BCS Chaos Network (NCAA '11): Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

Scholarships: 69/70 roster. 11 seniors. 11+1= 12 scholarships

Offensive playbook: Pro (USC)

Defensive playbook: 4-3

Key Losses: Devin Gardner (QB). A lot of recruits thought the coaching stafff would be dismissed from Michigan after a 6-7 season and didn't commit. The offense will now be led by true freshman Joe Brown (65 overall).

Key Returners (please provide reason why) Clarence Williams HB and Matt Arnold ROLB. Even though Clarence and Matt didn't have NFL scouts drooling over them it was huge for us that they didn't use last year's success and jump. With a young team their leadership and experience will be leaned on heavily this season.

Players you expect to have a positive impact on your team. Clarence Williams, halfback. Even though the kid goes down often, when healthy he's a handful. I expect him to carry his share of the load this season. With a young QB he may be called on alot to carry our team to victory.

Newcomers that will contribute this season. Joe Brown (QB). He's being thrown into the fire. I hate to do a 'Sink or Swim' with such a young quarterback but we don't have too many other options. All I ask is that he doesn't turn the ball over. If we can keep the games close I think us as a coaching staff can put him in position to succeed more times than fail.

Season outlook/predictions for your team: 7-5. I have to be honest this season, no shit talking. We have a lot of unproven talent on both sides of the ball. Our QB situation is still unresolved (thanks EA for no spring game you homos!) and our line needs to step up. I believe in our team with all my heart but its going to take more than just believing this season. We're going to have sprinkle some blood, sweat, and tears into the equation this season.

Game you have marked Virginia Tech. Even though I have a very young team and we're outmatched on paper I have a sour taste in my mouth about the way we lost last season.

National Champion University of Southern California

Your conference champion Ohio State. Team is loaded. Our conference is tough but I think the 'Fuckguys' have enough power to overcome any obstacles this season.

BCS Chaos Player of the Year Jared Stanley, Texas. The Big 12 has no clue what defense is and this kid will put up some great numbers once again.

BCS Chaos Freshman of the Year Joe Brown QB, Michigan. Kid is going to have every opportunity to play. I think he'll put up decent stats to get some looks at Chaos FOTY.

3. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Scholarships: Roster 63-Seniors 8 = 15 Total

