BCS Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by broth262, May 20, 2011.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Dec 30, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    As the season winds down I think it is important that we look ahead to the BCS games that await seasons end. Of course many things can change from now until then but I figure we take a look at the potential matcups that lie ahead, Of course there are many sleeper teams out there that can make a run for their conference titles, and many of the top BCS teams are vying it out for there conference titles. Namely Florida and Alabama claiming the top 2 spots in this weeks BCS rankings.

1. Bama (SEC Champ)
    2. Florida
    3. UCLA (Pac 10 Champ)
    4. Michigan State (Big 10 Champ)
    5. FSU (ACC Champ)
    6. UNC
    7. Rutgers (Big East Champ)
    8. Notre Dame
    9. Texas (Big 12 Champ)
    10. Miami
    11. USC
    12. Syracuse
    13. Utah
    14. Oklahoma
    15. Boise State

National Championship (1 vs 2)

Alabama vs. UCLA

Since the arrival of Nick Saban, Alabama has been a force to be reckoned with and nothing changes here. UCLA and coach @-Cougars- has recently become the beasts of the west dominating the Pac 10. This matchup could be a fun one to watch as it pits two teams. The dynasty, in the Crimson Tide, and the up and comers in the Bruins.

Sugar Bowl (SEC vs. Big 12)

Florida vs. Texas

Florida could easily be in the National Championship game but I see them losing to the Crimson Tide. Florida is a great team with a high octane offense that likes to spread the field. Then look at texas. The Big 12 race is still up in the air right now so they could easily be replaced by Oklahoma, or even darkhorse Iowa State. texas has an offense tht can keep pace with the Gators. But is scoring against the Big 12 defenses as impressive as scoring against the defenses of the SEC? That is what this matchup will prove.

Orange Bowl (ACC vs. Big East)

FSU vs. Rutgers

A bowl game that is typically overlooked, the Orange Bowl has grown into a much bigger deal lately with the emergence of Rutgers as a powerhouse in the East. Since the arrival of coach @fuzzy10gic Rutgers has been on the war path. Rutger started off this season wooping the Huskies by 24 points. Which in hindsight is a very impressive feet as the Huskies stand at 6-2 just putside of these rankings. FSU and coach @gwill is in a battle with the Tar Heels and coach @duhdman1026 to claim top spot in the ACC. It will come down to the title game to see who can squeak out the Championship. The winner of the ACC could very well be a darkhorse for the National Title.

Rose Bowl (Big 10 vs. At Large)

Michigan State vs. Notre Dame

One qualification of the Rose Bowl is that they like to have Pac 10 vs. Big 10. In this case Pac 10 champ UCLA is likely National Title bound, and USC and Washington seem a little far back to make a serious push. So who should face Michigan State and there legendary coach @MaslerBoros16 . Well who else but Big 10 wannabe Notre Dame. This game could be very heated and bring about a great old school matchup that the Rose Bowl committee loves.

Fiesta Bowl (At large vs. At Large)

UNC vs. Utah

Well this matchup is what I am least certain about. The Fiesta Bowl was designed to allow non-BCS schools a chance at the BCS. UNC isn't settling for this game and will still make a puch for the National Title or even the Orange Bowl. But if they lose a tough one, I can see them hanging on to BCS life and taking on a tough Utah team that has made BCS noise before.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    I need gwill to beat Florida and for Florida to beat Alabama. I have to avenge my Rose Bowl loss from last year and where better to do it that on college football's biggest stage
  3. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010
    Nice post man, was a nice little read.
  4. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Jul 22, 2009
    I got you. I owe Florida a beatdown big time. This year my team has a way to win this year and with the change in offensive philosophy, things are looking up.