Archived BCS Chaos Season 3 Game of the Week (2)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Oct 30, 2010.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Week 2

GAME
    Of The
    Week

Features

The Ohio State Buckeyes and The Clemson Tigers

#1[​IMG] vs #8[​IMG]

The defending National Champions look to continue the longest winning streak in the nation as they travel to Clemson, S.C. for a top ten user matchup game. On paper, the Buckeyes overmatch the Tigers in every category. The Buckeyes will be playing their first season in the post Terrell Pryor era. The player they have to replace him has similar attributes as the superstar QB. Byron Dawson is a true freshman that has all the intangibles. He can run, throw it and oh, did I mention he can RUN. The only area where he falls short to the Ohio St. legend would be his height. At only 5’11, Dawson will struggle to see his receivers behind that massive line that averages 6’5, 300+ pounds. To keep the pressure off of Dawson, The Buckeyes will rely on their veteran RB’s Hall, Smith and Berry. However, the problem herein lies trying to keep the back field happy with the distribution of carries. (A good problem to have, I guess!)

The newly acquired Coach Paw will look to start fresh in what will be his first full season under the helm at Clemson. The Tigers also have a star a QB themselves by the name of Tajh Boyd. The 6’1 227pd has played sparingly up to this point, but has full control of the offense in just his JR season. He has great throwing power, but lacks the accuracy to be consistent in the passing game. When he is in trouble, he has the ability to get out of trouble with his feet. Probably one of the quickest QB’s in the nation, if he can escape the pocket, look for Boyd to give some defensive coordinators some headaches. His partner in crime, Andre Ellington, looks to have a break out year running the football. He is the leading returning rusher from a year ago with over 500yds on the ground with 6 tds. The problem facing Coach Paw and the Tigers would probably be depth. They are very thin at a lot of key positions, particularly the RB position.

Will Ohio St. dominate the up and coming Tigers or will the 12th man in Death Valley be too much for the freshman QB to handle! CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!!!

2. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I will keep my anti Ohio St. streak alive: Clemson wins 31-30.

3. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Ohio st 42-28

4. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I wasnt expecting Clemson especially considering the talent at Ohio St. GG Paw!

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You and Paw were the only ones who probably called this one... I honestly didn't think Clemson could hang with the talented Buckeyes but I guess that's why the game isn't decided on paper:).... Even with the 8th ranked squad in the nation this may be the upset of the year in my book... nothing against you Paw but ben and his squad don't lose to often and never this early, good job at shockin' the world

6. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

We are def loaded this year at a bunch of spots..accept the most important one :(
    and plus I suck

7. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

missed this one, but I definitely would have picked OSU. huge W for Clemson.

8. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I just picked it that way to spite those rotten buckeyes but great job by Paw backing up my big mouth. If only I didn't get embarrassed on my home turf by the smurfs.

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

im the opposite...im all off with no oline...lol. My lb's were getting raped by ryan williams

10. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Hey thanks guys. It was definitely a upset even in my books. My overall team grade is a B and my highest rated player I think is 95 and he's the punter and then my next best player is rated 88. The only reason we won this is turnovers. His 4 to my 0 and it was still very close. The defense was just really optimistic. We really only had two drives of really nice offense the entire game. Definitely a upset but ben's team will no doubt do better the rest of the season imo.