Offense: LSU

Defense: 3-4
    1. Who are your key losses from last season?
    QB Blake Bell, RB Roy Finch, WR Kenny Stills, and LB Corey Nelson. All four of these guys are going to be hard to replace. We've got some good young talent at QB to take over for Bell, but we're going to have to have a RB by committee to make up for Finchs lose. Stills will never be able to be replaces, he may go down as one of the greatest WRs in OU history.
    2. Who are your key returning players?
    LB Todd Harris was our leader on defense last year and will return for his senior season. He led the team in tackles last year with around 70 and will look to improve on that number this year. RG Matthew Clark and C Garin Johnson will need to continue their stellar play in order to open up holes and protect the young backfield we have behind them. They did a very good job of leading our offensive line last year that produced over 1600 rushing yards last year and only gave up around 8 sacks.
    3. Players you expect to have a positive impact on your team?
    Sophomore QB Roderick Edwards will be key to our success this year. He's more of a running threat than Bell was last year and we're going to use that to our strength. Defensively we have two young LBs in Jonathan Babcock and Jay Spurlock who will be very good before their time at OU is done. They are both big, physical LBs who can run side to side and make plays.
    4. What is your season outlook/prediction for your team?
    I think we may be able to surprise some teams this year after our down year last year, but lets not get carried away...Rome wasn't built in a day and we've got a long ways to go. We have some tough matchups with a great Florida team, have to travel to Michigan who beat us last year in our own house, and have the always tough Red River Rivalry with Texas. I'm going to say we go 8-4 this year and end up in the Cotton Bowl or Holiday Bowl again.
    5. Game you have marked on your calendar?
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Our early season battle with Florida. It's going to be a great measuring stick for our team and we need to play well. We've always got the Red River Rivalry with Texas circled. They beat us pretty good last year and need to play better in order to compete with a very talented Texas team. [/COLOR]
    [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]6. Who are you picking to win the National Championship?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    I believe I correctly picked West Virginia last year, so I'm going to see if I can make it two years in a row. I'm going to take Coach Tubb and USC to win it all this year. LSU and Florida are both very talented, but it seems like they like to each knock each other off once a year and I don't think a one loss team makes it to the BCS Championship this year. California has been talking a lot of shit to USC and Coach Tubb and I think he just may have had about enough of it. His offense is ubber talented and may put up 50 pts a game. If he can get through his non conference schedule undefeated I think he'll run the table.
    7. Who will win the Big 12?
    The University of Texas
    8. Who will win the BCS Chaos POY?
    [SIZE=3][I]USC QB Kawika Siegel[/I][/SIZE]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]
    Scholarships: 11
    Offense: UL Monroe
    Defense: Multiple
    1. Who are your key losses from last season?
    We lost a lot of talent off of last year's team, especially on defense. We are thin at CB with the departure of Cody Riggs, Jalen Watkins, and Jordan Haden. Losing Floyd, Easley, and Dylan Zeigler has also left this a less talented defensive unit.
    2. Who are your key returning players?
    Anthony Swain, Clarence Webster, Brad Robinson, Tyrone Gray, and Marcus Hill are all NFL caliber guys on offense. On defense, Randall McClain, Randall McCullough, Melvin Blake, Danny Haynes, and Joe Callahan will all play on Sundays.
    3. Players you expect to have a positive impact on your team?
    We are looking for a big year from our new starting DTs, Tim Hall and William Welsh as well as starting RE Ray Siegel. These three will form the core of our DL for the next few years. Also, look for a big year from SO OLB Ryan Casey.
    4. What is the season outlook/prediction for your team?
    Anything short of an SEC and BCS title will be a disappointment this season.
    5. Game you have marked on your schedule.
    The 2015 SEC Championship Game.
    6. Who are you predicting to win the national championship?
    Florida.
    7. Who will win the SEC Championship.
    Florida.
    8. Who will win Chaos POTY?
    Jared Stanley, RB, Texas

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

SEC questions for 2015:

1. LSU 3-peat? The Tigers have been the class of the SEC, twice defeating Florida in Atlanta. Can they make it a 3rd straight? The Tigers are loaded on both sides of the ball, but will break in a new starter at QB in Jon Welsh.

2. Tennessee challenge? The Vols lost talented freshman Pierre Butler to injury last season. Now that he is back is this the year Tennessee makes a run at Atlanta?

3. Will Florida continue to be a bride's maid? The Gators have been one win away from the national title each of the past two seasons. Florida returns most of its offense and a number of key players on defense; however, losing most of the D-line can't be good news for the Gators when taking on Kenneth Harley.

4. Is the SEC a two team league? Last season was not a banner year for the conference. There were only three teams, LSU, Florida, and Alabama, who made any noise on the national stage. This blogger doesn't see any change in the SEC landscape this season, but hopefully the Tennessees and Ole Misses of the world made some strides.

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Where Are They Now?: Trey Burton

[​IMG]

The last bit of news we heard on Mr. Burton is that he was not selected during the 2014 NFL Draft and that he was working on entering the world of selling used cars. His national profile has seen an up-tick since those days but many fans may wish he had stayed in the shadows.

Trey Burton is quite famous in the state of Florida and was known as LSU Killa in his college days. Leading the Gators to many a victory and slaying their rivals many times in the process endeared him to the Florida locals.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have had trouble selling tickets for several years and during the '14 season they developed an opening on the roster for a QB. Since it was just for the #3 spot they figured why not bring Burton in to spark some interest in the team? Burton wasn't busy with anything too exciting at the time so he signed on the dotted line. The Jaguars had a 7-3 record at the time so Burton figured it was as good a time as any to jump on the bandwagon.

Little did he know how he would affect the team down the stretch. You see the thing about Trey is that he runs well and all that jazz but he isn't too good of a passer. That is something that kind of holds you back in the NFL. By this point QB Trent Edwards was the leader of the Jags offensive attack following the retirement of David Garrard and crusty vet David Carr was the #2 man on the depth chart.

Edwards wound up getting nailed in the next game and tore the rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder. The injury knocked him out for the season. The team lost that game with Carr at QB. Carr was their clear best option as the starter going forward but since no one in Florida gave a shit about the Jaguars they decided to play up the local hero angle and gave Burton the starting nod.

Mental and physical mistakes ensued and the offense found it very difficult to get into a rhythm. Many of the veteran players questioned why Burton was allowed to play. The team promptly collapsed under Trey's "leadership" and lost 5 of their last 6 games and fell short of the playoffs.

Who knows if we'll ever hear from Trey Burton again?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

You're a terrible person, Max. lol.

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

SEC Predictions

Here is a quick preview of the Blog's thoughts on how things will shake out in the SEC in 2015, starting in the East:

1. Florida
    2. Tennessee
    3. South Carolina
    4. Georgia
    5. Kentucky
    6. Vanderbilt

No real surprises here. The only real question is can Tennessee mount a challenge to Florida? We will find out early in the season when the Vols travel to The Swamp.

And now, the West:

1. LSU
    2. Alabama
    3. Ole Miss
    4. Auburn
    5. Arkansas
    6. Mississippi State

SEC Offensive Player of the Year: Kenneth Harley, HB, LSU. The best do-it-all back in the country. Look for LSU to feed him the rock 20+ times a game. For a "sleeper," I'll give you Tyrone Gray, WR, Florida. 6'6 Randy Moss type WR who could be first off the board in next April's NFL draft.

SEC Defensive Player of the Year: Take your pick. I'll say Joe Callahan, SS, Florida. Last year Callahan was a first team all-american as a sophomore. He is a physical safety with good coverage skills. Many have compared him to the late, great Sean Taylor.

SEC Champion: LSU. Although coach 2Bits holds the all time lead in the series, the Tigers just find a way to win in Atlanta. We don't see that changing this year.

9. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to The Big East Blog!
    The Road to the 2105 Orange Bowl Starts Here!

10. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

West Virginia Spring Preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is a quick breakdown of the 2015 West Virginia Team Heading into Spring practices​
    Offense - WVU was hit hard by graduation on the offensive side of the ball. They loss their top 2 quarterbacks, top 3 tailbacks and all of their starting wide receivers. The bright spot of the offense will be the offensive line which returns all 5 starters.
    QB -- There has been a heated QB competition for the starting QB position. Junior Jeremy Gray looks to have a slight lead but SR Steve Martin brings the athleticism that this offense thrives with. Should be interesting to watch this one play out.​
    RB -- Another interesting situation. Not a lot of talent at this position. Mark Mayhew looks better each day but look for some of the older players to push him for he starting role.​
    WR -- Not much to say here. Its a 3 man race. Patton Henry and Wilcox should all see the ball this year. Look for WVU to upgrade with their next recruiting class.​
    O-Line -- No story here. We know these guys. all starters since their freshman year and have played together since. young guys will most likely redshirt.​
    Defense -- The strength of this years team will be their Defense. 10 of 11 starters return from a defense that was ranked in the top 5 last year.
    D-Line -- Some New faces here. Woodard will hold down the DT spot after his all american freshman year. Berry and Wilson will both start at the DE spots.​
    Line Backers -- Daniels, Thompson, and Young all return for their senior years and will start again.​
    Defensive Backs -- All American Kevin Robinson and Jon Reed return and both will start at the corner positions. Mosby and Smith will battle for the SS position. Robert Bryant may redshirt after a great freshman year at FS so look for Ken Jean to start.​
    Special Teams​
    Freshman Zach Hughes will most likely take over punting and kicking responsibilities​
    Preseason is right around the corner and everyone is improving. Look for a few shakeups in the depth chart before the season starts -- especially on the offensive side of the ball.​

11. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Scholarships: 17
    Offense: Syracuse
    1. Who are your key losses from last season?​
    QB Jeremy Johnson,WR R.Herron, WR Ivan Mccartney , WR Aaron Boone​
    2. Who are your key returning players?​
    Entire offensive line. OLB John Thompson.​
    3. Players you expect to have a positive impact on your team?​
    JR QB Jeremy Gray. With the departure of most of our offense from last season we will need to rely on most of our older guys offensive side of the ball. He will need to step up and have a good year for us to be successful.​
    4. What is your season outlook/prediction for your team?​
    A bit of a rebuilding year. i will say 9-3.​
    5. Game you have marked on your calendar?​
    Cincinnati. we got a big win last season but this year will be another tough game. It may also decide the big east champion so we will need to focus on that game.​
    6. Who are you picking to win the National Championship?​
    USC. So much talent on that team. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. They will be tough to stop​
    7. Who will win the Big East?​
    Rutgers​
    8. Who will win the BCS Chaos POY?​
    USC QB Kawika Siegel​

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

nice work, boondock.

13. Maximus21

[​IMG]

Scholarships: 12 (10 Seniors, Roster Size is 68)
    Offense: Boise St.

Key Losses: MLB Adam Richardson, CB Eric Reid, QB Adam Fitzpatrick, TE Geoff White, WRs Kadron Boone, Tharold Simon, James Wright, HB Justin Miller - 2 biggest impact defenders and the entire passing game is gone. Young guns will have to step it up to replace them.

Key Returns: HB Kenneth Harley - started last year and carried the offense. No longer splitting time since Miller made the stupid decision to jump so he can be a 7th rd pick and a 3rd down back in the League. ROLB Matt Davis - could have jumped early but came back to cement his legacy.

Impact Players: HB Kenneth Harley, ROLB Matt Davis - both 99 overall and key cogs for the Tigers.

Top Freshman: FR(RS) RG Markus Johnson (86 OVR) - OL play is always important so how he fares will impact the rest of the offense. I have confidence in him due to his mobility and blocking abilities.

Season Outlook: Could be a very good year for the pre-season #1 but have a tough schedule ahead and are breaking in a lot of new starters on the offense. They have a lot of talent so it should be a matter of time before they are just as good as their predecessors.

Big Games: Home games with #2 Florida, #3 USC and #5 Texas will all be huge tests for our program. Other tough games still to be played include @ #10 Miami and #15 Tennessee.

SEC Champion: LSU :D

National Champion: Who really knows since we call it Chaos for a reason? I will cast my vote for undervalued Ohio State. Is that because I play the #2, 3 and 5 teams and hope to beat them all? Only I know for sure.

BCS Chaos Player of The Year: USC QB Kawika Siegel - too good with too many weapons to pass him up.

BCS Chaos Freshman of The Year: FSU QB Alan Mays

14. Maximus21

Possibly best WR in the nation is a "sleeper." Interesting choice of words - trying to play the underdog card at Florida.

I'll put up the pre-season AA's when that is posted. Also, I'll do my best to remember to post the actual AA's at the end of the season.

15. Maximus21

Should be another good year for the Mountaineers. Nice work on this.

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Well...I am going to spread the rock around, so he won't have a 2,000 yard 20 TD season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maximus21

True that

18. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]
    Roster Size: 65
    Scholarships:19 (14 Seniors + 5)

Offense: Multiple
    Defense: Multiple D

Key Losses:
    QB Bryan George, WR Darius Terrell and pretty much the rest of my receiving core. The defense didnt lose to much.

Key Returns:
    HB Jared Stanley, of course this was big news as Jared decided to stay for his Senior year and with Senior HB Matt Scott, they are probably the best HB Dual in the country

Impact Players:
    Besides the running backs first year starter Brett Fields playing quarterback is going to have to be an impact player. This Sophomore has a good arm with great mobility and should get more comfortable as the season goes on. On the D-line Lawrence Brown should be an impact player he's a little small for DT but he makes up for it with it effort

Top FreshMan:
    With Texas class coming in a little weaker then expected left some gaping wholes in the WR core as 3 :4stars:receivers they all came in at 66 ovr. Jason Hall will be starting at LT as a true freshman while this class also brought in 3 new safeties who are all looking promising and will have backup positions this year.

