BCS Title Game Purdue 26 at UCLA 31

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, May 25, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

First game discoed mid first qtr with UCLA up 7-0.

We started fresh and traded punts early on.

UCLA would strike first after a long drive on an 8 yd td run from Young.

We would give up a FG to Purdue on the next drive to lead 7-3.

We would get it going in the air and a 29 yd perfect strike to Brandon Collins would lead to a 14-3 Bruin lead.

UCLA would get a stop and were looking to go up by at least 14 points before the half when a nice throw over the middle to our TE would have given us a first down inside the Boilers 25, but our TE fumbled the ball and purdue took advantage.

A long 41 yd sprint by the Purdue QB when we were in man to man D and left an entire side of the field open would be followed by a FB dive that went the distance from about 30 yards and intead of being up 17-3 we are up only 14-10...

But QB Cook threw a beauty of a pass on a corner route that WR Hicks would take the distance with his 99 speed and we lead 21-10 again.

We would get a stop before the half on a pick, but would give it right back to Purdue on a pick.

In the second half we got the lead up to 31-13 at one point and looked to have the game locked up. Purdue never died however and a hurry up drive with about 7 mins left put them back in the game.

UCLA had a chance to put the game away but a nice toss on third down to a wide open TE would just bounce off his helmet when there wasnt a player within 30 yards of him and we were forced to punt.

Purdue would score again and go for two, we stuffed it and recovered the onside kick.

The game wasnt over however as they had all three TOs left and were only down five points, Young would run a dive, an off tackle play and then on third and two a toss was blocked to perfection and UCLA would kneel it out to get a title.

Tough tough game, we thought we had it a few times only to watch as HR stormed back.

GG HR.

2. BRUCE80

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    congrats bruce! the proverbial monkey is off ya back, title coming to UCLA!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    GG, played horribly in the 1st half and bad picks did me in. Just can't get it done. :(

6. BRUCE80

[​IMG]

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nice win rusty...Purdue defense is tough but i guess your team handled that. It's about time you gave UCLA a title...

• Like Like x 1
  8. BRUCE80

Thanks, I agree.. We were able to hit some big passes on them over the top and it eased having to grind it out against them. Brandon Collins has been the best recruit we landed this year and was huge in this game again.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I agree with you bro.