Archived BCS Chaos: RiVaLz

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida / LSU History (recent)

In recent years the Florida / LSU game has become a match-up between national title contenders. Both teams have appeared in the SEC Championship game several times since the league's merger in 1992, no team winning more times than the Gators. Here is a look back at some of the more recent memorable moments from this intense and growing SEC rivalry:

2006: Florida, on its way to the school's 2nd national title, came to life against the Tigers in the 2nd half. Riley Cooper knocked Early Doucet the f*ck out to start the 2nd half.

[YOUTUBE]x28qN6akmK8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Tell 'em CUBE!

[YOUTUBE]FZ1cJQ17sSk&has_verified=1[/YOUTUBE]

2007: Florida, the defending national champion, rolls into perhaps the most difficult place to play in all of college football - Death Valley at night.

[YOUTUBE]tzGS2CQtERk[/YOUTUBE]

Although LSU won this game, we all still think Les Miles is retarded.

2008: REVENGE! LSU fans rolled into Gainesville like they owned the place. They entered the Swamp as champs, they left it as Gator Bait! My drunk ass dumped popcorn all over my head after Percy scored the first TD.

[YOUTUBE]XbcRMFZg6YE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

2009: Noggin watch was on. Superman himself had gone down against Kentucky with a concussion, and all eyes were on Tebow. Florida's defense came up big. Joe Haden, Brandon Spikes & co. held LSU to 3 points.

[YOUTUBE]r1VgXykuDCk[/YOUTUBE]

2010 - LSU @ FLORIDA?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You beat me to it... was gonna put something up similar.... good work.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Thanks, dog. I think it would be cool to create a rivalries thread, similar to what we did with Florida / Tennessee, although I doubt anything will ever top that!

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

that would be awsome...would love to post as much anti michigan stuff as i can find hahah

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Nice post 2Bits. I've never seen that Cooper hit for a safety LOL.

Nice! hahaha

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida / Florida State History

The rivalry between the Gators and Seminoles has historically been one of the most contentious in college football, but never more so from the period of 1900 to 2000, when the Gators and Noles met 12 times. During all 12 meetings both teams were ranked in the top 10.

1990: The first meeting of Steve Spurrier and Bobby Bowden ended with a 45-20 FSU victory in Tallahassee.

1991: The stakes were much higher a year later, as FSU was ranked #3 and Florida #5. Florida secured a 14-9 victory in the Swamp.

1992: Florida State, led by the original dual-threat QB Charlie Ward, was way too much for the Gators to handle in Tallahassee.

1993: Florida State, en route to their first National Championship, was too much for the Gators to handle in the Swamp:

[YOUTUBE]oZsrdVlXG9w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

1994: THE CHOKE AT DOAK. This is perhaps the most famous game in the rivalry, and the most painful for Florida fans. In retrospect, I find the game amusing. Jack Jackson was destroying Florida State in this game. The best part of the vid is when Albert does the FSU chomp followed by the throat slash - hybris strikes again:

[YOUTUBE]U14orBc2xws&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

1995 (1): The 1995 Sugar Bowl featured a rematch between SEC Champion Florida and ACC Champion Florida State. Warrick Dunn's HB pass sealed the game for FSU:

[YOUTUBE]HmcSiUufH-o[/YOUTUBE]

1995 (2): Florida wins in the Swamp 35-24 and caps off its first undefeated regular season in school history. Florida would go on to lose BADLY to Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.

1996 (#1 vs. #2): Great game in Tallahassee which saw the #1 Gators fall to the #2 Seminoles 24-21.

