BCS Title game scenario

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    BCS Title game scenario

1- Miami (1.000)- Miami is the #1 team in the land but their ACC championship will decide their fate. If they win, they are in as the #1 overall team in the land. If they lose to Clemson, it's lights out for the Hurricanes, who have one of the most talented teams in the nation.

2- Texas (.992)- The Longhorns are another team that awaits their fate. With their last game being the Big 12 title game, they have one of their tougher battles with #16 Colorado. If they win, they are in, simple as that. If they lose they are out.

3- Georgia Tech (.989)- GT is helped that the media thinks their the #2 team in the nation. Right now they hold a 8 point lead over Auburn and Tennessee. Their fate rests in the hands of the two teams ahead of them. If Texas or Miami lose, it looks like GT is headed for the title game. And this is without going to the ACC title game.

4- Auburn (.981)- Auburn may need help. I'm not sure what a win would do against #11 Georgia (#7 BCS)but it may boost them over GT, because they won their conference title. Auburn who needs to make up 8 points are hoping a win over Georgia can do. It can help that Texas AND Miami lose in their title games, while Auburn wins in order for them to get in.

5- Tennessee (.981)- Tennessee is the #3 ranked team in the country but they need the most help right now. In essence, since they are not in the SEC title game, they would need Miami, Auburn AND Texas to lose, and they'll likely become the #2 BCS team in the nation. They have the longest odds.

ODDS
    Miami vs. Texas- 3 to 1
    Miami vs. Georgia Tech- 7 to 1
    Miami vs. Auburn- 15 to 1
    Texas vs. Georgia Tech- 8 to 1
    Texas vs. Auburn- 20 to 1
    Georgia Tech vs. Auburn- 30 to 1
    Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee- 50 to 1

2. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

No disrespect Mo considering you are playing the best football in the League at this very moment but I think if I am fortunate enough to beat Georgia that vaults me ahead of you...... Maybe not Texas..

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah i thought about that...I just don't know how much of a jump u'd get from a win like that I guess.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah that win over Georgia will be huge for Mo. Not only did it knock Georgia out of the title shot but it also makes Auburns win over Georgia worth less in the BCS. Either way Miami is going to kick the shit out of Texas.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I agree a Auburn win does not put them they still need a Texas loss. Everybody does. But an Auburn win and a Texas loss puts Auburn ahead of Georgia Tech IMO.