BCS Chaos (NCAA '12): Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Season 2

[​IMG]

2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Week 2: Stanford 21 @ Notre Dame 45

It took a while for the ND offense to get going, but when it started it was firing on all cylinders. Tommy Rees started of with a huge game including a record that can never be beat. A 100 yd TD pass to Theo Riddick. Nothing like a little History to start your year!

First Quarter

00:26 TD Notre Dame Robby Toma WR #9 41 yard pass from Tommy Rees QB #11

Second Quarter

05:49 FG Notre Dame Kyle Brindza K #27 35 yard field goal
    02:22 TD Stanford Drew Terrell WR #4 9 yard pass from Josh Nunes QB #6
    01:10 TD Stanford Trent Murphy ROLB #93 0 yard fumble
    00:35 TD Notre Dame Theo Riddick WR #6 82 yard pass from Tommy Rees QB #11

Third Quarter

06:29 TD Notre Dame Theo Riddick WR #6 55 yard pass from Tommy Rees QB #11
    03:36 TD Stanford Stepfan Taylor HB #33 65 yard rush
    02:32 TD Notre Dame Theo Riddick WR #6 100 yard pass from Tommy Rees QB #11
    00:45 TD Notre Dame TJ Jones WR #7 61 yard pass from Tommy Rees QB #11

Forth Quarter

01:19 TD Notre Dame Cierre Wood HB #20 6 yard rush

100 yd TD pass to Theo Riddick​

61 yd TD pass to TJ Jones​

41 yd TD pass to Robby Toma​

Tommy Rees 516 yds passing 5 TD's and 1 INT

Theo Riddick 5 catches 257 yds 3 TD's​

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

What the hell is that safety doing on that third highlight? I thought guys from Stanford were smart?

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

First thing is I was having issues transferring the videos from my PS3 to EAsportsworld. I have 8 games of highlights from last year and the first game this year.

Through trial and error i have found on my system that the only way i got week one to encode after two failed attempts trying to download the first and second highlights(would just keep encoding for hour), was to go to the last video and start there, uploading "just this".

For whatever reason it works and if i go in reverse order I was able to get all the video highlights to download without issue. I hope to get the videos from last season to get some drop box material.

Penn St wins a Top 25 battle against Cincinnati on the road 24-6
    [​IMG]

After a scoreless 1st Qrt Penn St was able to drive into Bearcat territory and McGloin found Justin Brown behind the defense.

After a 7-3 first half Silas Redd was able to get lose for a big run that led to a FG and a 10-3 lead.

The defense got after the QB all game and one example was LB Mauiti who was not on a blitz but his play recognition kicked in when his man, The HB stayed in to block. Penn St had 6 sacks and many pressures forcing many quick throws. Cincy only managed 124 yards on 11 receptions.

Jr Silas redd gets lose. As Cincy stacked the line, Penn St called the old USC student Body right. Redd did the rest and the result was a 24-6 lead. Redd finished with 179 yards and a TD.

Penn St is happy overall with the win vs a Ranked team in a hostile environment. Penn St has a tough road ahead as most of the big Conf matchups are early in the season this year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DrunkenSoldier

I had a problem with uploading, if it doesnt work 1st time just upload them individually to EAsportsworld

• Like Like x 1
  6. DrunkenSoldier

I think he was in man, so he was going to his receiver, problem was they blitz too many guys and had no one to cover Toma

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Individual is how i always do it this year. Individual or "Just this" didnt work unless i went to the last highlight first.

8. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Baylor and thrilling last 2 min Michigan summaries to come

10. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall a Sloppy Game. Two Red Zone Attempts amounted in 1 fumble and one INT. The defense played lights out, corralling the KSU offense. The Canes couldn't get the run game started all day and it bogged down the offense. The Canes dosen't have much time to fix mistakes as they Visit the Ohio State Buckeyes in the Horse Shoe.

11. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Buckeye's win but not very impressive!

35 - 23

[​IMG]

The Buckeyes traveled to Navy- Marine Core Memorial Stadium this week looking to win impressively and silence the critics, who continue to ask for coach Caudill's job.Well they did win the game, but not tin the fashion you would have hoped. Trailing for most of the first half and into the third quarter, the Bucks did nothing on offense. Unable to get any kind of push from the big guys and braxton continued to look like a frehman, until....he found is favorite target in tightend Jake Stoneburner. Jake would finish with 8 catches for 139 yards, Jamal Berry also carried 24 time for 123 yards and 2 scores. Stoneburner converted third down after third down and the Bucks stormed back with 14 points in the third than got a couple big turnovers and put the game out of reach.

