Bears position changes, moving from 4-3 to 3-4.

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by ferocious, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

R.3 POSITION CHANGES
    • RB > FB; only if above 230 lbs AND speed is 85 or less
    • FB > RB
    • RB > WR; only if the RB's catch rating is 80+
    • TE > WR; only if the TE 's speed is 85+
    • TE > FB; only if the TE's speed is 85 or less
    • OL > OL; all positions on the offensive line are interchangeable
    • DL > DL; all positions on the defensive line are interchangeable
    • DE > OLB; only if moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4
    • OLB > DE; only if moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3
    • LB; all linebacker positions are interchangeable
    • CB > S; only if the CB's tackle rating is 65+
    • S > CB; only if the S's man coverage rating is 75+

Bears will move from a 4-3 to 3-4 defense officially, we have been playing that from the start but with new position trade rule we request to do the following:

RE Julius Peppers to OLB
    LE Shea McClellin to OLB
    CB Kelvin Hayden to S
    Hayden ratings.jpg

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

ferocious

Alonso, are you still changing your base defense; or just requesting to move Hayden to safety?

3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Still changing my base defense. Tryed both but settled on 3-4. So this will be permanent.

4. CHUNKNESS

ferocious
    pittrocks43
    LtJustice

Alonso, we've discussed your indication to change to a 3-4 defense shifting McClellin and Peppers to OLB. Eddie, Jim, and I all are scratching our heads on this and would like some additional explanation before we approve. Please provide your basis for the change and how your personnel fits a 3-4 base defense. More particularly, why are you making the change and how will you be using your personnel. As for moving Hayden to safety... Provide your thought process behind that as well. Thx.

5. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Im switching to a 3-4 because thats my defense of preference and always has been, I havent played 4-3 with Bears defense this season except for practice. That was the reason for me getting Angerer from the Colts so I can have a #2 MLB along with Urlacher. Moving Peppers and McClellin to OLB helps me with the pass rush and puts them in a position they can excel in, were if they stay in their positions they dont have the right attributes and weight to play inside the line. I already have LE Idonije and RE Castillo to play inside, so dont need power players sitting on the sideline. Currently Peppers is a 88ovr as an OLB as to McClellin is in 70's. As for moving CB Hayden to safety it helps me by having a starting safety in Hayden as he is rated 77ovr and all my other safetys are lower besides SS Wright which he is 78ovr. Hayden no longer has the speed he had before to keep up with WR's specially at the slot postion, and after I got CB Dowling from my trade with the Patriots. Well I really dont need Hayden as a CB. Hope this helps.

Thanx,
    ZO

6. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

7. CHUNKNESS

ferocious

Alonso, I am going to be candid with you. Neither Jim, Eddie, or I care for what you are doing here, but we're going to allow it.