BCS Title game Georgia 10 VS UT 38

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Oct 28, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    BCS Title game Georgia 10 VS UT 38

This game started out with a kick off to UT.

Bryce Brown would run up the gut over a couple of defensive players and into endzone for a 40 yd td to open the scoring.

The UT D was up to the task forcing a punt after a few first downs.

The O would drive down and net another TD and it was 14-0.

The Bulldogs didnt back down and the D started to play better forcing a couple of punts and stuffing the UT ground game.

Right before the half Tennesee would punt and down the ball at the Georgia 3 yard line.

Scales would try a pass and a nice rush from the Dline would cause him to step up into a sack forcing fumble that was scooped up by Lathers and run in for a five yard td.

Georgia would drive down into scoring range and force a pass that was picked off.

They would hold tight and force a punt and net a nice TD before the half to make it 21-7 at halftime.

The second half would open with a Georgia drive that bogged down in the redzone and a sack on third down would force a FG.

The Tennesee ground game got a welcome addition with the return of QB Stephens to the line up. His passes are much more crisp and accurate then either of his fill ins this season and allowed us to make more plays in the air. It was hard missing him for ten games this year, but the back up qbs were able to make enough plays and lean on a really good ground game and defense to get it done.

The story of the game was our ability to grind out first downs and keep drives alive. Oku had a td, Brown had 2 and a passing td and a defensive td would be enough for us to finish the season in style.

UT wins the championship 38-10. GG Helli.

14-0 on the season - BCS Champs
    7-0 in user games
    SEC Conference winners
    Bryce Brown heisman winner
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    gg Rusty. That was the most frustrating game I've ever played, and I mean EASILY. I credit that to your defense which was just suffocating. It reminds me a little bit of the first half of some of the games we had during last year's game. Only in NCAA 10 I'm not able to fight back at all once the momentum goes the other way.

I thought we'd be able to give you a game, but no such luck. We got out playcalled, out played, and I feel that in addition to those two facts your team came out much more ready to play than mine did. My team played kind of like Georgia Tech's team played against me this year. Just lost in the wilderness sorta...
  3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Feb 10, 2009
    Congratulations Tennessee!!

Perfect season had to use 3 QB's for extended amount of time this year just a great job by your team.

Were looking forward to the 3rd saturday in October in 2012.
  4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    Nice wins, and your team is still young. Look out SEC.
  5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Congrats Rusty!!

I believe I heard from Rusty before this year started "Oh Man, big down year for Tennessee this year!"
  6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Congrats Rusty! Tough one for Helli but I'm sure he will be back.