BCS Madness!!!

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Feb 10, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Anyone take a look at the BCS rankings? Lots of possibilities for the NC game. Washington State is sitting pretty for a BCS bid, as they don't have to play in the CCG...but they do need to beat Washington, which has proved a bit of a problems for gowazzucougs in the past.

Ohio State and MaxATX34 control their own destiny, needing to beat Michigan and win the CCG against ??? Michigan State and coach Kapono??? Not even sure whats going on there. I know Northwestern and Coach MexiRican35 were in control of that division until they lost to Michigan. I assume Michigan State will play Ohio State but Im not sure.

Notre Dame and coach Wyrmreaver could sneak into the NC game as well. If they can beat Stanford they will clinch a BCS bowl and an outside shot at the title game.

Cal and coach Jayrah are also on the cusp of the NC game, sitting 3rd in the BCS and coming off a stunning shutout of Cheez 's Stanford squad in Palo Alto. Cal will need to get by the winner of the USC/UCLA game to have a shot at the title.

Some strange things could happen. Who knows, even UCLA could sneak in there if things go completely haywire :D

Thoughts?

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I needed Stanford to beat cal if I was gonna sneak into the NC..... But I'll get a bcs bowl with one more win, so I can't complain

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

If I mention NC, I fall apart in the ccg, that just how its gone. We're approaching this ccg like any other game on the schedule this year! But I think we all know its a must-win for our program. 6 star status is within our grasp.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I still have to beat Northwestern to play Ohio St. Not looking past that game yet, but the winner's in the CCG

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wasnt sure what was going on in that division :) I know Mexi had control but lost to Michigan. Well you guys could really screw things up and one of you knock off Ohio State (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

All 3 of us lost to Michigan :eek:. Mine was a sim. But Michigan is 4-2 in the conference and hasn't played OSU yet anyways

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Danthraxxx would be proud

• Like Like x 1
  8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The plan is coming to fruition, Stanford needs to beat ND, and UCLA takes down Cal, then WSU will wait.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

My teams end up like my ex girlfriends .... Better off without me in the long run .... And taking antibiotics ;)

• Like Like x 4
  10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You still think i won't jump you if I can beat USC and Cal? Your best bet would be for me to lose to USC, USC to beat Cal and Stanford to beat ND. Then you MIGHT have a chance...You're gonna get a BCS bid regardless.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

LOL hilarious

12. Wyrmreaver

Part of the problem here is that we can pretty much pencil in TCU.......

tOSU is in if he wins out. If he loses Cal is in if he wins out, if both of those guys lose I am in if I win out...... if all 3 of us lose, Jesus is coming back with Tebow at his right hand to usher in the Zombie Apocalypse and Wazzu could actually sneak into the NC game

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

trust me I am ready for the apocalypse

14. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Even with the loss to Michigan :confused:, I still control my own destiny (in a way). Iowa now is out with Kapono beating them. If (They should) MaxATX34 beats Michigan they will be out. Then it will come down to Michigan St and Northwestern for the division last game of the season. No biggie, just going up against a team that's put up 137 points to an opponents 0 in the past 2 games, with a team that's hot one week and goes ice cold the next.

15. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Wyrmreaver

you're getting pretty confident about getting past me and into a BCS bowl :p

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well all he has to do is score a safety and he'll win based off last night's performance :cool:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Wyrmreaver

Not at all..... just outlining scenarios..... 3 User games going exactly as needed for cougs is unlikely, any one of the needed outcomes wouldn't be unexpected, but a lot has to fall right for him to get to the natty......

I would say that I have a pretty good chance against you, my team is at home..... i would say 55% chance of victory, Vegas has us as 4 point favorites :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So a 4-0 victory? Going for 2 safeties I see ;)

19. Wyrmreaver

Take Stanford and the points...... maybe an 8-5 final?

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That might be as exciting as listening to Jay and Cheez play last night!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wyrmreaver

Or all hell could break loose and the final could be 51-45 in Overtime and we could both throw for over 400 yards

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats funny...have you met my friend Cheez yet...oh yeah, you havent had the pleasure yet.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jayrah

recchem2000 TCU would not be looking at an NC if they were properly placed in the Big 12. Along with Cheez i like as close to real life as possible so in the interest of keeping close to real life realignment, I am telling you the changes I see so that you can do it quickly (though I am unaware of specific divisions teams are moving to):

ACC - Add Pitt and Syracuse from Big East
    SEC - Add Mizzou and Texas A&M from Big 12
    Big 12 - Add TCU and WVU from Big East
    Big East - Add Boise St and SDSU from MWC, Houston UCF and SMU from C-USA
    MWC - Add Fresno St, Nevada and Hawaii from WAC, UTEP from C-USA (due to proposed merger to join c-usa and mwc, because we cannot make a true conference merger in game)

The only oddity is that WAC is only 5 deep, but they don't matter and all their new teams are fcs.

If you want when we advance to offseason stuff this shouldn't take but 10 minutes as I just put togeyher in an offline dynasty for test run. I could do this.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

i dont think you can eradicate a conference like you would essentially be doing with the WAC. Could be wrong, though.

25. Jayrah

I just did it in offline dynasty setup. I believe a conference can be as few as 4 teams in game. The setup leaves it at 5. :)

• Like Like x 1