1997 (1): The Sugar Bowl - The stars alined for the Gators as Texas lost to Nebraska in the Big XII Championship game to set up a rematch of the 24-21 game at the Doak. To put it simply, Florida rolled Florida State en route to its first National Title:

[YOUTUBE]UXdTHa7ayOA[/YOUTUBE]

1997 (2): THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED AT THE SWAMP: Florida State entered the Swamp ranked #1 and poised to make another title run. Florida had lost the #1 ranking less than a month earlier against Georgia. This video has it all: Sebastian Janikowski's fag-ass doing the Gator chomp, the Ole Ball Coach calling a deep pass followed by a draw, and a great ending:

[YOUTUBE]AMhBVIrcLP8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

1998: Florida rolled into Tallahassee with its best chance to win at Doak since 1986! Florida State's starting QB Chris Wenkie was out with an injury, but back-up Marcus Outzen killed Florida on multiple scrambles to move the chains and earn a 23-12 victory.

1999: Florida State and Peter Warrick surged to a 10-0 lead at the Swamp, and then Florida came back and took the lead on this Bernie Alexander pick 6:

[YOUTUBE]BWo_Cj77Od8[/YOUTUBE]

Florida State would rally to win the game, 31-24, as Jessie Palmer's desperation heave would fall short.

[​IMG]

What a stud!

2000: Florida State blew out Florida on their way to their third straight appearance in the BCS Championship game.

2001: Florida would cruise past Florida State in the Swamp 37-17 in what was the beginning of the end of Florida State's football dominance.

2002: Florida State won this game, but I honestly don't remember it. Let's face it, Jen and her friends were the best things going for Florida or Florida State at this point of the rivalry:

[​IMG]

2003: A match-up of fairly mediocre teams (they were ranked #9 and #11!) in the Swamp still meant a lot to the fans of both schools. Florida had been the victim of two blown fumble calls, but still held a 3 point lead late in the fourth quarter:

[YOUTUBE]4ZT7nYmvp-U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Rix to P.K. Sam for the Touchdown. BTW, this just in: Gus Scott (#9) really sucks...

2004: RON ZOOK FIELD!: Florida limped into a 7:45 ESPN game against equally inept Florida State. The kicker here was that on this night, the Seminoles were dedicating the newly christened "Bobby Bowden Field" at Doak Cambell Stadium. Florida, in Ron Zook's last game as coach, would earn their first victory in Tallahassee since 1986.

[​IMG]

2005 - 2009: The Urban Meyer Era: Urban Meyer's arrival on campus has signaled a drastic turn in the rivalry. Florida has won the last 6 games, including the Ron Zook game, by mostly comfortable margins. This play, IMO, sums up the last 5 years of Florida vs. Florida State:

[YOUTUBE]lpKH7a2PFEE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Really impressive stuff Bits!!!

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Thanks man. Hopefully our games will live up to the hype!

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

lol thanks to jimbo fsu has been dominating recruiting, they stole another uf verbal commit last wedns

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

that was cool bits..If the 95 game would have been played now there would have been 10 or 15 personal fouls because of the horse collar rule now lol...seemed like every tackle they were dragging eah other down by it

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

We'll see. Everyone made a huge deal about this last year (Matt Elam etc.) and Florida put it to FSU on the recruiting trail. Urban Meyer is the best recruiter in the country IMO. I do agree that FSU will make a resurgence under Jimbo Fisher, but let's reopen the recruiting talk in January, because at this point these guys change their minds like three times a day.

12. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

(y) Excellent post 2bits!

Feels like I'm watching the Classic Sports channel and the FSU and UF rivalry is the special broadcast.

Carson Palmer LOL!

Them two girls on the left :D...wow

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[YOUTUBE]i593l5qfr9M[/YOUTUBE]

Florida defeats LSU in OT, with a rematch in the upcoming SEC Championship game. For Florida, a win will salvage a disappointing season which saw the Gators lose to rivals Georgia and Florida State for the first time in many years. For LSU, a victory will keep the Tigers hopes of a birth in the BCS championship game alive. LSU needs Texas to lose in the Big XII title game, and will also have to jump Boise St. in the BCS.

14. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Hey man Boise we need a rival bc hawaii,fresno and somebody not cutting it....lol

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have to fix this thread:thumbsup: