BCS Title Game #2 Virginia vs. #1 UCLA

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jan 1, 2010.

?

BCS Winnrer?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2010.
  1. UCLA -- Lawdog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Virginia -- Jr

100.0%
  1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

BCS Title Game #2 Virginia vs. #1 UCLA

2014 BCS TITLE GAME

Rankings Virginia National Rank UCLA National Rank
    Overall Rating B+ N/A A+ N/A
    Offense Rating B N/A A+ N/A
    Defense Rating A N/A A+ N/A
    Points Per Game 38.0 #4 44.9 #1
    Total Offense 5345 #22 6311 #3
    Rush Offense 1721 #21 3673 #2
    Pass Offense 3624 #9 2638 #63
    Total Defense 4205 #89 3140 #7
    Rush Defense 1122 #26 1042 #12
    Pass Defense 3083 #107 2098 #7
    Turnover Diff 3 #43 4 #38

KEY MATCHUPS

Virginia HB Jason Duckett 243 carries 1238 yards 13 rushing tds
    vs.
    UCLA MLB Terry Johnson 87 tackles 14 TFL 2 INT
    ADVANTAGE -- EVEN

Virginia WR Ben Hester 57 receptions 1018 yards 12 touchdowns 78.4 yards per game
    vs.
    UCLA FS Terrance Adams 70 tackles 10 TFL 3 interceptions
    ADVANTAGE -- UVA

UCLA QB Terrance Morris 126-187 for 2255 passing yards 18 tds 3 ints 112 carries for 707 yards 13 tds 227 yards per game (Heisman Winner)
    vs.
    Virginia FS Will McRae 95 tackles 9 TFL 2 interceptions
    ADVANTAGE -- UCLA

UCLA HB Vernon Valentine 212 carries 1122 yards 18 touchdowns 86 yards per game
    vs.
    Virginia MLB Chris Bush 77 tackles 8 TFL 2 QB Sacks 3 interceptions
    ADVANTAGE -- UCLA

UCLA WR JT Green 15 receptions 558 yards 7 touchdowns 40.7 yards per game (35 yards per catch, 99 speed)
    vs.
    Virginia CB Rob Mackey 36 tackles 7 interceptions 9 pass deflections.......
    ADVANTAGE -- UCLA

2. JrRawlins

UPDATED...

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

the ucla bruins are using the fact that UVA thinks they are playing fsu instead of ucla as extra motivation.

4. JrRawlins

mistakes happen...

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sometimes they happen four years in a row...

6. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

UCLA -3.5 for tonights matchup.

I'll be laying the points. UCLA 38 UVA 30

7. JrRawlins

#2 Virginia 35
    #1 UCLA 38

8. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Must be a good story considering JR changed is title....I'm sure it was a classic game between you two.

9. JrRawlins

RECAP

First quarter was a serious feeling out process.... both teams moved the ball but neither scored....Both teams had some success running the ball as Morris and Duckett set the tone... ****second quarter let the fireworks begin...... each team scores 21 points with Jason Duckett rushing for around 80 yards in the quarter including a 45 yard scamper late in the quarter....after a Bruin interception, Clark performed a beautiful play-fake and throw just over the outstretched Bruin corner to Ricky Allen for a 53 yard touchdown.... Terrence Morris showed why he won the Heisman connecting on not 1 but 2 deep throws one to WR MAnning and the other to his TE as it seemed like the Virginia secondary forgot to tackle....... the end of the half was strange to say the least....... as each QB threw a pick but neither offense could take advantage.... ***3rd quarter was all UCLA as Morris marched the Bruin offense up the field and scored on both of their possessions while Clark led a touchdown drive on their first possession but threw a pick and missed a wide open Duckett on the third possessions respectively. Morris carried most of the load through the first 3 quarters as he had racked up 65 yards on 14 carries...... lastly the 4th....... UCLA dominated the ball this quarter slowly but surely moving up the field behind Morris with some Valentine mixed in...... the Bruins drove deep into Virginia terroritory but Virginia held and UCLA settled for a FG...... 38-35 Bruins......... Virginia would get the ball twice more but fail to score each time...... The final UCLA possession was classic Morris as he made the nesscary throws and/or made huge scrambles to extend the Bruin drive.....

Players of the Game
    UCLA Terrance Morris 8 for 14 222 yards 2 tds 2 ints 26 carries for 87 yards
    Virginia Jason Duckett 18 carries 139 yards 3 tds 3 receptions 61 yards td

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

First off, great freaking game.

Jr left out the fact that my first TD came off a deflection by his safety, and then my WR proceeded to break a tackle on his way for a TD. Pretty lucky to say the least.

Jr's 3-4 defense is still a pretty big mystery to me. They are in a zone at least 85% of the time, but runs up the middle just won't work, his MLB's are just too good.

Each team's defense stepped up and he forced 3 punts and I luckily forced 4 punts.

The difference in the game was Morris playing healthy the whole game. Maybe it was the fact that it was his last game as a Bruin, but Morris ran the option really well all game and got tough yards when we needed it.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned but I think was worth mentioning, is that Im pretty sure this year's UCLA team is the first undefeated team so far in the dynasty. Pretty amazing that both UVA and UCLA were both undefeated going into this game, and both teams played great.

Great game.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That's just because he wasn't getting smacked around by those big Texas-bred linebackers of mine...

Those boys could tackle a horse.