"We didnt get off to a great start, but our defense played tough in the redzone and kept us in the game. Luckily you dont win by being pretty, but will definately need to play better next week aginst the Canes". Caudill said after the game.

other highlight wont load...thought they fixed that lol

12. KnightNoles

A Much-Needed Win
    Seminoles win 28-20 against Baylor

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

A game that was restarted twice? I don't even remember but Rodney Smith and Chris Thompson came up huge to hold off Baylor. We almost witnessed a RGIII heisman moment, Mike called a great option play and he broke a tackle and spun out only to be caught on angle by the OLB from opposite field and also a CB chasing...

Will add video soon

13. KnightNoles

Squeaker
    The Seminoles inch past Michigan, 17-14

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tallahassee, FL-- A game that was restarted 3 times due to freeze and probably a custom PB glitch that caused it, FSU had momentum in try #1 up 7-3 and Michigan had the advantage in both of the other two. A whole lot of defense and not very good offense until the fourth quarter, where 21 points were scored combined. FSU took the lead with 4:16 remaining in the fourth but Michigan answered back with a Vincent Smith 60 yard TD run reclaiming the lead at 14-10. The Noles would be forced to punt and then got the ball back with around a minute to go the length of the field. A huge play by WR Rodney Smith, who comes alive in key moments, put the ball down to the 9 yard line with 6 tics left on the clock. The Noles came out 5 wide, EJ got a killer block on the right that opened up a passing lane and he threw it so hard the LB didn't have a chance to make a play on the ball as Rashad Green hauled in the GW TD with 0:01 left on the clock.

=====================​

Second Quarter
    03:32 TD Michigan Jeremy Gallon WR #10 76 yard pass from Denard Robinson QB #16
    00:45 FG Florida State Dustin Hopkins K #18 49 yard field goal
    Fourth Quarter
    04:16 TD Florida State Willie Haulstead WR #82 45 yard pass from EJ Manuel QB #3
    03:48 TD Michigan Vincent Smith HB #2 60 yard rush
    00:01 TD Florida State Rashad Greene WR #80 9 yard pass from EJ Manuel QB #3​

=====================​

Denard Robinson 3-5 81 Yards TD INT
    Devin Gardner 3-12 70 Yards INT
    Vincent Smith 13 Att 89 Yards TD
    Jeremy Gallon 2 Rec 88 Yards TD
    Cameron Gordon 5 Tackles 2 Sacks

EJ Manuel 10-22 241 Yards 2 TDs INT
    Chris Thompson 23 Att 62 Yards
    Rodney Smith 2 Rec 96 Yards
    Willie Haulstead Rec 45 Yards TD
    Rashad Greene 2 Rec 35 Yards TD​

=====================​

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Week 3 Recruit update

[​IMG]

Penn ST wins an Out of conf matchup with Virginia 28-14

[​IMG]

Silas Redd powered Penn ST to victory with 180 yds on the ground and 2 TDs

Redd got the game started with a bang with this play on second and short

After Va QB Rocco lobbed a perfect pass to the TE to tie the score, Redd again found the endzone. Redd shows speed to get outside, elusiveness to avoid the DB and the power to run through a tackle at the goaline.

After VA loaded the box to stop Redd, McGloin was able to find throwing lanes. McGloin found JR wr Shawney Kersey on an out route and after a move and a broken tackle the result is a 46 yd TD and a 21-7 halftime lead.

The first time State gets the ball in the second half McGloin finds SR speedster Devon Smith on an in route and he out races the secondary to find paydirt from 34 yds out.

The defense was able to contain and preserve the lead as State gets ready for a big regional battle with Rutgers before starting BG1 play.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good wins...

16. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ohio State came in with a game plan, The Miami Coaches expected that the buckeyes where going to come in and try the game plan they went with, the bad thing is the Canes thought they were ready couldn't Stop it. The Canes only possessed the ball 4 times as Ohio St had over 19 Mins of Possession time. The Buckeyes did not want Miami's High Powered offense to get into any rhythm while forcing turnovers. The Good thing for the Canes was their Defense was lights out, forcing 3 Turnovers. The Buckeyes who were up 6-0 thanks to their kicker were ready to start another long drive when Miami Forced a fumble with a pass that was over the middle. SOPH CB Finne Returned it for the 7-6 Lead. With 38 Secs to go and up 12-7. All the Buckeyes had to do was play special teams. The Canes 5 Star HB Hill was allowed to field the ball cleanly. He broke a tackle jukes a few defenders and took the punt back 88 yards for the win. (GG Ben you almost had this one)

• Like Like x 3
  17. DrunkenSoldier

WEEK 2
    Michigan 17 @ Notre Dame 23

[​IMG]

This was a defensive struggle to say the least as both teams had a hard time moving the ball and not turning it over. Tommy Rees would have is worst game in 2 years as he would throw 5 INT's, Denard Robinson would throw 3 INt's and also have a fumble. Luckily The Irish were able to convert a couple of the turnovers into points while the defense would hold on for the victory.

