BCS toughts from the Bama coach's point of view

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Aug 14, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Jun 23, 2009
    BCS toughts from the Bama coach's point of view

Next week the SEC and BCS playoffs begin. While i only need 2 wins in the last 3 weeks to play in the SEC title game. Two games are user games and 2 of the 3 are on the road. If Fla loses to Vandy then if i win one game i play for the SEC title.

BCS hopes, 5 teams ahead of me-
    -Ohio St and Michigan play so one of them will be knocked out, but the other is most likely in the BCS title game.

-I play Ole Miss so i control whether i bump them out.

-I beat Fla so i think winning the SEC east over them will get votes in my favor. They also have to beat 2 users.

-FSU plays FLA, If FLA wins that game, It might be my best hope to get in.

While i can pass every team accept one in a perfect scenario for me, if Ole Miss and the Michigan / Ohio St winner runs the table, they will play for the BCS title no matter what anyone else does.

But Ole Miss will have to beat Bama, LSU, and Bama / FLA in SEC title game to run the table while FSU can lose on any given Saturday, it really has to beat FLA and a few weaker teams.

Team breakdowns run the table, win and your in-

Ohio St / Michigan winner will get in
    Ole Miss

If Ole Miss loses to Bama, everyone else wins out

Ohio St / Michigan winner
    SEC conf game winner if its a 1 loss Bama / LSU

Bama loses to ole miss, Ole Miss loses to LSU, LSU lose to Bama in SEC title game. FSU loses to FLA.

Ohio St / Michigan winner will get in
    Ohio St / Michigan loser
    Bama(still has to beat Vandy to be on this list. I could lose to Vandy and still win the SEC as described above)
    Ole Miss ( if Ole Miss loses to Bama but beats LSU and Bama in SEC title, they could be back in the picture)
  2. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

Aug 5, 2009
    The people are talking about the big Michigan and ohio state game!!!! What will come of it who will win the game. Only Time will tell..
  3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Jun 23, 2009
    I am taking it 1 step at a time with Michigan. My boys know that going into Camp Randall to take on the Badgers this coming week will be no easy task. Ohio State has to knock down Coach IAHAWKS and his Hawkeyes in week 11 before this dream scenario can take form, and those kids from the corn are a pretty good squad, i wouldn't sleep on them. Yes we all realize that the OSU-UM game could very well be a repeat scenario of 2006 when we both met 11-0 in Columbus. The way i see it, the winner of the UM-OSU game will be in the Title Game, and the loser will head to the Rose Bowl. I believe both FSU and Ole Miss are going to have a hard time getting to the title game since their remaining schedules are tough and they would have to win their conference title game.
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Big user games coming up....

Some hearts are going to be broken....

Georgia Tech will continue to climb the polls as you guys knock each other off.....lol