Season Outlook:
    After turning things around last year coach Drunken and his LongHorns are ready to take the next step and with LSU (who played in the National Title game) and Virginia Tech (finished the season ranked #2) on the early part of the schedule we will find out soon if Texas has what it takes.

Big Games:
    Week 3 LSU
    Week 4 Virgina Tech
    Week 6 Oklahoma

All 3 big games 2 with BCS implications and one with Big 12 implications and bragging rights on the line.

Big 12 Champion:
    Texas LongHorns

National Champion:
    Texas LongHorns

BCS Chaos Player of The Year:
    Jared Stanley. Texas LongHorns

BCS Chaos Freshman of The Year:
    Not sure right now will have to do a little research, but i definitely know hes not on Texas

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    User Team Recruiting Classes
    Team| Class Rank| Top Recruit
    [​IMG]| #2| :5stars: QB B.Rollins
    [​IMG]| #4| :5stars: HB B. Washington
    [​IMG]| #6| :5stars: CB P.Wise
    [​IMG]| #8| :5stars: TE N.Calhoun
    [​IMG]| #12| :5stars: TE S.Barr
    [​IMG]| #21| :5stars: MLB R.Riley
    [​IMG]| #25| :4stars: DE T.Vincent
    [​IMG]| #28| :5stars: G R.Oliver
    [​IMG]| #33| :4stars: QB A.Broussard
    [​IMG]| #54| :5stars: ATH R.Malone
    [​IMG]| #59| :5stars: WR J.Jones
    [​IMG]| #72| :4stars: WR B.Paris
    I don't understand these fvckin' tables... broke ass shit, these fvckin' tables need a patch!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Maximus21

7 of the top 11 guys on my board have me at #1 so it should be a good year for the Tigers on the recruiting trail. The only drawback this year is I only have 12 scholarships available. That means I need to be very judicious. I'll be doing my best to scum over @bigtubb_ whenever possible so be on the lookout for that.

• Like Like x 2
  21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have to catch up! Great stuff so far you guys. Preseason #1 and #2... I have a feeling one of you is going to get upset this year.

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just a friendly reminder:

-We're striving to go to a 'two deep' system in the depth chart. This year we aren't going to 'go hard' on it but please take that into account when your recruiting this season. May have to swallow your pride and aim for some JUCO two stars for some depth this season.

- @forever97 gets three extra scholarships this season

23. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

[​IMG]

Scholarships

Offensive playbook:
    Multiple

Defensive playbook:
    Multiple

Key Losses :

Key Returns:

Offense: QB Christian Tate| RB John Smith| WR Nathan Christian

Defense: OLB Bryan Mills| OLB Kenny Barnes| CB J.J Stewart

We are returning a handful of talented kids, several of our guys were pre season all americans and we feel that we have a shot at a decent bowl game this season because of these kids.
    Impact Players:

Offense: QB Christian Tate| RB John Smith| WR Nathan Christian

Defense: OLB Bryan Mills| OLB Kenny Barnes| CB J.J Stewart

The guys on offense are going to be responsible for learning a new system and really will be relied upon to step up this season. There is a lot of ground to be made up between Cal and USC and these kids will determine just how competitive the Golden Bears can become now and in the future.
    Top Newcomers:

Cal had a poor year in recruiting and at this time we do not feel like we have any newcomers with a spitballs chance in hell of playing on a field in the PAC-10 during 2015.

Season Outlook:
    First off 2015 is going to be a retooling season for Cal and it's players. The team is undergoing a major change in identity on both offensive and defensive sides of the pigskin. That being said the Cal A.D expects the Golden Bears to be 8-4 to end 2015.

Impact games:
    Week 3 Vs Cinci​
    Week 4 @OSU​
    Week 9 @USC​

National Champion:

[​IMG]

Pac 10 Champion:

[​IMG]

BCS Chaos Player of the Year:
    QB Kawika Siegel | USC

BCS Chaos Freshman of the Year:

24. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Finally someone who is honest....lol

25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Since I could only recruit 9 guys last year, I have 25 scholies this year. Hopefully I can fill all of my needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.