Bears Disconnect Issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Apr 23, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Bears Disconnect Issues

I noticed in the niners/bears scheduling thread that they have tried to play this a few time, but was disconnected. Isn't this what Drunk complained about and said others have as well? What connection does this guy have?

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Frankly, I am getting tired of this guy.

#1) Did you see his writeup after his wild-card game win? That is NOT what we should expect from our owners as we move forward.

#2) He is probably the least active owner remaining in our league.

#3) He has disconnect and lag issues nearly every week.

This is Claven's call, but something may need to be done here.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I was on his side with the Drunk issue, but this is getting kind of annoying. We would be one game from advancing if they didnt have to play this game 4 times. And as Dunlap said, the write up for a playoff game was awful. I don't know what Claven wants to do about this and I am not pushing for a boot, but I would understand. Everyone has to make that jump from dial up eventually

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

How long do you let an inactive guy go? He is testing the limits in this league.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Chatting with Chrisdstan, trying to take baby steps with him...

Emmdotfrisk: hey chris Frisk here

chrisdstan: Sup man

Emmdotfrisk:hey so dunlap said you are wanting to be the steelers right?

chrisdstan:Yea I'm thinking about I'm a huge fan

Emmdotfrisk:cool cool where are you from?

chrisdstan: Ohio

Emmdotfrisk:cool cool. So here is the deal. The board is hesitant yo reward you with another team because of your activity. Is that something that is a problem for you?

chrisdstan: What activity, everything happened in the 1st season, I been on 3 strikes all year and is in the playoffs

Emmdotfrisk:I have noticed that. Those strikes were issued to you in hopes that you would pick it up in terms of posting. But it has not changed. You are averaging 0.48 posts a day and hardly any in OMFL, that is the main issue.

chrisdstan: Ok np I can keep the bears, I just don't post a lot unless it's a summary I really don't get into anything else like fight or what not u know what I mean so I'm guilty of that for sure

Emmdotfrisk:I know man, I am not trying to be condescending or anything. Just giving you the boards opinion. I am sure if you posted a bit more here and there and put a little more effot into summaries we would be very inpressed.

Emmdotfrisk: some leagues on TF let activity slide and value playing more than activity but the OMFL wants to be known as the most active site Madden league on TF. That is difficult to do, but that is the direction we are trying to go.

chrisdstan: I don't like bitching and most of the post do that and also getting tired of watching my favorite team and other owners keep switching and leaving the teams hanging.

chrisdstan: Nate knows that he's known me for years but if that's why I can't switch I understand

Emmdotfrisk: posts dont have to be negative. You can virtually post about anything. The OMFL is a community where you can chat about anything related to the game and season. I know people are switching, I myself am one of them but the Vikigns are my favorite team. I have been waiting for them for awhile now.

Emmdotfrisk: We are not asking you to constantly post all the time but to maybe post an article or summary with pics, that would be a solid start. Nate has vouched for you and that is why you have been able to get by without posting.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Good job Frisk. You have been a great addition to the board!

7. Emmdotfrisk

Thanks Web, I have more of our chat to add that happened later in the night, will do so soon.

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I made a post for him and dristch in the game time thread. Let's just wait and see what happens tonight. Hopefully the game will be played and we can advance tonight. Also if the game gets played and any of you notice it feel free to text me @ 703-862-6480 letting me know and I will get on to advance. (unless it's like midnight est.) then I will just advance in the morning.

9. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I'm sure he doesn't have dial-up... you can't even play with that online and be able to function.

If he is DC'ing when losing thats not cool. I talked to someone who let 49er owner play at his house (his friend i forgot who) and said 49ers were up 14 and in the redzone again and bears DC'd. Not cool.

Also his post game write ups are a joke. They are one liners basically saying GG.

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

This is what Im afraid he's doing, but theres no way to prove it. I think we get 1 more complaint about a game disconnecting while he's losing, we might have to boot him and get someone else in here.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Just for the record, when they DC'd the second time it was Dirtch who DC'd when he was losing. . .

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

So where do we stand on this?

13. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Right now, I believe he's staying in the league.

I think we should schedule a day and time and get all the board members together to discuss certain things over mumble or AIM chat room.

14. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well why don't you just talk with him about his connection, with the new rules in place, and with Frisk talking with him we can sit back and see where he goes and what happens.