Bears/Titans (BLOCKBUSTER) ***DENIED***

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TwoTONS04, Sep 1, 2010.

1. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Bears/Titans (BLOCKBUSTER) ***DENIED***

Titans send:
    HB Chris Johnson
    2nd round pick

Bears send:
    WR Devin Hester 12 mil cap hit
    RB Matt Forte $500,000 Cap hit
    Bears first round
    Denvers first round

2. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Bears agree

3. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Titans Agree

Chris Johnsons Cap hit is 3.00M for the record

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

trade is under review. if approved, it will not be processed until week 5 as the Titans have already played their week 4 game. because this is a pivotal blockbuster deal, Eddie or I will confirm whether or not it will be allowed and we will inform you if any changes need to be made to the current terms.

5. CHUNKNESS

Please remember to include player overalls in any future trade announcements... Thx!

Titans send:
    HB Chris Johnson (99ovr)
    2nd round pick

Bears send:
    WR Devin Hester 12 mil cap hit (78ovr, 94ovr RET)
    RB Matt Forte $500,000 Cap hit (86ovr)
    Bears first round
    Denvers first round

6. CHUNKNESS

Cap penalties are accurate with C.J. being a 3M cap penalty for the Titans. We'll approve the deal if you revise it as follows...

Titans send...

HB Chris Johnson (99ovr)
    and the Titans 2nd round draft pick
    (3M cap penalty)

Bears send...

HB Matt Forte (86ovr)
    WR Devin Hester (78ovr, 94 RET)
    and the Bears or Broncos 1st round draft pick - whichever pick is higher in the round once the draft order is determined at the end of the season.
    (12.5M cap penalty)

7. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

I sure do hope this goes through because I just played a game without Hester and Forte and lost by 5 points because I did not want to risk losing either to injuries and voiding the trade.

I guess I dont understand this whole approval process.

We say this is a league that if it doesnt happen on Sundays it dont happen here.

Does Roger Goodell modify trades?

8. CHUNKNESS

Daryl, I understand your concern. However, we have always reserved the right to modify or deny any trade. That is part of the risk taken when dealing players during the season - particularly in a blockbuster deal involving a 99ovr running back. I may agree with you that Roger Goodell does not modify trades, however, that does not apply to our league setting. Eddie and I must do what is in the best interest to maintain the integrity of the league. I apologize that our decision effects you directly, but it is what we feel is best for the league as a whole. I hope you understand our reasoning for disapproving your deal as it was originally posted.

9. Bradkaz96

I will NOT approve of the modified trade, not enough for the best offensive player in the game. Sorry Daryl but I can't do it like I told you offline just moving up a round isn't worth it, I needed the extra high pick to make it happen.

10. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

Brad & Daryl we want both of you guys to make this deal but I have to be honest with you guys, this deal was way too 1 sided. Just work off of the revised deal. Maybe instead of adding the 2nd Rd pick Brad send a player instead. Or maybe you can take the later 1st round pick & drop the the 2nd Rd pick. You guys can work something out I'm sure

11. CHUNKNESS

I'm confused by your statement, Brad. The way the revised trade was posted, it was so that you DO get the higher pick of the two. We just cannot determine which will be higher until the draft order is determined at the end of the season.

To add to this, please don't use the revised deal that I posted as the cure all. You guys can revise it however you like. Consider the revised deal that I had posted more of a suggestion. But we cannot approve the trade as it was originally posted. As good as C.J. is, the Titans were receivng too much compensation in the deal. By all means, please try to work something else out if you can, and feel free to contact me or Eddie regarding if you have any additional questions/concerns.

12. Bradkaz96

By Extra pick i meant acquiring 1 more pick than I was giving away, I don't see how I was over compensated at all. Im getting a far less superior RB back, a 27 year old WR/Return man with B potential and his better 1st rounder and moving up from my 2nd to what looks to be a late 1st round pick.

If this deal is sought out to be detrimental to the league I guess CJ just wont go anywhere and will remain a Titan for the life of this franchise. Im not letting the best offensive player in the league go for mediocrity. Im not mad in anyways, Im sure Daryl is more upset than I am right now as he spent countless hours trying to hash out a deal.