Archived BCS Chaos Network: Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 3, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Season 2

[​IMG]

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

3. KnightNoles

Not really pumped about the overall recruiting class as a whole

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm happy as hell about my recruiting class. This is the first time I ever put 35 kids on my board. Out of those 35, 20 of them are great :3stars: or excellent :4stars:

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Recruiting News

[​IMG]

Needs: Punter(1), Center(1), Free Safety(1) and Guard(1)
    PipeLines: California, Florida, Ohio, Indiana, New Jerzey, Illinois, Kentucky and North Carolina

First 2 Commitments week 1

[​IMG]

Fills a need and he might even be a starter next year as this years backup is pretty weak, depending on how good he is or we might need to make some position changes along the O-line come next season

[​IMG]

Adds good depth to a young secondary, a little small but has great speed and acceleration. Most likely will redshirt next season

• Like Like x 1
  6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I love recruiting i have been nevada and kent st and had good classes and i have been FSU/ miami/ Oklahoma and have had #1 recruiting classes in ODs. But i have never started a season with my roster AND recruiting like this season.

To start i have 17 SRs but only 11 start. i think Redd will go pro and 2-3 guys will transfer.

17 top 150 recruits most are actually in the top 80, have me #1
    2 top 150 recruits have me #2
    total 21 top 150 recruits have me in their top 4 and thats at every position accept T and TE. i signed 3 TEs last season and have 4 underclass T with 2 Freshmen over 74.

I had to drop a top 10 QB because i already had 2 top 6 Qbs have me #1 and 2 more #2.
    i had to drop a top #12 wr and will drop 1 more from my board depending on who signs first.
    dropped a safety in any other year / dynasty i would have kept. i dropped at top 16 DE.

OLB is still an issue but i have a few 4 star and a few lower rated guys i might get and i have a bunch of 220 to 245 lb guys at other positions(safety and DE) who could make the move if they had too.

should be crazy. it wouldnt hurt if rutgers, ohio st and mich lose early to let me get a lead on guys.

oh yeah= signed 4 week one, 2 DE, 1 cb, 1 FS

7. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Im not to thrilled with lack of elite corners or those intrested but illl take it, im Paper thin at CB has to convert 2 safties only had 3 on the roster. Linebackers are thin also and ill have 1 DE next year so we are defense heavy this year. Have to rebuild that side quickly

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I need to recruit some QBs...changed my offense to pro-style passing offense....less spread stuff...
    My team looks much better.. but now I need to recruit more pro-style guys...

9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All my cards on the table. If they didnt get a call, they are plan B. Everyone that got a call is first priority. Some guys just got an offer or 10 mins, so that i dont fall to far behind in case they become needed as plan B.

One of the WR and two of the QBs will get dropped. the SS will get dropped. #11 the DE will get dropped.

10. KnightNoles

RGIII is still at Baylor, how long is it now 10 years? Sheesh

• Like Like x 1
  11. KnightNoles

Before I went back and added some recruits I only had 18 on the board

12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I Usually keep 14 to 20 on my board unless i need a big class and i have many interested. I actually have like 32 on my board now. I will almost never have over 24 on at a time.

After about week two i get an idea who i will sign and who i give up on. If there is a guy who is out there with just me chasing him and a a higher guy with a few users or elite programs on him. I will let that higher guy go. Only exception is if i have the higher program and i really want him and im pretty sure im gonna win the battle. For every 5 star there is a 4 star almost as good, for every top 150 there are 4 and 3 stars almost as good. and there are 3 stars and jucos that will come in high 70's to low 80s.

With all those top 150s, there were a grip of 5 stars who had interest that i didnt even go after and put on my board because it would be a battle and in the end not worth it. I agree wit whoever said it. This class is kinda weak in a few positions. even the 4 and 5 stars dont really stand out.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

You werent kidding about all those guys in the Top 150, looking god for the top recruiting class if you land 3/4 of those guys

14. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Also very thin on defense but Baylor is still very young, we will be losing only 3 starters on D. Need upgrades in the secondary and DT if the Bears are gonna hang with the big boys. On the offensive side of the ball we are losing 5 starters, 3 OL and RG3. Gonna be a huge fall off at QB as next in line is 77 OVR. Baylor is also trying to transition to a more pro style offense, but with Griffin at QB for one more season, the option will still be a part of the offense for now. The only freshman not to redshirt was 4 star TE Johnny McWilliams, so we have a lot of young talent that hopefully matures well.

15. KnightNoles

I see why Mike had a very good year last year, I was able to contain RG3 and my dline just outclassed Baylor.. That was a huge advantage along with Rodney Smith just being able to dominate any DB he went up against. Chris Thompson and the running game stayed patient and was able to hit a hole and go 80 yards.

good game man it was a fun game

I told Mike that I am going to try and not bitch this year ;)

16. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

[​IMG]

CAN THE SUN DEVILS IMPROVE THIS YEAR?

TOUGH DEFENSE SHOULD NOT BE THE PROBLEM...

Arizona State is returning several starters on defense and enters it's second season under DC Big Bear Wasyliw. The Sun Devil defense generated a huge number of sacks last year, spreading the pressure all across the line, with every end and tackle making plays in the backfield.

The defensive line should remain solid. While the left side will suffer from departures, Junior Onyeali will continue to lock down the right side and generate pressure from the edge. The 5'11" Junior packs a wallop at 247 lbs, which is about as much weight as he can pack on to his sub-6' frame and still maintain his quickness.

[​IMG]

Behind the defensive line, the linebacking corps will again be headed up by Vontaze Burfict, who is the most talented Sun Devil on defense. Coach Bear looks to get Vontaze more involved in the blitz this year and does hope that Burfict can do a better job of controling his speed in the tackle, making sure to wrap up instead of letting his intensity get the better of him, cuasing him to miss tackles [as happened in the bitter bowl loss last year on a key play].

The plan to involve Burfict more down low should be effective given that the Sun devils have a very solid group of defensive backs that can handle some pressure. Particuarly at cornerback, ASU is stacked.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have a full 35. I only talk to about 14 of 'em weekly though. Wanna see if keeping them on my board actually keeps them interested.

18. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

its been confirmed that it does

19. KnightNoles

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

21. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Mathew Hill 6'1 211 :5stars: RB 78 OVR 3rd String, PR/KR starter
    Gary Battle 6'5 217 :5stars: ATH(now WR) 5th String
    RS(FR)Denzel Perryman ROLB Starter
    RS(FR) Eddie Johnson LOLB Starter after next week 94 Speed

Pick one of follow all 4...these guys will be the most active

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Kyle Thomas 6'0" 240 :5stars: ATH (RB) 79 OVR 2nd String

23. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Johnny McWilliams TE :4stars:only Freshman not redshirted

24. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Edgar Wilson WR :5stars:(81 ovr)

I think i have fallen into a situation where the depth on my team will push almost every recruit from this point forward to the sideline until there third year on campus.
    Whether it be a true JR or Redshirt soph. guys will have players in front of them. Even Freshmen Edgar Wilson, a 5 star recruit, will not be guaranteed to be a starter Or #2 wr next year.

With only 11 sr starters and a bunch of sophs and jrs it will be a while before freshmen play at all but 2 positions.

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Grabbed a guy on the advance. Will post him up in a second.