BCS Rankings update - Week 12

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

* Penn State is in unless Oklahoma State pulls off the upset

* Texas has to win out to get in and they face Florida State and Nebraska (conference championship) before the bowl games

* USC needs Penn State, Texas or West Virginia (any 2 of those 3) to lose and needs to watch there back for Nebraska, Florida State, or one of the mid major unbeaten teams

* Ohio State needs a few dozen miracles, so no real shot

* Minnesota and UCLA have no realistic shot of getting in title

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Texas has a tough road to hold. Big user games against FSU and Conference Champ game against Nebraska.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am going to schedule West Virginia with regular season matches against Ohio State, Penn State, Texas and Florida State next season. I don't care how much it messes up the schedules, they will not have another undefeated regular season.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

It's unlikely, but I have an outside shot at sneaking into the BCS title game if I win out. A victory over #2 likely will let me jump USC and then I'd have another game vs a top 10 Minn team. We'll see, but that Nebraska game is likely going to haunt me.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

And I'll take those upstart CSU Rams. I'll kick the shit outta them!! [​IMG]

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Don't worry about USC. I'll take care of them.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State: week 13 @ Michigan State, week 14 @ Oklahoma State (Jman)

Texas: week 12 @ Florida State (Dru), week 13 @ Texas A&M, conference championship vs Nebraska (Blonde)

West Virginia: week 12 @ USF, week 13 @ Cincinnati, week 14 vs Clemson

USC: week 13 vs Arizona, week 14 @ UCLA (Perry)

Florida State: week 12 vs Texas (Slick), week 14 vs Minnesota (Beazus), conference championship vs North Carolina (Vandermint)

Nebraska: week 13 @ Colorado, conference championship vs Texas (Slick)

Alabama: week 12 @ Auburn, week 14 vs TCU, conference championship vs Florida

Colorado State: week 12 @ San Jose State, week 13 vs Hawaii, week 15 @ North Texas

Fresno State: week 12 @ Air Force, week 13 @ UNLV, week 14 @ Army

Florida State (Dru) has a brutal stretch. If they can take care of business and West Virginia falls then they will get another crack at Penn State (Hokie Effect). I did not list Ohio State, UCLA or Minnesota. Basically those teams would need to win out and have all but one team on the above list drop a game to get a championship berth. I know Fresno State is way down in the polls but they will jump quickly if they get to 12-0. Unless they lose to Air Force this week, I don't see the Bulldogs losing a game. The Rams also seem likely to go undefeated unless they lose week 13 against Hawaii. Colorado State is actually 1-0 against user teams, with a win over Washington State.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

i'm sick of this crap already.

I've been jumped more than your friendly neighborhood working girl in this f'ng abortion of a game.

[​IMG]

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

At least I don't feel bad about losing to CSU now. They are undefeated and have a heisman trophy candidate, who knew CSU was any good? HB Lenny Crum has over 1,000 yards rushing and 19 TDs. He is apparently the beast of the WAC.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Won't be a problem next year if you stay in Big 10, since that conference will have a conference championship game

For this year's game the only teams to 1-2 loss into the championship game are usually from SEC/ACC/Big 12.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Looks like my prediction was correct. FSU's victory vs Texas has caused us to be bumped up to #3 in the nation, and if I can beat Leon and Vandermint to close out the year, I have a small chance to get in the title game. I don't think it's going to happen though because WVU is still undefeated and has two easy games remaining, and I think both are at home.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Someone want to take over Clemson, just for week 14 :)