Bears @ Minnesota

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CWT 3000, Oct 20, 2010.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The Vikings came into this game looking to continue to assert themselves offensivley. The gameplan was simple; be agressive, spread the offense and get the passing game going early to open up running lanes for AP.

The Vikes came out and opened up a 14-0 lead after one quarter. I have to say though, Favre's TD pass to Bernard was one of those "Madden Moments" were both owners were screaming B.S.- but I'll take it (been on the other of those plays way too much).

The Bears came out bltizing like a MoFo and really got after Favre. The pressure finally got to him as he threw a vintage "Favre Pick 6" in the 4th quarter. At this point I was sure Brett was going to hand the Bears another win (last game vs. the Bears, Favre looked more like Akili Smith).

With the Vikes up 24-21 now in the 4th- the Vikes got the ball back after the INT return and went three-and-out. The Bears at this point had been starting to move the ball down the field, but MN's D came up huge forcing the Bears to punt. Regaining their poise the Vike got back to being aggressive and regained momentum on their final drive. Chewing up clock time and driving deep enough into Bears territory for a field goal; made it 27-21. The Bears had time to take a few shots down field, but the D held and secured a 27-21 win.

Key Highlight:

Shiacoe had 9 cathes for over 100 yds. (due mostly to the blitzes MN faced early- I relied heavily on getting the ball out to Shiancoe)

Bears lost Urlacher on the final MN play of the game for the remainder of the season and lost a starting?? CB as well for the season.

AP went for over 100 yds rushing

QB Bohman actually played well early on, but showed his true colors late in the fourth missing on a few easy routes.

**Good Game Unknownsoldier55, we should have some good battles in the coming months ahead.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Very nice recap! Sounds like it was a great game.

3. uknownsoldier55

uknownsoldier55 Walk On

it was a pretty good one , i dont remember blizting that much early tho , maybe i did ,cant remember for sure

i didnt expect you to be online when i got home , i got pretty busy at work and never had time for my dinner break , so i was starving and had my girlfriend cook me up a sandwich , so the first half i was trying to eat and play at the same time

just glad it didnt turn into a blow out , it kinda looked like it was going to early on but i finished my sandwich and kept my composer and got back in the game , the sack/fumble on favre was key then the bowman (i think it was bowman) int for a TD didnt hurt ,dime flat cover 2 worked like a charm , i know some ppl think zone sucks this year but i like it in situations

when you cant run the ball , and your QB is Brian Brohm you gunna have problems

Good Game CWT ,

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Maybe it was the pressure your team was coming with, not really a blitz, but damn the box was stacked. After the forced fumble I started paying more attention to where the pressure was coming from and noticed the blitzes coming fast. Even on the PIC 6 I had no where to go with it, and next thing I know your DL was coming at me fast and just had toget rid of it ( I just hit the first button I could get a finger on and obviously hit the wrong one).

Ya soldier you need a RB bad. I think at half you had -4 yards rushing. Iwas pretty much trying to mix zones with some blitz packages, because I knew my front 4 would take care of the run. I was hoping Brohm would have thrown a few pics but damn he was sneaking some good throws in small windows.

Anytime you want to play a ranked game on-line just hit me up. It gets old playing guys who go for it on 4th and 20 and still get the first down on somes stupid play :( Madden used to have a fair play setting for on-line that prevented asswhipes from doing this. Wish they'd bring it back for ranked matches.