaining.

With LSU kneeling the ball to run out the clock, Coach_III showed he has more hatred for LSU than even I thought. With 1 second left UGA used a timeout just to spite the Tigers.

Georgia has earned national respect with this effort and they hope to gain revenge for the loss later in the year at the SEC Championship Game. There is a long way to go for both squads of course, but that would be quite an event.

• Like Like x 2
  22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@Coach_III

I'm going to need to see a rematch so make sure you get that SEC East title! Good game both of y'all.

23. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Imma try hard to make it to the dome..wont be easy. It was a good game. I had him in a dogfight. I had LSU play UGA's game. I just got too cute with the playcall and made some bad throw decisions, but overall I played pretty well..but couldnt get it done. the LSU was just too talented and FAST.

• Like Like x 1
  24. KnightNoles

Whoa now!

25. BG

BG On The Rize!

Big-Time Win!
    Notre Dame runs up the score against their bitter rival Stanford.

[​IMG]
    South Bend- The Irish came out and played like world beaters against the slightly favored #14 Stanford Cardinals. Notre Dame got their offense jump started by an unlikely of hero's a freshman HB, Alex Johnson. Johnson started the latter part of the first quarter and didn't disappoint. He carried the ball just 13 times for 129yds and a game high 4 td's. His back-up, HB Brandon Love tried to top that with 146yds on just 11 carries and 2 scores. SR. QB, Corey Walton was 12 of 21 for 248 yds with 2 td's all in the first half. The Irish defense held Stanford to just 167yds of total offense; something they haven't been able to do all season long. The win is the first of the season for Notre Dame as they look to ride the momentum into the rest of the season.

Final Score:

Stanford: 7

Notre Dame: 59

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.