First Quarter

04:45 TD Michigan Courtney Avery CB #5 17 yard interception
    02:02 FG Michigan Brendan Gibbons K #34 40 yard field goal

Second Quarter

03:26 TD Notre Dame Robby Toma WR #9 32 yard pass from Tommy Rees QB #11
    00:47 TD Notre Dame Cierre Wood HB #20 1 yard rush
    00:00 FG Notre Dame Kyle Brindza K #27 33 yard field goal

Third Quarter

05:04 TD Michigan Jeremy Gallon WR #10 17 yard pass from Denard Robinson QB #16

Forth Quarter

06:47 FG Notre Dame Kyle Brindza K #27 51 yard field goal
    00:06 FG Notre Dame Kyle Brindza K #27 29 yard field goal

Slaughter INT

Toma 32 yd TD Reception

McCarthy INT

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

SMH... DJ, you tryin' to get fired?! :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. smace767

smace767 Walk On

coaching rule # 27. never let the returner actually return the punt. unlike the Giants punter it is almost automatic that if you raise the angle straight up you get a 30 yd punt the guy has to fair catch. If he doesnt fair catch, it will be a fumble. it takes more seconds off the clock as well. Easy for me to say and those losses are tough to take. i feel ur pain.

20. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

All I Can Say is the South Florida really wanted this game, I could of taken all 5 Video's of the BS that went on but i only did 2. Look Below.

First Quarter
    05:00TDUSFSterling Griffin WR #17 73 yard pass from Bobby Eveld QB #13
    02:22TDUSFLindsey Lamar WR #5 17 yard pass from Bobby Eveld QB #13
    Second Quarter
    06:30TDMiamiBrandon McGee CB #21 31 yard interception
    04:28TDUSFGeorge Baker CB #22 27 yard interception
    02:24TDUSFDemetris Murray HB #21 1 yard rush
    02:11TDMiamiTommy Streeter WR #8 71 yard pass from Stephen Morris QB #17
    00:18FGMiamiJake Wieclaw K #40 30 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    03:12SFMiamiLamar Miller HB #6 0 yard safety
    01:48TDMiamiLamar Miller HB #6 45 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    05:08TDUSFDarrell Scott HB #3 15 yard pass from Bobby Eveld QB #13
    02:46TDMiamiStephen Morris QB #17 1 yard rush
    01:20TDMiamiAllen Hurns WR #1 59 yard pass from Stephen Morris QB #17
    00:44TDMiamiKendal Thompkins WR #83 34 yard pass from Stephen Morris QB #17

• Like Like x 1
  21. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Thats a big Mark Bavaro / jeremy shockey TE in the last video. Cover cbs have are hard time with them big b!tches.

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

Highlights

23. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Buckeyes lose another heartbreaker!

[​IMG][​IMG]

13 - 16
    [​IMG]
    Once agin the Buckeye defense put up a tremendous effort, but the lack of a legit passing game is killing them. "We just cant execute through the air right now, for whatever reason, either we have protection and no one is open or someone runs wide open but we either dont see him or bail from the pressure. We made some bad calls towards the end of that game that cost us. That wont happen agin. Said coach Ben....Its time for the Buckeyes to get back to old school football the way it should be. Will see how that goes lol

The Buckeyes had the lead late in the fourth quarter, after a Bradley Clark pick 6, but turned the ball over late giving BC terrrific feild position to tie the game at 13, and the eagles never looked back once they got the momentum.

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

To Boston College though?

The Big 10 is WEAK this year! Start calling y'll the Little Ten...

• Like Like x 1
  25. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Not much to say 10-3 game. The pick in the red zone had me alter my game plan. With wr Moye from last year i would have ran a different attack. I missed like 2 or 3 FGs and had a pick in the red zone. That pick was like my first turnover of the year.

The key play was an option that McGloin read the over flow to the outside and cut up field for 29 yds. That was the play of the game for Penn ST. The kick return was nice, but the option run was the key winning play. My highlights didnt save but i had a good press box wide view of the run.

jr Qb rob Bolden didnt play. He would normally play when the game plan calls for a running attack. McGloin can run though he is not as dynamic as Bolden, but he is clearly a better passer. But after a turnover in the redzone the OC pulled back on the throwing attack. As fate would have it. The third qrt was gonna see more passing / wide open offense. Running back the opening kick changed the gameplan back to Silas Redd and the ground game and the defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.