Bearcats Scouting Report

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by GoGators, Jan 31, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    Bearcats Scouting Report

Offense = Texas Tech
    Defense = 3-4

Scholarships Available: 17

2009-2010 Recruiting Board
    Needs: C, FS

Commit List
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Position Ranking Caliber Notes
    Lance Long DE 2 :4stars: Not a game breaker but solid all around. Will need time to develop but will help the Cincy D.
    Lance Owens DE 5 :4stars: Same as Long, solid all around with room to grow.
    Todd Fontenot CB 22 :4stars: Good man cover corner with bad hands. Big get though as his #2 was the Pitt Panthers.
    Bobby Strong T 11 :4stars: 6'7" 282 lbs, with B pbk & rbk. Dude's a monster.
    Josh Noel HB 15 :4stars: 6' 213 lbs, B+ spd, B carry, B acceleration. Will bring solid depth to the Cincy backfield.
    Tyler Williams FS 21 :3stars: 6'3" 199 lbs with B+ spd and B- tkl. Solid in man coverage B-.
    Nick King MLB 13 :3stars: 6' 199 lbs, C+ spd, B- tkl, C+ bshd, C+ hit power, will need some time to develop and get bigger.
    Nate Munoz DT 27 :3stars: 6'2" 283 lbs, B- strength and tackling. His size is why we recruited him, he'll need to get stronger.
    George Fields TE 27 :3stars: 6'6" 222 lbs, C- spd, C catch and route running, B- catch in traffic.
    Brian Kelly WR 52 :3stars: 6'3" 198 lbs, B spd, C+ route running, C catch in traffic.
    Whitworth HB -- :3stars: 6'2 215, B+ spd, C- btk, B cry, C cth
    Kenneth Cary T 129 :2stars: 6'7" 288, B- run and pass block. Dudes huge!
    Terence Lawson WR 85 :2stars: 6' 166 lbs, B spd, C- hands, C+ route runner. He's a project.
    Joe Ellis CB -- :2stars: 6'2 186, A- spd, B- zcv, got return man written all over him.
    Fred Thompson C 66 :2stars: 6'3" 324 lbs, B- pbk, C rbk, B- str. Another monster if he can't block at least he'll take up a lot of space.
  2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    Offense: Runs the TTU offense which means lots of 4-wide out of the shotgun. Gilyard catches everything so watch out for him. Throws down field well, and works the flats when they are open. He doesnt make many bad throws so take advantage of any turnover that bounces your way.

Defense: 3-4 base nothing too fancy. Controls the FS for the most part and mixes up his coverages well. I was able to establish the run which is probably your best bet at keeping his offense off the field.
  3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    2010 game

Offense - passing, passing and more passing. He plays 3-5 wides all game, and if you give him time he will pick you apart. He is really good at identifying and attacking zone looks, finding the corner routes vs cover 2, the flats vs zone blitzes, etc. Doesn't run much (I don't think he called a single run the entire first half), when he does it's about a 50/50 split between some form of option or a direct handoff from the gun to the HB. He picked up really good yards when he did run with the HB, I think he should have done it more to try and keep me from straight dime defenses.

Defense - plays a base 3-4 look and I believe he ran a good bit of zone blitzes. Brings pressure as expected from the LB's and mostly controlled the SS.

Good player, tight passing game.